Customer reviews

Platform: Xbox One|Edition: Standard Edition|Change

on 5 July 2017
bought for my son he luvs this game
on 17 May 2017
Product was as described
on 5 October 2016
great quality product
on 27 May 2014
This review by me is going to be on the game play and the additions within career mode as it is enjoyable and frustrating with a fair few flaws to go with it.

Pros:

- The replays look a lot better now you get different angles and you can see the grass being kicked up off the pitch.
- If you play at Old Trafford, Emirates etc you can see the whole stadium along with the car parks etc.
- Quite cool now you can change the formations of your team by moving the right analogue stick on the team management screen (on the pause menu).
- Jeff Sterling now talks when the players are coming out.

Cons:

- Majority of the time the computer teams get free kicks or penalties even if you win the ball.
- The commentary is the same bs and talk about players starting in the match even if they are suspended or injured.
- How the commentators mention a player has gone and that they need to bring in somebody quickly even though it isn't the transfer window.
- Through balls and shots are over powered.
- Too easy to score from corners for the user and computer.
- Players not reacting to the command you do on the controller.
- Happened only a few times but players (for user and computer) turn their back to the opposing player who is running through on goal to just then turn around (my keeper scored from his goal by booting the ball up the field that he back got from my defender).
- When the commentators mention players being on the transfer list but not in that position (they mentioned Schuller who was on the transfer list and is a midfielder but said he is a goalkeeper).
- When commentators mention about a key goal scorer is out injured or suspended even though they aren't an attacker.

I know they work extremely hard to create a game but surely the obvious mistakes they made would of been corrected by now as it is not only Fifa 14 but previous Fifas have had the same issues (all or some of them).

That is why my rating is 3 star.
on 15 December 2015
Based on reviews that I've read of Fifa 16 it's not worth the current asking price. Based on personal experience playing Fifa 15 it's not worth a penny. I'm glad this game is available on next gen consoles because without it, well.. lets not imagine that shall we.

I purchased this (from game for under £5 preowned) in the hope that it would be better or at least more playable than Fifa 15, it is, defiantly.

There's no point in me commenting on what could be changed, what's good and what isn't etc. as it's not exactly the newest game on the block anymore, what I can say for definite is that if you're in the market for Fifa on the next gen consoles stick with this and ignore 15 / 16 and save yourself the time, money and bad taste in your mouth (so to speak) and invest in a title that is playable and enjoyable. Think of this game as you will as the last of its kind.. well, that is until EA can get it right on the next gen and produce something worth playing and paying £40-50 for, not that I personally think any modern game is worth that amount of money but there's no way around it, hey ho.. onwards and upwards.

I only play career mode and have enjoyed every game I've played thus far. CPU feels like an actual opponent with no two games feeling the same, tacking is good, gameplay is balanced, passing is good, goals feel like you have to work for them and I've had moments of "aah so close" and all the other dramatic phrases you shout out when you're in the moment and enjoying the game.

Glad I made the purchase and is currently my most go to game to play.

I'd advise to stop reading reviews and go and purchase your copy, at sub £5 the amount of enjoyment for your money is endless. Enjoy.
on 21 February 2014
I've been a fan of FIFA for years but my patience is wearing a bit thin with this one.

The graphics are great but the gameplay is awful. Seriously for all the years they've been developing this , I can't believe this is the best they can come up with. It's lack of realism in some fundamental aspects of the game makes it immensely frustrating to play. It's just nowhere near right in some major aspects of the game.

