Top positive review
57 people found this helpful
Solid Performer in a Sleek Body
on 19 August 2014
Even though there have been newer versions released since the TZ35, I do feel that given the price, this camera is still great workhorse producing some stunning images. Keep in mind that newer does not necessarily mean better, especially when enhancements made are the inclusion of Wi-Fi, GPS or better frames per second.
Amazon will tell you that there is a newer version of this model (TZ55) when viewing the product page. However unlike the TZ35, the TZ55 does not sport a Leica lens. (A deal breaker for me).
Short camera review:
The camera comes bundled with a USB cable, lanyard, a very basic "User Manual", a CD and a DMW-BCG10E battery. Unfortunately no separate charger is included, so unless you have a compatible one, charging is done via the camera itself.
You will need to provide your own SD card. This camera takes SD,SDHC and SDXC cards.
The TZ35 produces well exposed, vibrant and crispy colourful images. It will also do HD video in AVHD and MP4 format. The power optical image stabilisation works a treat in minimizing blur caused by camera shake. The rich featurelist means that you can get very creative. It sports 14 different artistic settings in the "Creative Control" mode. A few of these are HDR, Sepia, B&W, Toy Camera, Miniature Effect, and my favourite.. One Point Colour. This will let you chose a specific colour and the rest will be in B&W. A host of Panorama modes come in quite handy for shooting those sweeping panoramas. Other modes are: Scenery Mode, Program Mode, Custom Mode, Aperture Priority Mode, Shutter Priority Mode, Manual Exposure Mode.
○ LEICA DC lens with 20x optical zoom (35mm equivalent: 24-480mm) extendible to 40X
○ 16.1 megapixel High Sensitivity MOS sensor
○ Power OIS (Optical Image Stabiliser)
○ 3.0 inch 460k dot TFT LCD display sporting a light sensor. Very usable in bright light
○ Intelligent Auto mode (Great for novice users: just point and shoot)
○ Full 1080p HD videos in AVCHD or MP4 format
○ ISO 100-3200 (High Sensitivity mode ISO 1600-6400)
○ 3cm minimum focusing distance is good for very crisp, frame filling shots of smaller subjects
○ 5 fps full resolution continuous shooting
The TZ35 merits a well earned 5 star rating. It does what it is supposed to do, and it does it very well!
If you can live without NFC, Wi-Fi and GPS than this camera should be on your shortlist.