Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

Style: DVD Player|Change

on 18 December 2015
The Best Little dvd player i have ever purchased.I admit i was a little Dubious when buying this dvd player.But i needed something small and cheap to put in the boys room for playing their assorted dvds.So i took the chance.It has not stopped playing since.Startup is quick,about 5-10 seconds.Picture resolution is really Excellent.Sound is also excellent.The last dvd player sent a poor sound quality through the tv.Im using the same scart leads,Yet the quality all round is far Superior.Its compact,so very handy in small spaces.It also looks surprisingly well made and nicely designed.It has great replay,save the last dvd play times etc features.fast forward,reverse,etc,etc,Excellent value for money.Plus it's a sony.So hopefully it will take a lot of beating,hard work etc.(young boys room)nd i will get a few years from it.Excellent 5***********
on 12 October 2013
Bought for my mum who needed a simple but reliable DVD player. Small compact and perfectly adequate and great price.
0Comment| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 July 2013
This is a good basic machine,small and light.
I was surprised that even after taking a dvd out and putting it back in the next day it will continue playing from where it left off!!
Thats great for watching the rest of the disc but I found this a bit annoying after awhile until I realised that to get it back to the beginning just press the stop button twice.
Be warned though this is region 2 only.....I've looked everywhere on the web and this model is unhackable.
I thought I would find a code as I did for my Toshiba player but there isn't any:(

It's my fault for not spending the extra £10 and getting the multi region model.

Here is the amazon link for the multi region one which as of July 30th 2013 is £36.99

Sony DVPSR170 DVD Player MultiRegion

Hope that helps.
88 Comments| 216 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 July 2015
Had this DVD player for 6 months and it has packed in on us. It stated with skipping during a film or freezing for a few minutes, now it tells us that the disc cannot play because it is dirty, we have tried several discs, some brand new and non will work.
66 Comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 February 2015
This is the noisiest dvd player I have ever had.

I know you 'get what you pay for' and this is a cheap dvd player, but the motor is far too noisy. I have returned it and will choose a different one.
11 Comment| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 July 2013
Fast delivery, excellent DVD player with a great picture and lots of different features. Would definitely recommend - a really good buy!
on 21 June 2013
Excellent budget machine. No frills and quite tiny too, so suitable for a bedroom to add to an existing TV. Recommended!
on 5 December 2014
Brilliant little machine.
I have only had it for a couple of days but so far have watched part of a region 2 box set, played a music CD, watched photographs burned on to a DVD-R and watched a DVD RW disc on to which I burned a project which showed photographs with transitions and music added to it.
The biggest bonus of all is being able to put the DVD in and start from where it left off. My old player did not do this and it was a pain trying to remember where I left off. For £25 it does all the basic functions I need. OK, so no multi region playback but that I can live without as the player is only used occasionally - and it is small and compact. Recommend it highly.
on 8 November 2016
This is a really good DVD player for the money; I haven't had any problems with it. It plays audio CDs too which is really handy for me as it saved me buying a separate CD player to go in my room, although I won't try to claim that the audio quality is top notch because now and again it does seem to waver just a little. That may be because a lot of my CDs are ambient and new age in nature - probably wouldn't notice it with the likes of chart music for example. Still a good little unit that I would buy again.
on 20 December 2015
really good dvd player nice and compat and very easy to use and set up, and plays all are dvds with out any problem and has a remote control which is very handy and also can use for photos on a cd and a music cds which is brllliant, iam really happy with this purchase and I would recommend this,would buy again and it was a really good service and delivery by the seller.