Flavour: Lemon Sparkle|Size: 4 x 20 (80 tablets)|Change
Price:£27.64+ £4.00 shipping

Flavour: Original|Size: 2 x 30 (60 tablets)|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Just to be clear, amongst all the variants, this is a review of the Finish Quantum Original tabs.

These are pretty much the top-of-the-line out of Finish tabs. I tested these against "Finish All in One Max Original", which are a more "basic" product in the Finish line, to see the differences. Overall, my conclusion is that these tabs DO come out ahead, but only just, and a lot depends on your circumstances.

On normal regular washing, both the Quantum and All In One do a good job on nearly everything, The only time the Quantum came out ahead was with removing baked-on Yorkshire pudding from a tin - Quantum cleaned the lot, but All In One left significant residue.

On a very quick wash (my machine has a 30 minutes one) the Quantum comes out ahead because it contains gel rather than all powder. I found no powder residue in the machine afterwards, where with All-In-One I found some remnant of the tablet un-dissolved.

With the Quantum there is no wrapper to peel off - you just put the tablet in as it comes and the outer plastic coating is water soluble.

These are the only differences I could see. In longer term use, you might be able to pick up differences in glassware clouding, etc., but over the time I have tried both tablets I could see no difference.

In the end, a lot comes down to price. Right now, on Amazon, this pack of Quantum tablets are actually significantly cheaper, per tablet, than the All-In-One. At that price, the Quantum is a no-brainer. But prices fluctuate, and there are often offers on one product or another. So - buyer beware!

UPDATE: After using for several weeks, I have noticed that the Quantum tabs have had a noticeable effect on my glasses. Where they were somewhat white and cloudy from past dishwashing, with repeated use of Quantum they have become clear again. This improvement to previously clouded glass was an unexpected benefit. I am now much more keen to use these in future.
VINE VOICEon 16 January 2014
Finish is my brand of choice for dishwasher tablets. I always get these or the All in Ones, depending on the best price I can find at the time. Amazon are usually cheaper, especially with their subscribe and save system.

Now, the tablet itself. The first time I used these I wondered how to get the wrapper off the tablet - the misses thought it was hilarious, as it is fairly obvious they don't have wrappers. At first this appears to be a good thing but be aware that if you have a super quick wash like we do on our dishwasher you may sometimes find the tablet hasn't fully dissolved. For quick washes I usually use the All in One version.

For longer washes though the results are outstanding. The shine is very clear to see even on old glasses. We don't get glasses having the clouding effect after many times in the dishwasher.

For tough washes, like hardened casserole, these make light work of it. Granted the dishwasher has to be put on a higher setting but it saves all the scrubbing.

At the right price these are my first choice but I will settle for the All in One version if I can't find any offers on these, or Amazon are out of stock.
Flavour: Original|Size: 1 x 60 (60 tablets)|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Finish Quantum Regular 60 tablets in 1 pack. Beware, Amazon has lumped several different types and pack sizes of Finish tablet on this page, not all are the same.

This particular Quantum Regular tablet offers the convenience of just dropping the tablet and its covering into the dispenser (no wrapper to be removed). But, there is a problem: the re-sealable Finish packs do not reseal well after a while and instead we have found that it is essential to always store the tablets in a couple of old airtight Tupperware boxes to protect them from humidity - the larger one keeps the bulk of the pack dry in long term storage, the smaller one holds just a few handy for daily use. This is because most of the time our machine is only used on alternate days, and a pack of 60 tablets will last us as long as four months; but if these tablets are left exposed to normal humid kitchen air they will become sticky and horrible in maybe a week, even less if wet fingers were used to pick out the previously used tablets.

This pack of Quantum does NOT claim to be safe in septic tanks.

We've been using all of the various types of Finish dishwasher tablets and powders for more than three decades in a couple of different dishwashers. They consistently perform very well in the Which? tests. To my surprise, regardless of which of the many types of Finish tablet we use, the results are always much better than the occasionally tried "Own Brand" supermarket tablets. We have soft water but still always make sure the dishwasher has the water-softener and rinse-aid working correctly and the filters are clear. We usually use the shorter but hotter wash program. The machine remains clean and pong-free.

