on 27 June 2013
NOTE: When I reviewed this PC, it had an FX-6100 processor, a Radeon 6670 Graphics card and a different case. The seller is updating the PC's components so the computer doesn't become out-dated (which is fair enough). As I can't be updating this review every time a change happens, I suggest using this review as a basis to how to how the computer will perform, and ignore the bits discussing it's aesthetics.

So after using the PC for over a month now, I thought I'd share my personal experience. I bought it when it had blue LEDs and did not come with any games, as it was reduced in price, which is perfectly understandable.
In terms of aesthetics, this is all really preference, but personally I think it looks very good, something you might imagine Optimus Prime using. The PC itself sits between the ranges of being medium / large. As a reference, the computer's legs sit fine on my small desk (about 26cm in height), while sticking out by about 10cm. Ports on the top, which includes 2 USB 2.0 ports, a headphone, microphone port and 2 buttons (power on the left) are easily accessible. All the ports work fine, except the headphone jack, which produces a tinny sound unless I twist the headphone's connector cable until the right sound is achieved, though this may just be my PC.

At the back there are a slew of ports, and I've had no issues with any of them. It should be noted that this PC does not come with WIFI, so if you want wireless internet you'll have to either install one yourself or plug in a USB WIFI adapter, which is what I did, and it works great. A disk drive is included, which I believe is a Samsung Super Writemaster. During operation, the PC fans are relatively quiet, not enough to drive you insane and not enough that you can't hear them. The LEDs are a nice touch.

On the Windows Experience Index, the FX-6100 scored 7.3 on processor, 7.8 on memory, 6.7 on graphics and gaming graphics and 5.9 on primary hard disk. The high clockspeed of 3.3 GHz in combination with the 8GB of Kingston ram means that opening and closing applications, and in general browsing around is smooth. Occasionally my computer stutters freezing for a second, but this doesn't occur frequently enough to deter the experience. Programmes such as Photoshop work smoothly, and other people have reported that the FX-6100 processor is capable of handling video editing quite well.

Now, the gaming, which is handled by a Radeon HD 6670. The graphics card is fairly low budget, being priced under £80, bit it's capable of handling the heavy games, with the right settings. I obtained an average of 70 - 80 FPS on games such as Fallout: New Vegas, Far Cry 2, Arkham Asylum on high settings by adjusting my resolution. Games such as Crysis or Battlefield have been played with a good FPS on the 6670; you might be able to play on low or medium settings with 30fps, with the right settings. Still, the 6670 can handle a lot of games, and this is a custom built PC, thus you have the ability to upgrade your card whenever you feel inclined to do so.

To summaries, the FX-6100 Gaming PC contains some really good specs for the price, which allows it to perform tasks very well. The graphics card, though low budget, is still capable. If you want to get into PC gaming or are just on a budget, then this is a great choice. Below are some links I left which will hopefully prove to be useful.

AMD Bulldozer FX-6100 Socket AM3+ 6 Core Processor - 3.30GHz, 3.90GHz Turbo - For further reviews on the processor itself.

VTX3D AMD Radeon HD 6670 Graphics Card (2GB, DDR3, PCI Express 2.1, HDMI, DVI-D, VGA, AMD CrossFireX, AMD HD3D Technology) - For further reviews on the graphics card. This may not be the specific variant, but should be similar or identical.

videocardbenchmark.net - A great site that lists benchmark results for hundreds of graphics cards and processors.

Tenda W311M 150Mbps Wireless USB Network Interface Card - The USB WIFI adapter I use, very small and works great.

Update August 28, 2013: The PC doesn't stutter or freeze anymore (hasn't done it for several months). Iv'e had the chance to test a lot more games, including but not limited to The Sims 3, Burnout Paradise, Dead Space, Dues Ex: Human Revolution, The Elder Scrolls IV, and all work fine. Albeit, Battlefield required lots of tweaking and all games were on low - medium settings.

Update December 24, 2013: Many months later and the computer's still running like a champ. I eventually gained the confidence and took the plunge of upgrading its graphics card; I say plunge as this was the first time I was tinkering with its components. Needless to say, the entire process was a breeze, and for anyone worried or not too confident about foregoing this task, have a look at some YouTube videos to get a good idea. By doing this, I was able to clearly differentiate and recognize each component. I replaced the computer's Radeon 6670 with a Radeon 7770 GHz Edition. For a £80, it's incredible the performance it chugs out. I can now play games like Battlefield 3 on High or Ultra settings with 70 - 80 FPS. So if the current card isn't quite doing it for you, I say get curious, gain that confidence, let your inner PC gamer out and start upgrading!

