2,598
Format: Baby Product|Change

I am very fortunate my son has always been a good sleeper, he settles himself in his cot and falls asleep quite quickly. Once the nights started to become lighter, he was restless once put down at 7pm and became frustrated and not to mention over tired. A friend suggested a black out blind and after a quick search, I found the Gro anywhere black out blind. I have a few Gro products so did not hesitate to purchase this blind as it is a brand I trust.

The blind arrives in a travel bag for easy storage/transport when not in use. The blind measures 198 x 130cm but can be reduced in size to fit a smaller window by the Velcro tabs, as detailed in the attached photo. The blind is fairly thick and reduces the light dramatically. The star design is subtle and not too visible when in use. The suction cups can at times can fall down if they are not pushed firmly against the glass, providing they are slightly moist and fixed firmly against the flat glass you will not have a issues in my experience.

As you can see from the before and after photographs, my sons room is very bright at his bedtime. Once the blind is up, his room is extremely dark ... I had the landing light on so there was sufficient light to make the window visible. :)

I highly recommend this blind, it really does black out most unwanted light meaning you can have a restful night without the sun disturbing your sleep.

I hope this review was helpful.
review image review image review image
0Comment| 199 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 June 2016
We have now bought two of these blinds, which are great for in the house blocking out windows. However what is truly great about these are the flexibility of movement, so every hotel or holiday home we stay in our son can have a dark room, and we can hope to sleep to a semi-decent hour.... maybe 6?!
on 18 July 2010
I have to admit I am a big fan of Blackout blinds. I know, it sounds sad, but when you love sleep as much as I do, they can be your best friend. My lovely daughter has had both a blackout blind and blackout linings on her bedroom curtains since she was born, and I'm convinced thay have contributed to her having a great sleep pattern. There has always been a problem however when we go away, or if she sleeps at her grand parents, where she will awake at some ungodly hour and then be very sad and grumpy by mid afternoon. After several years of draping duvets, towels, coats and more recently a flattened out cardboard box over various windows to little avail, I finally decided enough was enough. I hoped I had struck gold with the " Gro Anywhere Blind" , and thank goodness, it appears I have. I was already a fan of the wonderful Gro bags, and was therefore keen to try their blackout blind. So far it has been used at both sets of grandparents, in a caravan and at friends houses, on windows of varying shapes and sizes. It has been easy to fit and easy to repack. Yes some of the suckers have been mis-shapen after unpacking, but after following the instructions as to what to do about this ( included with the blind) I had no problem. Yes there are cracks of light that get through, but in all honesty, unless you were to fit chemical darkroom type blinds with tracks, I'm not really sure that anything will ever provide 100 per cent black out.Put it this way, this weekend we visited my Mother in Law. My daughter slept in her lovely darkened room until 8:30 am, whilst my husband and I were both awake by 5:00 am , light streaming through the bedroom window, and with no hope of getting back to sleep. We will be back to stay with mum in law again next month, and guess what I will be buying before then? Yes, a second Gro Anywhere Blind, so that my husband and I are not the ones who are sad and grumpy by mid afternoon! Well Done Gro Bag for a fantastic product, and Well Done Amazon for fast delivery and great service as usual.
55 comments| 155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 July 2016
There seems to be such a strange mixture of reviews for this product - some find it works wonderfully, others say it doesn't stick at all. I took the risk .... and found it didn't stick. It's nice material, and seems nicely enough made, but it doesn't appear to do the job it is designed for, so ... I would not advise you to buy.
on 9 June 2014
Literally won't stick on the window for more than 5 minutes. Suction cups simply don't work, it's almost as if the blind is too heavy for the suction cups. Fails entirely at what it is designed to do.
on 30 March 2015
So disappointed in this blind. I ordered this because I purchased one of these four years ago when my daughter was born and since it was that good I decided to order another one as the suckers were starting to fail. After four years I can deal with that. What I shouldn't have done is thrown it out! This new one is terrible to the point that we have a battle with it every night to keep it on the window. The material feels thinner as well and I've got to say that it's a 50% chance that the blind has fallen off during the night. Absolute rubbish
on 9 July 2009
This is one of those products which is so simple yet effective you wonder why didn't anyone think of it sooner! Originally called Baa-Baa Blackout Blind, the Gro company (the geniuses who brought us baby sleeping bags) have bought the rights and made a few improvements too. The blind is supplied in it's own travel bag, and ready to use straight away as the suckers are already attached. Each side is adjustable to fit (using elasticated waistband thingys you sometimes get on kids trousers). You just press the suckers onto the glass, adjust the edges a bit and... instant darkness! (or pretty damn close) We took this on holiday with us and it worked a treat. Never again do we have to precariously hang blankets or towels over the window. Or endure kids waking up at 5am due to the light streaming in to their rooms! Not just for hols though, we use for sleepovers at granny's and now even at home. Worth every penny. If you want an easier bedtime, and an extra hour or two in bed in the morning (who doesn't?), buy one!
33 comments| 152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 April 2016
We bought this for our daughter to help her sleep in the spring-summer due to the light evenings. The window in her room is quite small but we managed to adapt the blinds quickly and easily and it kept out the light very well. The suction hooks helps to create a tight fit agaisnt the window. The velcro helped us to adapt the size. Very impressed with this product. Value for money!
review image review image
on 6 November 2015
I have three of these. For travelling and domestic use. I find that I need my room to be completely dark in order to get a good night sleep. Used on their own they do not block out 100% of the light no matter how hard you try. Used in conjunction with curtains and you are pretty much there. They do take a bit of fiddling to get right and sometimes the suckers become unstuck. Overall though I am extremely happy with this product especially as I bought it when it was reduced.
review image
on 1 June 2013
I've purchased the two previous versions of this and it was time to buy another - there are many different blackout blinds out there but the Gro Anywhere brand are by far the best I've ever used.

The blind is stuck onto the window (or frame if your frame is wide enough and made of plastic or metal) with a variety of well placed suction cups. It adjusts to the most difficult of windows - I even use one on a velux roof window. It arrives packaged in it's carry bag and is very easy to re-pack when needed.

For those travelling to friends or family with a little one, or for those who like to get their head down before the sun does - this product turns day into night in seconds. I've never experienced a problem with the suction cups - they do work best though when slightly damp (just a dab of water), due to the layout of the suction cups, there is an outer edge outside of the cups which helps eliminate any light coming in the top, bottom or sides.

I now use one of these whenever I travel (I travel overseas a lot!), it means I can get a decent sleep whilst my body clock adjusts and it's small size makes it easy to fit in an overnight bag or suitcase.

I wouldn't be without one (or now 3!) of these!