on 4 January 2014
I bought this as a present for my partner and he loved it. So unfortunately it now hangs on bedroom wall. On the up side it does reduce mob spawning considerably.
99 comments| 318 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 February 2014
I don't know what the others are saying, it is more than enough for reading and great fun and good light in the dark! Definitely buy it!
on 2 December 2013
Great product, my boys loved them! They can hang on the wall just like in the game. Cool present for Xmas.
on 2 January 2014
I bought his for my 10 year old son. He is obsessed with Minecraft so this was a big hit with him.
I was surprised at how much light it did throw out. It is pride of place now on his bedroom wall.
He is the first of his friends to have one so this Mummy done good!!
on 1 October 2013
My son was very happy with this torch. Well built and very convincing (just like the minecraft torch in the game). The flip down part allowing it to be attached to the wall is a nice touch. Would buy another (if it came down in price a bit).
on 17 January 2014
Expensive for what it is but great all the same, my boys well into minecraft and this was much appreciated gift. Got the red stone touch light too, recommend both
on 12 October 2015
A must for any minecraft fan. Perfect replica of the torch in the game. My son is thrilled with the light. I find it looks amazing hanging on the wall.
review image
on 10 June 2015
Hinge to attach to the wall broke immediately. The hinge was made of tiny bits of plastic. We weren't hard on it, it's just not fit for the job. Our 7 year old son was really upset on his birthday. Torch great but hinge awful.
on 31 December 2015
Great and quite bright! (ideal for night light!).
WARNING ⚠ Though!!
It says"3*aaa-alkaline batteries" and that's REALLY important! Stupid battery cover has special holes that WON'T allow the top tab on rechargeable batteries to fit correctly!! So either buy LOADS of alkaline aaa batteries OR stick a tiny ball of tin-foil on top of rechargeable batteries (+) tab and then you can use rechargeable batteries!! Bit fiddly BUT saves money!!
on 2 October 2015
Review should be 3½ stars - although my 10-year old son loves this, it doesn't give out the light of a real torch, but provides ample light for say, reading a book. It won't light-up a room, it's a novelty torch-light afterall. The only two disappointing gripes I have are -
(A) The hinge (to make the torch look completely 'in the wall' or if intending to stand on a table) broke within a very short time - it can be attached by good tape but it should have been a bit more robust. Mainly attached to wall so it will suffice.
(B) The bulb - no problems yet but if it goes, how the hell do you replace it...if it can be replaced at all? There is no way of getting access without maybe breaking the 'flame' light part away from the handle - it doesn't pull away or screw off !!! ...I'll have to wait until that time comes.