Customer reviews

Format: Blu-ray|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 September 2016
This was a lot better than I was expecting, so that was quite a pleasant surprise. After having suffered the truly dire Into The Woods [DVD] [2014] I was prepared to make an early exit from watching the retelling of another favourite fairy tale. But it was actually done very well, with a wonderfully impressive CGI beanstalk and superb giants; it wasn't perfect as I found some of the characters a bit too sketchily defined, and there was a fair bit of quite poor, stilted dialogue at times. However, Stanley Tucci made a first-class villain and was great to watch; Nicholas Hoult and Eleanor Tomlinson were a good choice for the roles of Jack and Isabelle, and were fun to watch too. I like Ewan McGregor but felt he was miscast as Elmont, the captain of the king's guard - it was quite an entertaining performance, but just didn't seem too convincing (for me, anyway). I won't give away the plot, but I loved the twist in the tale near what seemed to be the end of the film.... All in all, it was a very enjoyable film to watch.
on 2 July 2017
It was a good enough watch, I've seen worse with better reviews. Thought the storyline was quite good and everything was quite fast paced so I didn't get bored and nod off..it's been known to happen 😉.. certainly entertaining enough for the older child. I especially liked the giants..gruesome yet not particularly bright and gave us a chuckle.
on 6 August 2015
Lots of good and bad stuff from this film.

Good: Great visuals, decent soundtrack,cinematic feel, exciting screenplay, cinematography,
Bad: Poor acting, felt long (dragged on), cast

Overall: I enjoyed it more than I would have though, but still had some weak points
on 17 May 2017
Went to see this in the pictures. Great fun. HHGH.
on 1 May 2017
Great picture, excellent effects, my children loved it
on 20 June 2017