Customer reviews

1,308
Riemann P20 Once a Day 10 Hours Protection SPF20 Sunscreen 200ml
Size: 200ml|Change

on 13 May 2016
I used P20 while in the Caribbean and didn't get burned once. I'm quite sure that this is the best UV protection I have ever used. I always feel as though I am putting on too much and have to do it quickly, as it evaporates. It does the job and I have worn white linen shirts and not had any staining at all. Recommended and much cheaper on Amazon than the shops. The Boots store in the Airport was £8 more for the same bottle.
on 30 November 2015
Cannot get better sunscreen than this if you do lots of sport.

Pros: 3 coats applied beforehand last me a 10hr ironman in 25c+ heat.
Doesnt run: so therefore didnt dry my contact lenses out like all other suncreens have done in the past.
1 coat LASTS - sweat doesnt shift it.
It works whilst swimming: I swim for a few hours each day if Im on a beach holiday. I can apply 1 coat, let it dry off properly then swim for up to 2 hours without worrying about sunburn (I have never burned whilst wearing this stuff - but its all about being sensible and using the right factor).

Cons:
It takes while to "setup" the coats and soak in and redo
If you wear white or dont clean it all off before bed, its quite a waxy yellow and your whites will get stained

Worth every penny from amazon (considering way below the extortionate RRP)
on 22 August 2017
I have been using Riemann P20 for many years now on my shaved head. The product is excellent and only needs one application first thing in the morning after shave and shower. I must say I prefer the lotion over the spray as I feel it gives me better protection and I feel it's easier to apply but that's just my personal preference. Living in France for the last five years I've found I only need to wear a hat if out in the midday sun. Make sure to apply at least 15 minutes before going out in the sun and wash hands thoroughly as it can stain white towels.
on 27 April 2017
Does just what it says on the tin. But it can stain white clothes as it is difficult to wash off in the shower. We used it every day over 2 weeks of very sunny weather, apply once and forget it. Went in the water several times and didn't reapply - but don't rub yourself dry with a towel. Just wish it came in a spray like the factor 15 does.
on 20 September 2016
Love this put on in the morning and then can just go out all day without having to top up.

It is very oily when first applied so as others have said you may want to apply it before you put clothes on (I always forget and have had no permanent stains on my clothes).
It also has a very strong chemical smell (enough to take my breath away when I first applied it to my face I now apply to my face in a different way to minimize this) but this fades very quickly and the smell that is left isn't strong or unpleasant.
on 8 February 2016
I put a short review on recently, then realised I should have embellished it slightly. I stated the product was superb and although a bit pricey, was worth every penny. What I forgot to say is that I've been using it over the past five, or six years but have ONLY used the SPF20. I can't vouch for the others. Also, make sure it's dried before dressing. It WILL stain garments, especially light coloured ones. If you can work round that minor glitch, this is a great product which for once, actually DOES what it says! 10/10 for my family.
on 27 August 2015
I have fair skin, but have used this product for backpacking in countries where there is constant 40 degrees and have never burned. Although the product says that is is a once a day application, I do find that (fairly obviously) drying yourself with a towel may leave your skin exposed to the sun so it may be best to apply an extra coat. Nonetheless, this product is still more convenient than having to reapply every couple of hours.

It's true that it doesn't smell the nicest and is a little greasy on application, but this disappears as the product evaporates and adheres to the skin. I have found no better sun protection up to this point so highly recommend the product.
on 30 March 2016
I've used p20 for many many years and I swear by it to avoid getting burnt. It's a bit of a faff to put it on in the morning and let it dry...but once done you're ready for the day ahead and no more creams to apply (although I do add extra suncream to my face occasionally). Also be careful with towels - can leave a yellow residue if not fully dry. But let me reiterate - if applied correctly this keeps you protected for the whole day and yet you still develop a lovely tan.
on 4 August 2016
This is a fantastic product. Who knew you could coat yourself in the morning and it would last all day. No sandy re applying on the beach. Love it. I do tan easily so factor 20 is good for me, but my fair skinned daughter did burn her shoulders, so you do need to take care if you are fair and not in hot sun a lot, maybe use a higher factor and take great care when coating.
on 5 March 2014
My girlfriend recommended this to me and I have to say that I was sceptical. I'm reasonably fair skinned and can normally burn unprotected in about 15 minutes. If you follow the instructions and apply to all areas that will be exposed to the sun and allow to dry for 15 minutes BEFORE you go out into the sun it will provide excellent protection all day even if you're in and out of the sea. Just don't rub yourself with a towel as this will rub off your protection. I've used this daily in Egypt for two weeks and never burnt.
It is quite expensive but seeing as you only apply once a day it isn't as bad as some other ordinary sun protection.