The main problems are:

1. Your players are ponderously slow while the AI players run rings around you.
2. Automatic player switching is extremely dubious in defence and even attack sometimes
3. Automatic pass selection is woeful (have these people ever played the game?)
4. The ball seems to bounce off you but stick like glue to the AI players - meaning that when you make an interception, the ball ends up back with the opposition more often than not
5. AI passing is ridiculously accurate - even for an under-pressure clearance from inside their own area it will ALWAYS end up with one of their players

All of which leaves me rather disappointed it has to be said. I don't think I'll be shelling out any more hard-earned for another dose of this
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 November 2013
So I didn't buy FIFA 14 directly from Amazon, but I got it with the XBOX ONE Day One Edition in GAME. I have to say I was expecting the same old FIFA, exactly the same as last year apart from new kits and squad updates. Well how wrong I was! First thing I noticed was the animations at the start before every match, it shows the stadium, and for me that's usually the Etihad considering I'm a Man City fan. I have to admit it looks beautiful. Okay, so I started the match, and immediately I could tell that the player movement is dramatically better than the 360 version. Everything seems more realistic and fluid. Then, once I'd scored my first goal I realised that EA had finally put some thought into IMPROVING their annual title. Slow-motion replays. If you don't skip them, there's usually four different angles of the goal, which to me replicates watching real life football matches. I read somewhere that there's supposedly 10 times the amount of animations on the new engine compared to the 360, PS3, etc. Pretty impressive, but something you'd expect when you pay £429 for a new console. And the 3D fans... EA could've done this in FIFA 2004 if they'd wanted to, let's be honest. But at least they look like real people rather than pointless cardboard cutouts. Finally, I like the new menu title look, it kind of glues to the XBOX ONE tile menu style, which in my opinion looks pretty swish.

Okay, all the pros explained, now for the cons, and there aren't many.

- Sometimes during the animations the players move a bit robot-like. It does seem a bit odd, but I guess you can't have everything.

- More than usual, the offside rule seems to be even tighter than last year's edition. It seems liek every blimmin' attack end up with the ball in a great position to slot it into the back of the net, only for the whistle to blow. Slightly irritating.

- Commentators their same boring selves. I was hoping they'd refresh the commentary for the next-gen game, unfortunately not. So I'm still stuck with Martin Tyler and the forever-annoying Geoff Shreeves pointlessly informing me that my player has broken his leg but is able to carry on. (Okay, a bit of an exaggeration but you get the idea, I hope)

And that's it really, I can safely say that I'm happy FIFA came with the XBOX ONE, and even if it hadn't I probably would've bought it anyway. FIFA 14 on 360 < FIFA 14 on XBOX ONE
on 27 May 2014
I recently bought an xbox one having had a 360 for over 5 years and thought I would upgrade my copy of fifa to the xbox one version, oh how I wish I didnt make that decision.

First of all the gameplay is rediculously harder than the 360 version even on semi pro, the keepers have become super human. Midfield play is very congested and very scrappy, its harder to take on players and sprinters when in on goal always seem to be out paced by a slow centre back. The play is very frustrating and gave me memories of fifa 2004 which was unplayable.

The main menus and screens are ok, the game has had a next gen makeover.

Fifa ultimate team is where a lot of people will be heading towards and it is woefully bad, very rarely get games and several of my friends accounts have not transferred over resulting in frustration and hard earned players going to waste.

if you have your Kinect working be careful playing online, any profanity results in a yellow card.

Considering i am writing this review in May, if I could go back with hindsight I would never had bought this game, it feels rushed and I feel cheated, the games updates have not won me over, the 360 version is much better. You are better off waiting till September for Fifa 15, hopefully being a more settled version on the new next gen console.

Summary

Positive
Graphics are great (during replays/player reactions only)
Career mode is great fun, gives you a lot to keep you busy for 15 seasons.
Physics are more realistic.

Negatives
Poor gameplay
Unrealistic differences between difficulties
Online connectivity
Not worth the £40 price
Frustrating defending and keepers.
Multiplayer games are very scrappy and unforgiving.

It gets 2 stars for graphics and looks, but the whole game has seriously let me down.
on 28 April 2014
Don't really understand the ciritical reviews. Have been playing for a couple of days and can't put it down. Massive improvement on the graphics. Smooth gameplay and great aminmations. Worth a buy in my opinion.
on 7 June 2014
A big step up from Xbox 360 version, the players don't seem as robotic, and the graphics are absolutely amazing, great game and I can't wait for fifa 15

See one answered question