on 16 April 2014
Did loads of reading around before deciding on this IPS monitor, helped partly by the Warehouse deal offering one at under 90 quid (open box but monitor in perfect condition).

Looks impressive, beautiful HD picture, very customisable, and doesn't attract dust like the shiny black bezelled monitors out there (Samsung, LG, Viewsonic etc).

Oh, and for the perfect picture try the lagom.nl calibration website.

EDIT: April 2014. Developed fault after 60 days, vertical line of blue pixels appeared. Being a Warehouse deal it cannot be returned to Amazon after 30 days. The risk of buying from the Warehouse deal I guess. Hopefully AOC will help? (Will update review later)

EDIT: Two days after emailing AOC direct, was offered a brand new, next-day replacement monitor, no quibbles, with remaining 3 year warranty. Excellent and friendly service from AOC. Top marks.
22 Comments| 151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 March 2017
If you are like me and want to spend hours going through review site after review site and price checking across web for hours, then go ahead but seriously... i've done the leg work for you (trust me) and whilst my opinion is very much my own and everyone has different perceptions/expectations etc, all I can say is that this monitor is fab. Looks great, easy to set up plug and play. Works great with docking laptop. I've not been paid a penny by the seller or been asked to write this review... I just think great products at a great price deserve some decent feedback. Caveat... I have had the screen for short while so cannot speak for it's longevity just yet!
on 14 May 2017
I did a lot of research when I decided to buy an external monitor to hook up to my Macbook Pro Retina (2015) for working from home. I didn't want or need to fork out for a whole new desktop computer - so this seemed an ideal solution. I bought a Mini Display to HDMI cable and hooked it up and it worked straight away. The 21.5" display is just the right size for me, as anything bigger would look ridiculous in my smallish office. It's a lovely wide display. Picture quality is better than I was expecting for the price. I like the silver base, which added with a silver/white wireless keyboard looks great. Overall I am really happy and I can't believe I didn't create this set up sooner.
on 6 April 2017
the main reason for this monitor is to see photos close to me on my drawing board, using it as a second viewing platform.
the colours are very good even out of the box however I have made adjustments to suit my needs.
all in all very happy I chose this item, price was good also.
on 7 May 2017
I spent ages looking for a new monitor, as part of a complete refresh of my study. I work from home a lot, and needed to have a monitor that I could connect for both my work laptop and my own PC. Initially looked at BenQ as my son had picked out one for his gaming rig, and was really knocked out at the clarity and brightness of the image. As I spend a lot of time in front of a monitor, something that would minimise eyestrain was a must.

I was almost ready to plump for the BenQ when I did a final round of looking for monitors, and came across AOC. What I liked about this model was it had all the connections, a simple set of built in speakers which was on my optional requirements, and a really excellent set of reviews. I'm going to add to the applause, as its really great. Works perfectly on the DisplayPort from my work docking station, and the HDMI output from my PC. This model has 1 DisplayPort connection, 2 HDMI connections and a VGA port. I think my preference would have been to have a DVI port, but with the kit I have the monitor can handle all of these.

It's running in 1080p 60Hz for both work laptop and my PC and right now I couldn't be happier. One tiny niggle is that when using the control buttons on the underside of the front, the monitor wobbles a little on it's stand, but otherwise is pretty well perfect for what I need.
on 20 April 2017
This is an excellent monitor with great colour and clarity. The criticism of the weak stand is valid and will rock side to side when the underneath adjustment buttons are pressed upwards. But other than that the stand holds the monitor securely and for me it has been a superb and inexpensive upgrade to a 24" monitor. I can only recommend the size and quality if your are thinking of upgrading .. You will not be disappointed.
on 30 January 2016
It is a fairly IPS good monitor for the price. Nice display - I like that there is no glare on the screen from any angle. Like other reviewers the stand is a bit weak, it could be stronger. But I am going to mount it using the Vesa 75x75 mounts . Does a good job for working within Photoshop, Lightroom etc. once calibrated correctly gives nice colour reproduction. So I would recommend especially as the price is fairly reasonable.
on 30 October 2016
Works fine on HDMI but I bought to use my PC's DVI output and 6 months in it's started to make a loud popping noise and the display flicks off and then on. A quick online search suggests it's a common AOC fault. Will be passing on to someone to use and will buy a new one but not from AOC
on 4 May 2017
What a monitor wow!!. I found this monitor the best with extra features like mhl etc. The delivery came quicker and I have been using it now for the whole year. The images are sharp crispy. I will recommend this product to everyone.
on 9 October 2014
Don't but any other monitor than this!

I have tried various LED ones; edge lit, back lit and all have been poor no matter what brand, be it from Amazon or any other high street retailer.

All monitors are not the same.

The AOC is mind-blowingly GOOD!