Top critical review
2 people found this helpful
Good game but quite a lot of flaws
on 27 May 2014
This review by me is going to be on the game play and the additions within career mode as it is enjoyable and frustrating with a fair few flaws to go with it.
- The replays look a lot better now you get different angles and you can see the grass being kicked up off the pitch.
- If you play at Old Trafford, Emirates etc you can see the whole stadium along with the car parks etc.
- Quite cool now you can change the formations of your team by moving the right analogue stick on the team management screen (on the pause menu).
- Jeff Sterling now talks when the players are coming out.
- Majority of the time the computer teams get free kicks or penalties even if you win the ball.
- The commentary is the same bs and talk about players starting in the match even if they are suspended or injured.
- How the commentators mention a player has gone and that they need to bring in somebody quickly even though it isn't the transfer window.
- Through balls and shots are over powered.
- Too easy to score from corners for the user and computer.
- Players not reacting to the command you do on the controller.
- Happened only a few times but players (for user and computer) turn their back to the opposing player who is running through on goal to just then turn around (my keeper scored from his goal by booting the ball up the field that he back got from my defender).
- When the commentators mention players being on the transfer list but not in that position (they mentioned Schuller who was on the transfer list and is a midfielder but said he is a goalkeeper).
- When commentators mention about a key goal scorer is out injured or suspended even though they aren't an attacker.
I know they work extremely hard to create a game but surely the obvious mistakes they made would of been corrected by now as it is not only Fifa 14 but previous Fifas have had the same issues (all or some of them).
That is why my rating is 3 star.