on 15 August 2017
Good product works well
on 24 September 2015
Excellent product
on 17 August 2015
Amazing! arrived quickly and smells lovely
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 23 May 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Easy to assemble (the aerosol can fits into the very pink cleaning head) and equally simple to operate, this is really a means of effectively applying the familiar Vanish cleaning foam to a reasonably large area. The bristles encourage the penetration of the foam into the carpet and also remove some physical dirt.

The foam itself is as good as Vanish always is. We always have a can available for emergency spot cleaning and this kit will allow the removal of a certain degree of dirt to a larger area.

It will certainly not re-life a carpet or be as effective as a Vax or similar powered cleaner but this is an inexpensive means of removing light soiling. Just be aware that you should have enough to complete a large enough area to avoid a demarcation line between leaned/ dirty areas.
on 23 May 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I really didn't expect much from this product and was simply gobsmacked at how effective it was.
I requested it because I have a pure wool rug that I have been trying to get cleaned locally for over year. Everyone I have asked has done that sucking-in-air-over-their-teeth thing and then quoted a price that was more than the rug cost when I bought it.

It's not a particularly special piece - I'm just fond of it and it was filthy. When I saw this advertised I thought "Sod it - I'm just going to have a go myself" and I did. I cleaned it in two halves and I've uploaded a photo to show the difference that just one application made. I eventually gave it two applications all over and 3 on some of the stains - but I do stress it was filthy - the original warm brown beige of the background had turned a grubby grey. I estimate that there is enough foam left to do several other rugs or my lounge carpet.

The brush thing clipped together easily and worked perfectly. it IS really important to shake it well before you use it though. (I forgot once - it makes a mess).

Just a tip - Personally I found that depressing the trigger as I pulled the brush back towards me and then rubbing the foam into the carpet on the forwards stroke worked best for me.

Also one astonishing thing was how good the brush was - i removed a LOAD and really I mean a lot of cat hair form the brush each time I cleaned it and my cat has been dead for 8 years now - which I expect means I need to replace my vacuum cleaner - but it was impressive how deep the brush got into the pile.

I recommend it highly
review image
VINE VOICEon 14 May 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This cleaning kit comes with the cleaning powder and a brush. The brush when put together is a little small for a very tall person perhaps but it was just the right height for me (5ft 10). The powder cleans small areas of carpet really well. I have used it on the satirs and in hall area. Would struggle in a very large room.

Carpet cleans well stains gone.

Impressed.
VINE VOICEon 16 May 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Excellent for heavy traffic use on our cream carpet which was looking fairly grubby - it was astonishing the difference before and after. It does take a bit of elbow grease and it's tiring - but the end result is very good. A great pack because it contains everything you need - no extra equipment required.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 13 May 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
You would be forgiven for thinking this was a rubbish item as the brush, when fully assembled, looks and feels flimsy and cheap. However, this isn't meant to brush the entire households' carpets, but for smaller areas of high traffic eg steps 1 and 2 of the stairs, the bit of carpet right in front of the main house door etc. The problem is that it cleans so well, that the rest of the carpet starts to look a bit dirtier than before and you quickly fall into the trap of wanting to clean a bit more, then a bit more until you run out of product.

It would also be good to keep for when you have occasional mishaps or when someone walks in with shoes covered in wet mud or something that should have been picked up by a responsible dog owner!

The diagram on the box would suggest that you just push the brush forward and leave a nice clean carpet behind you - a little misleading. Firstly you need to give the can a good shake, then work in the foam, leave to dry and vacuum up. It is mainly for soiled carpets, if the carpet is stained (especialy if it is an old dried stain), then this may not get it out completely and you may need other Vanish products.

I have a light carpet that is 18 months old and was starting to show a dark area around the front door, this cleaned the carpet up nicely. I recommended this to a relative with a much older carpet and whilst this cleaned the front door area, it then showed-up the rest of the carpet as being slightly soiled too. That being said, it won't be long before its blends in!

In all it is a good product to have, but if your carpet is generally soiled throughout and likely to show up when you have cleaned a small area, you just may be better off renting a carpet cleaner from the local supermarket and doing to whole carpet.
22 Comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 13 May 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This gizmo really needs two separate reviews - one for the mousse cleaner, which is a great product, and one I've used for years, and another for the delivery system, which is a bit of a disaster if I'm really honest.

First the mousse. This works best on fresh stains, and if applied immediately will lift pretty much anything. And I do mean anything. I've successfully got rid of human vomit, ink, cat sick and red wine (an entire bottle of the latter) by applying to the stain with paper towels, working in carefully, then vacuuming the area when dry. The product also works on older stains, though not nearly as effectively, and ideally you should wet them first. You do see some very minor colour loss in your carpet sometimes, but obviously it's preferable to pussy vom, so no big deal really.

Now onto the 'easy clean' (snigger) system. This consists of a self-assembly pole and brush head, into which the foam cannister plugs so you can release cleaning product as you scrub, and without having to bend down. I loved the idea of the brush, because my paper towels, though effective, do tend to disintegrate pretty easily when working on a stain. Putting the pole together wasn't exactly Krypton factor difficulty - though the instructions were wrong - I had no blue handle on mine. But when it came to trying to insert the foam cannister I was completely stumped. You're supposed to take the lid off - mine wouldn't budge and I ended up accidentally pressing the centre button and covering myself in foam. Furthermore, the instructions on the can differed from those on the box and showed the mousse being applied by spraying directly onto the carpet, with instructions to work in with a brush or cloth afterwards. I did spray the foam manually so I could try the brush with it, but the nozzle seemed faulty and I covered a huge area unintentionally - more like a fire extinguisher than a cleaning product. This might sound amusing, but the spray field was wide enough that I accidentally foamed an electric device and cable on the hall floor, and narrowly missed my trainers and handbag - and I'm pretty sure leather doesn't benefit a whole lot from Vanish.

In summary. mousse = mighty, pole = pants.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 3 May 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have recently moved into a house with cream carpets which mark easily in areas of high wear e.g. just in front of the sofas, between kitchen & sitting room. As the product description mentions hallways, staircases and doorways I was expecting to see a worthwhile improvement. There are two types of carpet in our house. There was greater evidence of cleaning on the hall carpet - a wool carpet with a textured finish a bit like sisal, although I was a little wary of using the brush too vigorously for fear it would damage the texture. There wasn't a great deal of improvement on the other carpet - a thick pile pure wool carpet.

First the good things: somewhat surprisingly, given that the tubes are very slim, the handle fits together very well and feels secure. The trigger to dispense the foam is properly responsive too although no matter how brief the press on the trigger, the amount of foam produced was always far more than I needed and half of it ended up on top of the brush. It is rather annoying that you have to detach the cleaner bottle from the unit occasionally to shake the bottle. I did wonder whether it might be just as easy to use the foam without the brush part, using a small brush separately.

The major issue for me, though, is the foam which doesn't seem capable of completely shifting even light staining. This rather surprised me as, although I have never used Vanish carpet cleaner before, I have a battalion of other Vanish products which all work. I had hoped that this machine would mean I would have to get out my Vax cleaner less frequently but it is not to be. This product can cope with light staining but isn't suitable for deep cleaning and is certainly no substitute for a professional clean.