Colour Name: Black|Style Name: for iPad mini|Change

on 6 March 2013
By Ipad keyboard standards this one is expensive, but you pay for what you get. Its compact, the same size as the Ipad Mini its self, The build quality is excellent and has the look and feel of a high class product. Like the add says its like the bit Apple forgot to ship.

The keyboard is a british layout with the £ sign and signs, unlike most other alternatives. Tons of great short cut keys, including a cool set of cut and past ones

Personally I think its a perfect addition to the ipad mini, but at £69 its going to be a big ask for most to justify
22 comments| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 June 2014
I've always had an iPad right from the the very first iteration. The thing I've struggled with most is I've never really thought they get enough use, so each time I buy a new one I have doubts as to why I'm doing it....eventually I end up buying one because they look so nice! In some respects its frustrated me because I have wanted to be productive on my iPad but never really felt that's been an option.

I've tried all sorts styluses to try and get more use from my iPad from the cheaper versions to the much more expensive versions but in the end I never felt comfortable with them and ended up back at square one just using my iPad on and off.

After returning my last stylus I started browsing and came across keyboards in the search results. Don't get me wrong I know they've been around for a while but it's never crossed my mind to buy one because in some respects I've been conditioned by Apple...what's the point in a keyboard when there's an onscreen one, surely that defeats the purpose of having an iPad?!

In the end having seen the positive reviews for this Logitech I decided I didn't have much to lose so went ahead and bought one. In a nutshell it's brilliant and has completely changed the way I use my iPad. I now feel I can get some proper work done on it. It's a strange feeling because it was so unexpected and I had little optimism!

The Logitech makes such a difference and to be honest it's kind of made my MacBook Air redundant. Of course my iPad isn't as powerful as my MacBook Air but for most of the things I do it's more than sufficient. If I need to do some real heavy lifting I turn to my Retina MacBook Pro but certainly when I'm out and about or sitting on the sofa my iPad is now always with me. The keyboard works incredibly well, there's no lag between key presses and anything appearing on the screen, the shortcuts are perfect and it feels nice and solid with plenty of battery life. The keys are closer together than a standard keyboard but it took me no longer than 5 minutes to get used to the slight change and now I can quite easily swap between my Retina MacBook Pro keyboard and the Logitech without any issues.

This is without doubt one of the best accessories I have bought for any of my devices, my iPad is getting much more use and I no longer feel guilty about having an expensive piece of kit that was infrequently used. If you're on the fence, give it a try, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Oh one last thing that really has made a difference and that's there's now no need to use the onscreen keyboard so you have much more screen real-estate and I was massively surprised what a difference that makes.
VINE VOICEon 25 July 2012
Colour Name: Black|Style Name: For iPad 2,3,4|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I got an ipad 2 for Christmas last year but never really got comfortable with the ipad keyboard. So I quickly bought myself a keyboard case which had no brand to it. It cost me about £20 and had some decent reviews.

However, I found that it would often drop the bluetooth connection and this would meannnnnnnnnnnn - exactly that, the key would get stuck and just keep typing for a good while. So it meant that take notes in a meeting was often hindered or slowed. the keys didn't have a great feel underneath but they were okay.

The Logitech keyboard is first off, of much higher quality - and you pay for it. From the finish and the feel of the keys to the fact that it doesn't drop the Bluetooth signal at all, it is great. It also has some really handy short cuts for typing on the ipad. for example, one of the Fn keys lets you select the word to the left and another a word to the right. For those who have used the ipad getting that right is a pain and this makes it much easier.

It also has a dedicated key to go back to your ipad home screen and other such handy short cuts.

If you have £70 spare then this is definitely worth purchasing and it will mean that people who use their ipad for emails will find it much MUCH easier.

In terms of it being a protective case, however, I am less certain. I think the £20 keyboard case did a much better job because the ipad clicked neatly into place with the keyboard. i.e. the keyboard covered the four corners of the ipad. this logitech keyboard doesn't. It utilises the same magnetic strip as the common ipad cover. It would obviously offer a bit more protection that the basic ipad cover but should I drop my ipad, I don't think this keyboard would provide much protection.

So if you want something protective, I would go with something else, but if you really want a great keyboard then you can't really fault this one.

Hope that helps
22 comments| 134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 June 2012
I have been using this keyboard cover for over a week now and I have to say I am seriously impressed.

I have an iPad 2 and until a week ago I thought that my apple branded smart cover was just about the most useful accessory I had - this has all changed since I started using the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover. It really is as good as it looks, it's lightweight, connects just as a smart cover would and will even wake my iPad from sleep when I open it. It came almost fully charged and simply worked straight out of the box - I found myself looking for excuses just to keep using it! The keys are very nicely spaced, there is a good selection of function keys and the travel is surprisingly long. Even my wife who touch types rated the feel of the keystroke as very good.

Usually when you read one of these reviews, the reviewer says "if I could make just one change though" - well not me, this is perfect, if Logitech change anything on this then they would merely be 'gilding the lilly'.

For those of you that are worried that It is perhaps a little expensive, I can categorically state that this is worth every last penny.

