Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

Flavour: Original|Size: 8 x 10 (80 tablets)|Change
Price:£6.99 - £48.99

Flavour: Original|Size: 2 x 30 (60 tablets)|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Just to be clear, amongst all the variants, this is a review of the Finish Quantum Original tabs.

These are pretty much the top-of-the-line out of Finish tabs. I tested these against "Finish All in One Max Original", which are a more "basic" product in the Finish line, to see the differences. Overall, my conclusion is that these tabs DO come out ahead, but only just, and a lot depends on your circumstances.

On normal regular washing, both the Quantum and All In One do a good job on nearly everything, The only time the Quantum came out ahead was with removing baked-on Yorkshire pudding from a tin - Quantum cleaned the lot, but All In One left significant residue.

On a very quick wash (my machine has a 30 minutes one) the Quantum comes out ahead because it contains gel rather than all powder. I found no powder residue in the machine afterwards, where with All-In-One I found some remnant of the tablet un-dissolved.

With the Quantum there is no wrapper to peel off - you just put the tablet in as it comes and the outer plastic coating is water soluble.

These are the only differences I could see. In longer term use, you might be able to pick up differences in glassware clouding, etc., but over the time I have tried both tablets I could see no difference.

In the end, a lot comes down to price. Right now, on Amazon, this pack of Quantum tablets are actually significantly cheaper, per tablet, than the All-In-One. At that price, the Quantum is a no-brainer. But prices fluctuate, and there are often offers on one product or another. So - buyer beware!

UPDATE: After using for several weeks, I have noticed that the Quantum tabs have had a noticeable effect on my glasses. Where they were somewhat white and cloudy from past dishwashing, with repeated use of Quantum they have become clear again. This improvement to previously clouded glass was an unexpected benefit. I am now much more keen to use these in future.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 27 May 2014
Flavour: Original|Size: 1 x 60 (60 tablets)|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We've been using Finish tablets for years – I tend to buy them whenever a special offer comes up at the supermarket and I'm not overly fussy about which of the various Finish tablets I get as they all do the job satisfactorily. I have occasionally used supermarket own-brand tablets but find them to be harsh, particularly on glassware, whilst not getting rid of baked on food on e.g. casserole dishes. With Finish, invariably the dishes, etc come out perfectly clean. I don't recall ever having had problems with glassware with the Finish tablets but they have dulled the exterior enamel on some pans so I am selective in what I put in the dishwasher. I wouldn't dream of putting good china and crystal in the dishwasher regardless of the type of tablet.

I've also used the Fairy tabs a few times, mainly when they have been on offer. I prefer the Finish tablets, particularly the lemon-scented version, over the Fairy ones, mainly because the Fairy tabs leave a fairly strong smell and occasionally there seems to be a sort of residue on crockery.

You don't need to add rinse aid or salt with these Finish tablets – I was initially concerned about this but everything comes out streak-free so the tablets are doing their job. The only problem is having to repeatedly press buttons to override my dishwasher's incessant demands for salt & rinse aid! The pack does say that if you live in an area of particularly hard water then you may need to supplement with dishwasher salt. I live in an area where water is on the hard side but not excessively so and I haven't need to do this.

The seal on the bag isn't that good and in theory the tabs need to be kept dry. Even when the pack has unsealed itself, the tablets haven't come to any harm stored in the cupboard under the sink.
Finish Quantum Regular 60 tablets in 1 pack. Beware, Amazon has lumped several different types and pack sizes of Finish tablet on this page, not all are the same.

This particular Quantum Regular tablet offers the convenience of just dropping the tablet and its covering into the dispenser (no wrapper to be removed). But, there is a problem: the re-sealable Finish packs do not reseal well after a while and instead we have found that it is essential to always store the tablets in a couple of old airtight Tupperware boxes to protect them from humidity - the larger one keeps the bulk of the pack dry in long term storage, the smaller one holds just a few handy for daily use. This is because most of the time our machine is only used on alternate days, and a pack of 60 tablets will last us as long as four months; but if these tablets are left exposed to normal humid kitchen air they will become sticky and horrible in maybe a week, even less if wet fingers were used to pick out the previously used tablets.

This pack of Quantum does NOT claim to be safe in septic tanks.

We've been using all of the various types of Finish dishwasher tablets and powders for more than three decades in a couple of different dishwashers. They consistently perform very well in the Which? tests. To my surprise, regardless of which of the many types of Finish tablet we use, the results are always much better than the occasionally tried "Own Brand" supermarket tablets. We have soft water but still always make sure the dishwasher has the water-softener and rinse-aid working correctly and the filters are clear. We usually use the shorter but hotter wash program. The machine remains clean and pong-free.

Beware, soft glass will be scoured by the basic Regular tablets, as happened very quickly with our La Cafetiere Le Tea Pot, some of our older drinking glasses, and the glaze and decoration on the cheaper mugs - even though they may claim to be 'Dishwasher Safe'. And because of this we still always hand wash our most expensive glassware, crockery and cutlery even if the dish washer can use a 'glass protection' or 'shine polish' tablet.

We also never pay the ridiculously high 'full list price' and always look for offers on the opportunity to stock up cheap, usually at about a third of list.
on 13 September 2016
The Quantum tablets are the best, they leave the dishes with a softer feel and the glasses look much brighter. Surprisingly after using other brands in my dishwasher, I had noticed that some times were becoming stained or cloudy. One wash with these and my cups were completely white again, no stains and they felt better. A lot of the cloudy areas on glasses had also disappeared.
on 12 November 2014
Some reviewers stress the need to keep these tablets dry to prevent them dissolving prematurely but I have the opposite problem - the tablets won't dissolve properly leaving the dishes dirty and only partly washed.

I'm not sure if we have just been unlucky and this is a faulty batch but a small number of other reviewers have had the same problem and if the tablets don't work then they only get 1 star.

Will take them back to Tesco where we bought them and ask for a refund.
review image review image review image
44 Comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 October 2015
Here's my nearly new high quality Zepter pan after Finish Quantum Max had a go at it. Judge for yourselves.
review image
VINE VOICEon 16 January 2014
Finish is my brand of choice for dishwasher tablets. I always get these or the All in Ones, depending on the best price I can find at the time. Amazon are usually cheaper, especially with their subscribe and save system.

Now, the tablet itself. The first time I used these I wondered how to get the wrapper off the tablet - the misses thought it was hilarious, as it is fairly obvious they don't have wrappers. At first this appears to be a good thing but be aware that if you have a super quick wash like we do on our dishwasher you may sometimes find the tablet hasn't fully dissolved. For quick washes I usually use the All in One version.

For longer washes though the results are outstanding. The shine is very clear to see even on old glasses. We don't get glasses having the clouding effect after many times in the dishwasher.

For tough washes, like hardened casserole, these make light work of it. Granted the dishwasher has to be put on a higher setting but it saves all the scrubbing.

At the right price these are my first choice but I will settle for the All in One version if I can't find any offers on these, or Amazon are out of stock.
on 1 March 2014
As of today not one single good review... the way it has been listed the reviews show for all the different "flavours" (Amazon wording - not mine!). Check back at the reviews and look specifically at the orange text saying: "This review is from" and you will it says Lemon for example.

I too like you and every other review have had no problems at all with all the Finish Quantum tablets in ALL "flavours", bar this new one. I have found that the tablets do not dissolve properly, leave an invisible film on everything that once wet turns slippery. On plastic leaves small ring marks like bubbles? Every single wash so far has failed an resulted in me having to rewash everything with a normal Quantum tablet instead. I have a baby and will not risk the slippery layer as something that should be consumed by a baby, or even me! DONT BUY POWER AND PURE!
on 11 December 2016
Finish seems to be the only good dishwasher tablet in our household its just a real shame that they are so expensive to buy. However as the saying goes, you get what you pay for! And it certainly is the case with Finish.
VINE VOICEon 16 December 2013
Flavour: Lemon Sparkle|Size: 2 x 40 (80 tablets)|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was pretty impressed with this product. It definitely left the plates clean and they were noticeably shiny, though I did wonder how they were quite as shiny as they were - I hope it doesn't leave some kind of chemical coating on them - though to be fair I couldn't feel any sort of film or stickiness so I assume not.

I tried them at a lower temperature and was even more impressed as everything seemed just as clean, so using these I suspect I could get away with using a cheaper-to-run dishwasher program in future, which might balance out the price of them.

Not having to unwrap them is nice though you need dry hands, as any water will start to melt the tablet immediately - and you do need to protect the pack from water - to be fair they come in a resealable pack.

Never understood why you'd pick a lemon-scented dishwasher product as I can never smell any lemony smell even when I first open the dishwasher, and this product was no different - never noticed any lemony smell though the plates and dishwasher were clean and fresh.

It includes all you need in term of salt and rinse-aid, so there's nothing else to buy.

Overall they are expensive, but they are the best I have yet tried. Perhaps not quite enough to justify the price, but given they seem to work well at lower temperatures and you don't need to buy anything else, I think they are probably worth it and as they're the best ones I've yet to try, I think 5 stars is justified.

See one answered question