Beware, soft glass will be scoured by the basic Regular tablets, as happened very quickly with our La Cafetiere Le Tea Pot, some of our older drinking glasses, and the glaze and decoration on the cheaper mugs - even though they may claim to be 'Dishwasher Safe'. And because of this we still always hand wash our most expensive glassware, crockery and cutlery even if the dish washer can use a 'glass protection' or 'shine polish' tablet.

We also never pay the ridiculously high 'full list price' and always look for offers on the opportunity to stock up cheap, usually at about a third of list.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 27 May 2014
We've been using Finish tablets for years – I tend to buy them whenever a special offer comes up at the supermarket and I'm not overly fussy about which of the various Finish tablets I get as they all do the job satisfactorily. I have occasionally used supermarket own-brand tablets but find them to be harsh, particularly on glassware, whilst not getting rid of baked on food on e.g. casserole dishes. With Finish, invariably the dishes, etc come out perfectly clean. I don't recall ever having had problems with glassware with the Finish tablets but they have dulled the exterior enamel on some pans so I am selective in what I put in the dishwasher. I wouldn't dream of putting good china and crystal in the dishwasher regardless of the type of tablet.

I've also used the Fairy tabs a few times, mainly when they have been on offer. I prefer the Finish tablets, particularly the lemon-scented version, over the Fairy ones, mainly because the Fairy tabs leave a fairly strong smell and occasionally there seems to be a sort of residue on crockery.

You don't need to add rinse aid or salt with these Finish tablets – I was initially concerned about this but everything comes out streak-free so the tablets are doing their job. The only problem is having to repeatedly press buttons to override my dishwasher's incessant demands for salt & rinse aid! The pack does say that if you live in an area of particularly hard water then you may need to supplement with dishwasher salt. I live in an area where water is on the hard side but not excessively so and I haven't need to do this.

The seal on the bag isn't that good and in theory the tabs need to be kept dry. Even when the pack has unsealed itself, the tablets haven't come to any harm stored in the cupboard under the sink.
on 23 March 2016
I had previously ordered some Classic wash tablets - but they proved inadequate. In fact I thought my dishwasher was defective until Amazon sent me two Quantum Max tablets as a trial. and what an experience. They were so much better than the Classic and I didn't have a problem with the dishwasher after all; all my crockery shiny and sparkling.
I immediately ordered this pack of 60 Quantum Max and was of course delighted with the speed of delivery and the quality of the wash.
Gramps
on 28 February 2016
These tablets are better than the Fairy Platinum ones I've previously tried. They clean glasses brilliantly, I found with the Fairy tablets they left a strong soapy smell in the dishes whereas the Finish ones don't.

Very pleased. And in Subscribe & Save you can't get these conveniently delivered and with a saving. We found that 45 tablets last around two months as we don't use the dishwasher every day. The bag is resealable which helps prevent moisture getting in the bag and damaging the tablets.
on 17 June 2016
This Quantum Regular tablet offers the convenience of just dropping the tablet into the dispenser and no wrapper to be removed. I wasn't very impressed with the quality of the tablets though as some of the solution leaked out of some of the tablets which obviously left them unusable.
BUT saying that we have used several of the various types of Finish dishwasher tablets and these perform consistently well, they leave our dishes clean and sparking. Regardless of which of the many types of Finish tablet we use, the results are always much better than the occasionally tried "Own Brand" supermarket tablets.

We never pay the ridiculously high 'full list price' and always look for offers on the opportunity to stock up cheap, usually at about a third of list.
on 29 December 2014
I like these tablets as they leave the dishwasher and the dishes very clean and without any residue. All the glasses are sparkly, and I can tell the difference when I use the supermarket own premium version compared to these. Definitely worth the few extra pounds.
on 12 November 2014
Some reviewers stress the need to keep these tablets dry to prevent them dissolving prematurely but I have the opposite problem - the tablets won't dissolve properly leaving the dishes dirty and only partly washed.

I'm not sure if we have just been unlucky and this is a faulty batch but a small number of other reviewers have had the same problem and if the tablets don't work then they only get 1 star.

Will take them back to Tesco where we bought them and ask for a refund.
review image review image review image
44 comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Does the job pretty well, I think more of the cleaning is actually undertaken by the dishwasher as opposed to the detergent and these function better than most of their competitors in our eco friendly, water reducing, power saving dishwasher which requires stronger detergents to pollute rather than lots of water to clean.

See one answered question