I charged this last night for the first time since its initial charge (4th October and I have been using it since 3rd June)! I think the charge would have lasted even longer if it was not for the fact that I haven't bothered to switch it off since August - it just sits in the case for my iPad permanently switched on. Still loving it!
44 comments| 154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 March 2013
Among other things, I use my iPad to connect to my office PCs while travelling, and used to find that actually doing anything other than reading emails was tedious with the on-screen keyboard.
The Logitech Ultra-thin Keyboard has changed the iPad into a completely useable remote desktop with a great battery life -- certainly better than any notebook PC currently on the market.

I can just about touch-type on the keyboard, and the key travel, though small, feels just fine in providing tactile feedback -- it feels like a proper keyboard.

I also particularly like the magnetic clip that holds the iPad upright in place on the keyboard, making the combined structure quite rigid, and you can even pick up assembly without fear of it falling apart.
When closed, the keyboard provides a rugged outer layer which slips easily in and out of my shoulder bag, and, of course, can be very simply pulled apart and put away when I want to use the iPad "au naturel".

Overall this excellent keyboard is a thoroughly essential piece of kit for anyone who uses, or wants to use, their iPad for working while travelling.
on 3 August 2014
I was really looking forward to using this product and making my iPad more functional. I had read reviews for a number of (cheaper) products and thought this would be the most worthwhile in the long term. Can't fault Amazon on their service and delivering the product on time, and the product is very stylish, but beyond that it's been a bit of a disappointment. Having initially struggled to connect the keyboard to my iPad, it worked well for about a day, and ever since I've been able to sync the keyboard and my iPad but connection gets lost within minutes. Occasionally if it is showing signs of working, it freezes and types a row of the same letter.

Having bought this about two months ago, I became frustrated with it and had a lot of work to get done so went back to using my laptop. Going back to the product more recently and trying to get some luck from it I'm still experiencing the same problems, and it has essentially been a waste of money. There's no option for me to directly contact the seller about my problems connecting, and as the returns window has expired, it seems that I'm stuck with a relatively expensive product that simply does not work.

Overall, the product looks awesome, and I may have just been the unlucky one, but I would urge caution before buying the keyboard as it has been very temperamental and there doesn't appear to be much support for customers experiencing difficulties with the product.
on 20 March 2013
The price initially put me off but if you can stomach it, it's a MUST have and I haven't stopped patting myself on the back ever since I received it.

The keyboard is small but perfectly formed. Typing on it is a real pleasure (I'm using it now) and slightly quirky. Somehow it feels big and yet it's ... well, mini. The keys are precise and perfectly engineered. Even the box it's packed in is well thought out; you'll see what I mean when you get yours, which, if you have any sense, won't be long because your Mini iPad is simply crying out for this!

You can prop your Mini iPad into the keyboard in the upright or landscape position and the 'tilt' angle' is perfect for typing or watching a movie. Your iPad slots in with a reassuring, snug fit. There are magnets in there somewhere, so don't worry about it wobbling around. It won't! In fact, it must have been an engineering feat to get the iPad to slot in to the keyboard in landscape mode as both are the same length ... yet there is no overlap. Brilliant!

When not in use, the keypad doubles as a cover and again, it's quirky how, when you offer your iPad to it, it magnetically jumps into the cover at precisely the correct position. Yes, it knows exactly where its place is so there is no juggling with it to fit before you fold it over your tablet.

The keyboard is re-chargeable via a 15" long USB cable (supplied). I charged it fully when it arrived and two weeks later, it's still going strong - it even goes into 'sleep mode' if you forget to turn it off. Oh and if you leave your iPad switched on, close the cover and it'll be switched off for you by the cover ... er ... keyboard. The thickness of both items folded flat is approximately half an inch - centimetres? ... no idea, I'm a pound shilling and pence type of chap.

If you're into looks. Either folded over or used with your iPad slotted in; it really looks the business. Very cool indeed. In fact in just two weeks, two of my friends have rushed out to buy one too. Hey Logitech, commission where it's due here please!

Niggles? None really but worth mentioning that the 'A' key is bigger than the other keys which is slightly disconcerting but you get used to it.

Be careful how you detach the cover/keyboard after you fold it back. The magnets holding it are so powerful that it's easy to think it's actually permanently 'glued' to your iPad which of course it isn't, so you could be fooled into believing it won't drop on the floor as you fold it back. Gravity WILL prevail, magnets or not, so take care not to drop it.

The 'on/off' switch is minuscule and fiddly but hey, who cares, it goes into 'sleep mode' if you forget to switch it off anyway.

It does obviously add extra weight to your iPad if you're weight conscious. In fact you'll nearly double the weight as your tablet weighs 313 grammes and this is going to add an extra 220 grammes. I actually weighed both on my franking machine (yes, I should get out more) and Royal Mail machines are certain to be accurate, our bill with them is gigantic.

I see the price of this item has risen since the launch, I got mine at pre-launch price and so I feel smugly satisfied that I got a discount - sorry ... (ha ha, I'm not really!).