Update January 3, 2015: The fact that it's been 1 year and 8 months since I bought this computer and delved into PC gaming amazes me. Since it initial purchase, the PC has ran like a champ, and though I've come across a blue screen of death and some crashes, this is down to my own fault. As I've stated in my note above, I can't update this review anymore due to the components constantly changing, and because I won't be owning this computer anymore as for the first time, I've made my own custom build. I just wanted to end this review by saying that through time and tinkering, anyone can gain a moderate level of expertise on PCs. It all seemed daunting to me at first, as I had little-to-know knowledge on computers (I'm sure a lot of you are in a similar position to how I was, thus why you're here reading this review, or you're just bored). But through time and tinkering, I'm now the one helping friends on computer builds, and being that "go-to guy" for troubleshooting PC issues. I'm going to end this in a similar manner to my December 2013 update, by encouraging everyone to gain that confidence and knowledge on PC's, so in a years time, you can to gain the satisfaction of knowing you have a PC that you put you're blood, sweat and tears into, and one that you can call truly yours. So let your inner PC gamer out and start tinkering!

Sapphire 11201-17-20G AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB GDDR5 GHZ Graphics Card (HDMI, DVI-I,PCI Express 3.0, 128-Bit, AMD CrossFireX Multi-GPU Technology) - The graphics card I installed and am using as of writing, if you're interested. It fits inside the casing beautifully, is only marginally noisier than the previous card, performs very well and is excellently priced.
33 Comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 June 2017
All Good & Nothing Bad
on 25 November 2016
ok!
on 24 August 2015
I do not have much idea about P.C.'s but this does what I want it to so that's good enough for me.
on 3 June 2015
I've been using this FX-6300 for 8 months now. It runs smothly and works great. I have had no problems and highly recommend it. Awesome price as well (paied 399 punds for it).
on 4 March 2016
Received this item much earlier than I expected, very easy to set up and instructions were helpful. I appreciated the checklist they provided too. So far no issues I love it!
on 13 September 2015
Bought this item for my son's 16th birthday, great computer, he loves his gaming, does everything he wants it to.
on 19 November 2015
Just the PC I needed
on 11 June 2016
One of the best purchases I have made, my son plays many online,multiplayer games and his old pc just could not run them. This runs them so smoothly (especially games on steam etc) fantastic product and very easy setup.
on 14 October 2013
I have had this PC about a month now and am very happy with it. This is the 1st PC I have bought with gaming in mind and it does the job well; I was able to play Empire total war on high settings with minimal lag, and i tested TF2 and that runs flawlessly (as you would expect for such an old game). However for Bioshock Infinite and Tomb raider I found to have an average of around 20 fps on high and around 30 fps on medium. To most people that is no problem but I still found that to be a bit too low, after years of having an xbox with most games running at 60 fps (Generally considered the most standard and respectable frame rate) it felt like a little bit of a let down. To top it off I also found that when in chaotic firefights in Bioshock or Tomraider on medium graphics the fps tend to take a minor, but noticeable plummet (down back again to around 20fps). I must stress however that these games are still very much playable, even on high settings (if you don't mind a frame rate drop) but to picky people like me; that is not ideal, to others who are completely new to gaming or don't really care about minor hindrances when playing then this is perfect.

In terms of graphics on the machine for the price it is pretty good, I have never had to play on low settings with any of my games. With games more than 2 years old you are usually going to be able to play on medium settings with no lag, and high with slight lag, and on newer games I would say almost always medium, or with games like crysis 3 I would say some settings might have to be adjusted even lower.

This is, for all intents and purposes, a starter PC, I'm not sure if the designers had that in mind when they made this, but either way it falls into the middle of the PC quality spectrum. But that is fine, if you're just starting out with PC gaming or making a transition from consoles to PC this is a great place to start. I must have spent days scanning through the PC selection of amazon and this is the best one I found in terms of price and quality. Everything comes pre-installed including windows 7 which means minimal hassle, and its pretty easy to set up; this is sure to last you a couple of year at least, and then once it seems too dated to play new games you can always buy a better graphics card.

By the way Just make make sure you have: a monitor (I have a TV monitor 27inch and it works fine), a keyboard and mouse, and also a usb thingy to connect to wireless (picked one up at a local shop for £15) if you're not connecting to the internet by an Ethernet cable, oh and also remember to have a HDMI cable to connect from your PC to the TV.