on 19 February 2014
I read a few reviews on this before buying saying it holds a charge well so I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it is. 40 minute journey and it charged my iPhone 5c from 61% to 100%. Definitely good value and works great.
on 1 December 2013
I got given this as an early Christmas present as since upgrading to the iPhone 5s( From the trusty 4S) I have found the battery flattens very quickly. This charger provides the perfect solution in keeping me live on my phone.

The 2 amp charger allows for a speedy charge on my average length journeys to and from work when a little boost in power is required. My partners iPhone 5 also continues to charge using the Kit MFI Apple Approved 2 In-Car Charger (with Lightning Connector) even after numerous updates from IOS 6 software to IOS 7 updates which I have read can be an issue with some (probably slightly cheaper) chargers, in-car and mains powered.

The packaging is neat and if I could have waited until Christmas would have been a great little stocking filler which unlike some has and will continue to get used on a daily basis. Great little accessory that can be hidden out of sight if and when required as it doesn't take up to much space and does the job it was made to do. Check that it is sufficiently pushed in and the led light showing to know that all is working correctly. Highly recommend!!
on 23 June 2016
Brilliant for the money. I leave one permanently attached to my motorbike for phone sat nav duties on roadtrips. Charges fast enough so no complaints. Pretty cheap feeling but you get what you pay for.
on 18 December 2013
I recently upgraded my phone to an iPhone 5. I found that, although I love the phone, the charge runs out rapidly and will rarely last a full day. I work on the road and decided to buy the lightening charger to keep in my car for emergencies. It's such a good product that I don't always worry about charging at home now. I simply get in my car in the morning and plug my phone in whilst I drive to my first appointment. The charging is super fast and sometimes I actually think it charges quicker than when I plug into the mains charger! Would definitely recommend this product. I have tried other in-car chargers but none have been as good as this. By spending a little more I have a high quality product that surpassed my expectations.
on 4 November 2013
The Kit in-car charger is great, does exactly that - charges my iPhone 5 or my iPad Mini while in the car, so I can keep my battery topped up on the move. The 1m cable is more than long enough to allow the device to charge, without being too long that it gets in the way. The Kit in-car lightening charger is Apple approved which offers peace of mind that the product is high quality and will not damage your device. It also has a great feature which some other power chargers do not have - it has 4 sprung clips so once you have plugged into the cigarette lighter it will not spring out, but sits securely in place even with vibrations from the road. The LED light on the charger indicates when the device is being charged and with 2.1 Amps of power it charges safely and quickly. Would recommend this product - functional and reliable.
on 11 November 2013
As any iPhone 5 owner will tell you, the battery life is shocking. It is this detail that Apple fail to share when you upgrade from a smartphone with a decent battery life (at least one that lasts a full working day and night out) to the new iPhone 5 that struggles to make it into the early evening with modest use. Therefore, I decided to buy an in-car charger to help with this unavoidable flaw.

I chose this Kit MFI charger as I have been told that the Made for iPhone Apple Approved chargers allow for software updates and will continue to work, unlike the cheaper chargers on the market that run the risk of failing to charge due to the incorrect technology inside the connector.

The charger itself is of really good quality and the packaging it arrived in was smart and had basic, useful information included. The charger fits wells into the cigarette lighter socket and does not move around like my Tom Tom connection due to having four sprung clips instead of two.

I am able to keep my charger in the glove compartment when not in use as it is small enough to fold away and when in use, because of its size, it does not compromise on space in my car. I would highly recommend investing a little more money in a decent MFI charger than buying a knock-off iPhone charger.
on 16 May 2014
Thought I would give this a go as it was cheap versus other products. But you get what you pay for! This is a terrible product. It charges my phone really slowly and doesn't even work on my husband's phone. Cable isn't that long either so it's a bit of a stretch to use it whilst the phone is in it's holder on the windscreen being used for the sat nav.
on 13 November 2013
I have just upgraded from an iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5S which is fantastic, however this does mean that I need to re-purchase a few essentials with the new lightning connector.

I had previously used the handy dandy Emergency Charger by Kit Kit 900mAh Emergency Battery Charger for iPhone/iPod/iPad - Black and it was a godsend so I thought this would be the next best thing for when I am out and about in the car. I am also very impressed that this is Apple approved so you don't get those annoying warnings as with some other chargers.

I have a VW Beetle and the 12V cigarette power socket is in a slightly awkward place situated beneath the handbrake and I was a little concerned that the charger might be too large and obstruct the handbrake; however I needn't have worried because it fits perfectly.

As the socket is underneath the handbrake I need to put the phone in my bag on the passenger seat so it isn't in the way. Luckily the springy 1 metre cable is flexible and long enough to so it doesn't need to stretch and be a hazard.

My iPhone 5S is white and silver so I love that the charger is white too so they match nicely.
It has a red LED to indicate when it is charging, so that gives peace of mind to know it is providing much needed juice!

The packaging for the charger is good and sturdy and the box is soft to the touch.

Overall I think it is a fantastic car charger which and it will always be staple ready and waiting in my glove box. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is concerned about their battery running low whilst on the go.
on 5 February 2015
The item was not as described so my husband didn't want it, my daughter in law said she would take and it did not work, because I had it for a while I didn't bother sending it back very disappointed.
on 15 May 2014
doesnt work at all! bought my bf it for his car as his battery always dies, gave it to him as soon as i recieved the product and it didnt work. it vibrated as to say it was connected nd then disconnected staight away.

See one answered question