Overall, I have to say that this really is a VERY, VERY well designed product. I genuinely love it.

Rating ... I'd give it ten stars if I could!
11 comment| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Since the introduction of the iPad, I have seen a dramatic change in its functionality. With a plethora of productivity apps, it has now become more than a mere tablet and can easily be used for simple content creation. For me, this includes extensive use of dropbox, pages, emails and calendar schedules (and others). As the iPad had increased in functionality, I had been searching for a keyboard for my iPad for a long time, to create a commutable tablet/laptop hybrid.

I was sceptical about this keyboard for a few reasons. 1) The high price, 2) Concerns about the keyboard toppling over(!), 3) The lack of protection on the back of the iPad (the keyboard only covers the screen area). However, the high number of positive reviews encouraged me to finally go ahead with the purchase. My worries were in vain.

I am very satisfied with the keyboard. The product looks very nice in person, clips onto the iPad (3rd gen) fine, and even wakes/sleeps the screen when opening and closing, respectively. There is a fairly strong magnetic groove in which the iPad slots; remarkably, the iPad is held very sturdily. Typing is also comfortable of the chiclet style keyboard, although it is a tad smaller. I cannot recommend this for long essays, but for on the go work (emails, messages, short blogs, etc), it is very convenient, indeed!

I cannot comment on battery life, but Logitech does claim 6 months, with 2 hours of daily usage. Charging is achieved through a mini-usb to usb cable (included), however, I have been using my Kindle charger with this just fine. A cleaning cloth is also included.

There are a few negative points I can mention. The price is very high (I paid almost £90) and construction of the device does feel very slightly sub-par. Don't get me wrong, the device feels and looks fantastic, but for the price, I would expect more. But the keyboard is very thin, displaying a nice feat of engineering.

In conclusion, with it attached to my iPad, I have created a convenient and fully functional, mini mobile laptop. I am very satisfied indeed and can whole-heartedly recommend this device, provided you are prepared to pay the premium.

PS- The iPad and keyboard went very comfortably in this Belkin case:
on 11 December 2012
Like everyone else, I bought this keyboard to make my ipad more productive. To be honest, I was thinking of selling my ipad and buying a MacBook Air becuase I study at university (OU) and travel a lot. I originally bought the ipad to help me study (reading websites, PDFs, taking notes on Evernote, writing essays), but quickly discovered that typing anything longer than a short message was ridiculusly messy and time consuming. I thought about the mac book air but realised I wouldnt be able to just pick it up, crash on the sofa while reading PDFs. Then i discovered the logitech ultra thin keyboard case and thought id give it a try. Well, it is excellent and solves all my problems. My ipad is still extremely portable and light enough, looks really slick and i can be very productive because the typing experience is excellent. The keys feel great with just the right amount of feedback. It doesnt feel cramped at all. THere are only two improvements id like to see: Firstly, id like to have a key that can do the 4 finger swipe gesture to swipe between open screens. Secondly, would be great if it protected the back and had little rubber feet to protect the actual keyboard case, but then i know these features would add weight and thickness, so it woudnt be 'ultra thin'. All in all, this keyboard is definitely worth buying if you plan to type a lot and it is so simple to carry around that your ipad wont lose its convenient portability. Finally, i didnt want the solar folio case because it is more difficult to take the ipad in and out of that case and its heavier, so what makes the ipad special is lost. But with this ultra thin keyboard, your ipad remains an ipad, its easy to snap on and off. Buy it!
When I bought my iPad2 I found it hard to justify as I already had an iPhone, a laptop and a kindle. I finally bought an iPad2 when my laptop was in for repair - and fell in love. Since then I've used it every day and used the apple smart cover all the time and a Belkin case Belkin Pleated Sleeve for iPad - Plum (Compatible with New Apple iPad 3rd Generation HD) for when it's in my bag.

To my surprise this new cover with built in keyboard has made me love my iPad more. It means that I can type emails far more easily and it should be fine for travel, rather than having to take my laptop as well. Obviously, it adds a bit of weight - but it's worth it for the benefits of the stand and the keyboard. I have been asked where I got it every time I've been using it when out and about...with people remarking that it gives the look of a netbook

- weighs 325g so with the iPad2 (600g) it come in under a kilo
- very slim and well designed - aluminium with logitech log and black keyboard. It looks good with the iPad
- keyboard has good typing function and has a home button
- makes great use of the magnets and attached to the iPad securely in both modes
- installation is a breeze - bluetooth and a charge and an on button
- battery life is long - 6 months apparently
- like the apple smart cover, it sleeps your iPad when you close it and wakes it when you open it
- slim enough to still fit in my Belkin case

- has only one angle when you clip it in to use the keyboard...however it's perfect for me
- obviously has a bit more heft than the apple smart cover but, for me, 325g is worth it for the function
- doesn't protect the back of the iPad- but then nor does the apple smart cover

Highly recommended

EDIT 22/2/2013 just an update to say I have only had to recharge this once and it gets long use daily. It still draws attention whenever I use it in public and i am still delighted with it.
33 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse