Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

on 4 April 2015
The last time I purchased name tags was years ago when the kids where at school. On this occasion it was for marking up clothing for a relative going into a care home. I've never used the iron on type before and have painstakingly sewn in every one, but as I had a complete wardrobe to mark up, it was a daunting thought, particularly when it now takes me ages to get the cotton through the eye of a needle!

Taking the easy way out I thought I would give these iron-on type a go. The process to order was simple, all you need to do is let the supplier know what colour and name you want to go on them. Full instructions are given when you order.

The labels were a little smaller than I expected (I'm probably remembering the bigger embroidered sew-on ones), but small doesn't mean it is bad. These labels are niffy little things and I was pleasantly surprised on receipt. They are plenty big enough for purpose, rounded corners and easy to cut off the strip.

I ironed these labels on a variety of clothes/items of different fabrics and they all stuck well. It is important to have the iron hot and to remember not to iron the labels on laundry care/size labels in the clothes as this iron-on labels will just slide off. They need to be on the actual fabric of clothing. Being of a smaller size they feel more discreet and the fact that they have rounded corners means that there are no "pointy" corners to flip up and potentially peel off.

I tested an item on which I'd ironed a label a few days earlier and tried to pick it off but it was having none of it, it was well and truly stuck and wasn't going anywhere. I believe that whilst the clothes are being hot-washed in the care home, none of the labels have peeled off in washing either. They are as safe as the sew-on ones with less work involved in putting them on.

All in all, small is good, they do stay put during wearing and washing. Should I need any more name labels in the future, I will buy more of these as they do the job and look the part and save hours of sewing.
on 23 April 2013
I needed these labels for an elderly relative who was going into residential care. They arrived promptly and are extremely quick and easy to attach. Highly recommended
on 24 June 2013
Product received promptly. Originally thought ok but after ironing on as instructed, labels are now starting to come off when garments washed.
on 26 February 2014
THIS IS THE 2ND TIME I HAVE PURCHASED THESE ITEMS FROM THIS SUPPLIER, THE FIRST TIME I ORDERED 50 AND WAS VERY PLEASED WITH THE SPEED AND THE ACTUAL PRODUCT, SO ON THE SECOND OCCATION MY MOTHER WENT INTO RESPITE CARE I ORDERD DOUBLE THE AMOUNT, I.E. 100, THEY ARRIVED WELL WITHIN THE TIME FRAME QUOTED WITH THE NAME CLEARLY DISPLAYED. I WOULD HAVE NO HESITATION IN RECOMMENDING THIS COMPANY AND THERE PRODUCT.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 23 February 2017
Very rapid, in my case, next-day service and not too expensive. Perhaps a little small and faint for school use where need to identify items quickly. Seem particularly good for elderly people in care, because inobtrusive and so less "humiliating" for those who have been forced to give up their independence.

Too soon to judge how long-lasting these are and whether will retain their adhesiveness. I had to press quite long and hard with a hot iron to ensure each label is stuck on securely, and being so small they are fiddly to manage, particularly since one has to iron through a protective cloth when attaching to synthetic materials. Still, better than sewing on each as in the old days!
on 17 April 2016
Have read a few falling off or fading reviews and I certainly haven't found this to be the case.
I got these for my daughter school uniform and it's had plenty of washes and the labels have remained as good as new.
Fantastic value for money.
on 3 December 2016
Excellent product. Arrived really quickly and is big enough to be seen but not too big to take up too much room in the clothing. After 10weeks of washes in uniform they are still there very securely. Would buy again.
on 6 January 2017
Excellent labels adhere well to fabric by following the instructions, but don't use them on plastic because the plastic will melt when the iron is applied.
I ordered these on Thursday and they arrived in the post on Saturday! Excellent value for money and a very efficient firm.
on 10 September 2016
Unfortunately when ordering too separate labels one for a grandson on Blue and one for a granddaughter on BLUE my granddaughter was so disappointed (first day of school and all that) to be sent PINK labels.
I would suggest the company stops being sexist about labels and appreciate some children want matching labels to their uniform which in my granddaughter's case is BLUE.

Immediately contacted the company with copies of orders clearly stating BLUE for both but to date no replacement or apology what is going on.

By the way have used these labels for years and they work very well which ever colour they are printed on as I have now had all three.
on 30 January 2017
Asked for bold printed labels - unfortunately the print was small and quite feint. Also received first batch with my name on rather than the person the labels were for. This was remedied quickly though.