Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

on 2 May 2013
I gave this album a 5 star rating for the pure fact that Timbaland and Timberlake have done it again! They've managed to change the game yet again by slowing things down and leaving the terrible EDM music that haunts us on the radio. I recommend this album to people who are fed up of R&B artists selling out to dance music and want pure R&B!
on 6 July 2013
This is the best R&B CD i have bought in years.. there has been some bad 'stuff' out there these past 20 years so was delighted to hear something that I could honestly say was a delight to my ears.. sexy sexy..suit and tie even sexier...
on 15 November 2013
JT is a funny artist for me, not in terms of "Funny - Ha, Ha!" but "Funny - peculiar". He was always an artist that I didn't take particularly seriously, thanks to his boy band background, but fair's fair, he's a very talented guy and his records never fail to impress me with just how original and involving they are. I always expect not to particularly enjoy them, but their quality is undeniable and they always eventually draw me in.

This collection is no different, especially the classy "Suit and Tie", which is the standout track for me here (as is Take Back the Night on CD2). That being said, this is the kind of record that you don't seem to hear very often these days. Every track is inventive in terms of beats and grooves, which is probably due largely to Timberland's production skills, and well crafted in terms of the vocals and melodies. These are just great songs, effortlessly delivered with panache and cool style. Mr Timberlake has nothing to prove, he's just throwing grooves out there as he feels them, making records that he wants to hear regardless of market trends and the influences of artists such as Michael Jackson, Prince and Marvin Gaye are worn proudly on his sleeves.

This pt1 CD is more for the bedroom, with pt2 being aimed more at the dance floor, but neither CD is easy to pigeonhole in todays market. It's just pure pop and all the better for it.

I bought this on the back of seeing JT delivering a blistering performance at the MTV awards this year when he picked up the Video Vanguard award and I think he's one of the few artists around these days that could be considered a bona-fide superstar, up there with the Beyonce's of this world that can write, record, sing live, dance, sound original in an otherwise identi-kit market, put on an awesome show without seeming to break a sweat and still be relevant.

For me, he's the male solo artist that is still setting the bar for others to aim at and you have to respect that.
on 14 December 2013
Hub wanted this on the back of a tv ad for it. Duly went on amazon to order and selected latest album. Hub said songs weren't on it that he'd seen on telly. Oh. Apparently it's a 2 part album or one long one or whatever it is I paid a tenner for the wrong/half of an album.booooo
on 27 April 2013
I got this for my daughters birthday as shes a JT fan but having listening to it a couple of times it certainly has'nt grown on her. The songs are on for a long time and some of them sound similiar. Shame.
on 17 July 2013
I am a huge fan of Justin Timberlake and was so excited when he announced he was bringing a new album out.
There are some great songs on the album such as Mirrors, Tunnel Vision and Suit & Tie, the problem I have with it is that the songs are too long. I really like the beat and the collaboration with Timbaland in Don't Hold the Wall but I can hardly ever get through the whole track before skipping to the next one as the song drags on for too long.
Overall I do enjoy listening to the album but would have preferred for JT to release more edited versions of the songs.
on 28 May 2013
Suit & Tie and Mirror are the only good tracks for me - really disappointed with this album compared to Justin's early stuff. It's already gone into the CD cupboard, probably never to be played again!
on 5 May 2014
Nope - quite happy to let people know I'd bought the album. I leant it to a sceptical friend who asked the above question, then she returned the CD a couple of weeks later shamefacedly admitting she'd really enjoyed it too. Some great tracks on here.
I freely admit I'm probably not the target demographic for Justin's record label, however after hearing Mirror and being blown away by just how brilliant the song is, I figured I would treat myself to the album

I should have just bought the single

The songs are utterly interchangeable, all slow r&b style. Even one song which sets JT up with a band as if they are in some New Orleans speakeasy starts well and then just dives into the same beat and sound as almost every other song

Oh and the lyrics! Lordy me! He either wants to get the girl, he's got the girl, he wants to marry the girl (before you even take your dress off) or he regrets leaving the girl
Call me cynical but I don't think Ol' Justin has that much trouble getting the girl! The lyrics are banal and drivel

Maybe I was expecting too much, I was hoping for a decent pop album, something with at least a couple of stand out tracks however there really aren't any except Mirror which doesn't just stand alone, is more in a league of its own
on 14 June 2013
I purchased this for the wife, she mentioned two of the tracks and said she would like the album. I myself did not enjoy this very much at all. His original album had 'Cry me a river' and that was one of those tracks that hooks into your mind. This album has nothing of any real note that would make me buy my own copy. As a singer ... Justin is quite a good actor ....