on 5 April 2017
A3 paperfeed a pain
on 1 September 2013
This printer is great, has dropbox connection, has A3, ok so putting the paper in sideways gets a little getting used to the first cople of times, but other than than best printer i have had so far and i have had a few, as a IT Network Administrator .

Either way, simple setup, easy to use and come with iphone app and can print from Android too, working with Windows 8.

Great printer
on 17 May 2015
Warning do not buy this printer!- the Brother MFC-J4610DW printer we have has developed a fault after a about a 18 months of patchy performance. Ink is expensive and quality was not as never as good as the demo pieces we saw at purchase. However while performance was tolerable the real fault started about 3 months ago with the continuing print jams and failure to print. Despite rigorously removing the jams cleaning and following about every online maintenance advice we can find cleaning - now we're lucky if one in 10 jobs prints. Customer service has equally been responsive but unhelpful. Occasional as if to tease us we get an OK print but this only serves to remind us what we don't have. This is my first experience of Brother printers and first ever ever critical review - and would have happily given 0 stars- the printer has driven us to this and wasted many an hour trying to fix it. I repeat DO NOT BUY- in fact on this evidence best avoid Brother altogether.
on 14 December 2015
configuration as network printer is a pain in the butt. I managed to get to the web page for the printer configuration only once, and now again after changing the refresh tim on the webpage, I am once again unable to ping the thing. All I want is to set up static IP to access it from various machine, and if possible disable wifi. Well apparently this is not an option. I have been working on that thing for more than an hour now, with no good result.

I guess it s an ok product to use it with usb cable. This is not a proper network printer though.
on 11 September 2013
The item was delivered promptly, in fact 3 days before the advised date and it does exactly what I wanted. The A3 facility is very useful and the unit is relatively easy to set up. There is some confusion in the manual as to which tray is which, but this problem was easily solved. Good value, good quality and excellent delivery. I would recommend this product.
on 16 July 2013
The printer arrived quickly. It was very easy to set up and install. We have wireless connectivity and usb. The wireless is very handy.
I have so far used the print on A3 & A4 options wirelessly and via usb . The A3 is a really useful addition.I have also used the scan facility and liked the fact you can create a multi page PDF from scanning multiple connected documents.. brilliant.
So far am impresssed.. if anything it is a little noisy but nothing you cant live with ..
on 3 April 2014
Just got this when my trusty Kodak bit the dust. Seems ok - only printer I've ever had that works properly on our network. A bit of a pause before printing starts. Not sure if ink costs are as cheap as I have been told overall. Easy set up. Scans well and supplied software works fine (also a lot less bloated than the Kodak software). Overall I'm happy. Paid £100 at staples as it's on offer at the moment
on 31 December 2015
This has probably been the worst experience on Amazon, ever. Bought this for new office but didn't get around to setting it up until 2 month after I got it and then didn't use it much for a couple of weeks. When we did start using it, it was so problematic that we wasted a huge amount of paper and time and still couldn't print properly.

For a while it would constantly say there was a paper jam when there clear wasn't. We would have to go through the motions of 'clearing' the jam for it to print. After printing one sheet, same message, same rigmarole. Then that problem seemed to clear itself after about 10 days only for another error message - feed paper - even though there was. Finally I contacted the seller who said it was too late to return to him and I would have to contact the manufacturer. This in itself was a process of real frustration!!

We had to go through a call centre and leave details, get job number and wait to get a call from someone. We got a call 24 hours later from a junior simply asking question about the problem and the serial numbers of ALL the ink cartridges!!! Presumably this information was required as a possible get out clause in case you were using cheaper cartridges. Another 24 hours later someone phones, talks through some remedial processes and seemingly fixed it. No such luck.

Once again had to phone call centre, give details, note down new case number, wait for call. 24 hours later ( at least consistent), get call and again talk through processes only then to be told it will have to sent to them to repair. In the meantime we will of course be without printer. We had to fill in forms, organise day that their courier to come and send it off. A week later it comes back. We plug it in, start it and now it says there's no ink and would not operate at all!!! We have barely printed anything and there was certainly ink in the printer when we sent it to them. 4 days of phoning the call centre and leaving messages to get someone to call back resulted in a phone call 7 days after getting the printer back.

Initially the caller refused to accept there was ink when we sent it or that they have used it up but after 20 minutes of arguing, he finally agreed, 'as good will gesture' to send me replacement ink which I believe arrived the next day. Hooray! We can finally start using the printer .... Load up ink. Beep beep beep a message on screen 'insert paper' !!! Same problem as before!!! Once again, call centre, case number, collection and wait. We're still waiting. For the verdict.

Apart from these problems, the printer itself is clunky, slow, noisy. I have a Cannon at home which I purchased a few years ago and still works perfectly, quietly, efficiently and with speed.

Don't bother with this printer or the manufacturer. Having gotten used to the faultless service from Amazon, the service we have received from Brother has been the worst I've ever experienced from a manufacturer. I will never again buy a Brother product.
on 20 February 2014
This is a lot of function for the money.

Networkable (wired and wireless) scanning, copying, duplex printing, A3 capable, two paper tray, dropbox/facebook connecting memory card reading, multisheet feeding, faxing printer. Blimey, it almost does it all.

Sent one of these off to uni with my daughter. It's a great little printer (albeit not that small I suppose) which is capable of printing A3, which in fact does make it pretty small. It feeds the paper long edge which helps to keep the footprint of the printer small, but I do wonder about the print accuracy as a result. Also, the paper feed can be temperamental, requiring user intervention after every sheet when the bottom tray is used.

All in all though, it does the job (and there are loads of jobs it can do) pretty well and I'm quite pleased. It's no photo printer, but the print quality is pretty good.

If you want to be able to do the majority of what this printer is capable of, even on an occasional basis, you will not be disappointed with this device. On that basis it represents great value for money.
on 11 October 2013
I have previously used Canon all-in-ones but my new Brother is a quantum leap better. The prints appear so quickly - A3 on the Brother is quicker than A4 on a Canon. Quality seems similar. Early days yet, but the ink consumption on the Brother seems to be a fraction of what my Canon used just cleaning the heads. Money spent on the Brother is paid back due to savings in Canon ink wasted cleaning the heads, and in savings in time waiting for Canon prints. And the Brother looks better and, despite printing paper twice as big, has a smaller footprint.