on 23 June 2013
I think this band has a special sound all of their own, I would say its a type of soulful country style with a beautiful voice making the lyrics wash all over you. There are not many bands that I like on the first listen but these are an exception to that, and I will be buying their album. to sum up this track its absolutely magical and beautiful.
on 27 July 2013
Paper aeroplanes are such a good band, I was lucky enough to see them live recently and Sarah Howells voice is absolutely spine tinglingly beautiful. So much better than most hugely commercially successful bands it doesn't seem fair. Check them out, and their album 'the day we ran into the sea' is equally brilliant.
on 18 June 2013
I really enjoy an acoustic-guitar-and-female-vocal set-up - I've been the guitar player in a few of those. And judging by this song alone, these guys are excellent exponents of the format. Folky and young, and a voice that just draws you in. Lovely stuff.
on 29 May 2013
Soothing and Haunting at the same time. Beautiful vocals and the music compliments them beautifull y. Really worth a buy.
on 10 August 2013
I downloaded the free track - was immediately captivated and needed to hear more. I tried out a few of the previews on the album and decided - yes I need this music.

Fabulous song from a fabulous album, lyrics are very evocative and the music is varied but always gentle.
on 14 August 2013
The haunting melody of this song grows on you every time it's played. I'm not normally a fan of this kind of music as it's a bit too county for me but I like this track so I may well listen to more Paper Aeroplanes
on 7 August 2014
A wounded sounding female vocalist with husky, brittle tones - great. Simple musical arrangements of a triphoppy beat with folky overtones like acoustic guitars - very engaging. I would give this five but the lyrics aren't as strong as their delivery, occasionally they're a bit limp or uninspired.

Based on this song I do intend to check out any albums from 'Paper aeroplanes'.
I'd never heard of this band. Maybe I missed them on Jools Holland's show; and if they weren't ever on there, they should be. They are doing something sweet-sounding, catchy and original. Their combination of folksy rhythms and hypnotic vocals sets them apart from the bunch, though the harmonies sometimes swamp the lead vocals. It's a free download so there's no obstacle to giving the band a listen.
on 30 June 2014
This was a free download from amazon. Listening to it now as I write, the song opens (and closes) with beautiful acoustic guitar and as the song plays out, its strong and catchy sound builds beautifully. "Red Rover" is one of eleven tracks on the album "Little Letters".
on 30 March 2014
I had heard the name and a sample and liked it, but the album is far superior to many other I have heard, and is certainly in the upper leagues of the music I have.
I am looking forward to see this band at folk by the oak, its just a shame they are not on the main stage, where they deserve to be.