Customer reviews

Biona Organic Light Agave Syrup 500 ml
Size: 500ml|Change

on 7 March 2016
This is OK and is exactly as advertised.
However, I am disappointed it is not as 'healthy' a sweetener as I supposed.
Having just read: The Science of Skinny: Start Understanding Your Body's Chemistry - and Stop Dieting Forever I have realised that not all Agave syrup is 'created' equal and that this MAY not be as wholesome as the product packaging suggests - it all depends on the way it is processed & which part of the plant is used etc - even though it is organic.
I generally trust Biona, so anyone concerned about this could of course ask them direct and all MAY be well BUT...
I won't be buying again.
I will be sticking with Organic Maple Syrup and Organic Date Syrup in future.
Both of those taste better too (to me) so even at that more simplistic level, I won't be looking in the 'Agave' direction again.
on 3 June 2014
An excellent product for sweetening without the rush of refined sugar. As a vegan, I have happily been buying up cookery books on Kindle and found this ingredient appearing frequently. I tried it in several of the dishes and found it a very efficient sweetener - in fact I rarely need the amount stated! I prefer the texture and flavour to that of rice syrup in desserts and ice 'cream'.
Easy to use squeezy bottle, which makes dispensing the correct amount so easy. Makes the best Orange Pekoe sweet tea ever! (And vegan French toast, and rice pudding....)
The proof is in the purchase - I am now buying the larger bottle and considering the monthly option.
on 13 March 2015
As a new follower of the GL diet with Patrick Holford's books, I was pointed in the direction of Agave syrup to add sweetness to things instead of sugar or other high sucrose containing alternatives. I don't know whether the health claims are merited but I was keen to give it a try. I had never tried it before, but I must say I'm impressed with the flavour, and that you don't need much of it to really sweeten any dish up. I use it with my porridge every morning instead of Golden Syrup and find it only needs a small squeeze of Agave to do the same job as the raw sugars. The container is easy to squeeze and it seems to keep well.

I will be using this from now on to add sweetness into my life in a supposedly healthier way.
on 12 April 2016
I decided to buy after reading “Skinny Bitches”. The author talk about unhealthiness of processed white sugar and corn syrups and i wonted do give a try to alternatives, even if in internet I have found many conflicting reviews.
I still have not reached any real kind of conclusion, but knowing that Agave is a low GI (low-glycemic) sweetener, i will keep using it, even if the taste for me is still very sweet ( you will possibly spend some time to find the right amount to be put in coffee/tea).

Anyway, i like the taste so far, i did take some time to "train" my taste but so far, so good!
on 29 October 2015
Have been buying this for a few years now and is one of the best value in this size , with a good consistency , not too runny and doesnt require refrrigeration so keeps well in a cupboard . I use this instead of sugar , honey etc in my wholefood recies , to make beautiful healthy hot chocolate ( 1tbs agave , 2 tsp cacoa , 1 tsp almond butter and fill up cup with almond milk - microwave 2 mins ) , great on fruit , in yogurt , on pancakes , in soup - the list is endless ! Good for your body (especially if menopausal like me !! ) and stops sugar or insulin spikes so better for diabetics too . Recommended sugar replacement for everyday use and in cooking , buy this every month on subscription which makes it even more economical as it attracts a discount .
on 16 September 2016
It tastes great, but I was trying to use it for home made chocolate and this syrup didn't dissolve propery ( I have melted it for the second time, mixed thoroughly, but no luck) So great product for adding to my porridge, but won't be using for chocolate making.
review image
on 14 August 2015
very good, i really love this, but the price seems a bit high to use everyday, it goes quick. haha. so i bought the bigger bottle else where now at around £8. it all seems good and similar.. better than using sugar according to science research? hope so..
on 6 August 2017
This stuff is amazing My breakfast is lovely also used it for cooking and its paying off my new sugar-free diet is helping my stomach pains enormously
on 5 August 2016
Too expensive for Agave to use in cooking as i use large amounts for cooking, much cheaper if you shop around as i found this to be the case in supermarkets.....
on 6 June 2017
Very good as a natural sweetener.