on 28 May 2017
VERY GOOD BUY
on 5 November 2014
Brought for our sons for christmas it was the best price around and arrived on time too
on 2 February 2014
I bought this because my children already had Skylanders and I thought it would be similar. It's similar in the fact that you can change the character you are playing by swapping a small figure on a base. As a game on it's own, without comparing it to another it is a big rip off. When you buy it you get the CD with the game on, three figures: Mr Incredible, Sully and Captain Jack Sparrow you also get a small plastic model that allows you to go to three different worlds: The Incredibles, Monsters University and Pirates of the Carribean.

It's advertised as being a free play, called Disney Infinity because the possibilities are endless, they're not. There is a home world called the Toy Box, where two players can play, it's quite limited and mostly for collecting coins.

When you travel to the different worlds one player has to drop out, a source of endless frustration for my children. You can only use the characters belonging to that world whilst there, also frustrating to the children as they wanted to swap the characters and use all of them everywhere. I bought two of the boys a Playset Pack for their birthdays these allowed the children to travel to two more worlds: Toy Story and The Lone Rangers. Again they had to play single player while there and couldn't swap to characters from different films. The children also chose to spend their birthday and spending money on different characters such as Wreck it Ralph, Elsa and Jack Skellington. These come in between £10 and £20 each but don't have their own worlds and so can only be used in the Toy Box area where not much happens, Another source of frustration for my children, I've had them in tears because having spent their hard saved spending money (they only get 50p a week so they've had to save for months to amass that much) on a part of the game that is so limited in its use.

My advice keep your money spend it on something that your children will enjoy.
on 13 July 2014
Really upset with this, it was a birthday present for my son which he asked for for months, all comes to all it doesnt even work! It wouldnt read the disk & I read up online that these only work on the wii-u's. Its put me off wii's all togeather, we baught him a ps3 can never go wrong with them.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 28 April 2016
“Disney Infinity” is an action-adventure videogame that uses collectible figures which – when synchronised with the game – allow you to play as various characters in many different environments. What makes this game special is the way it interacts with physical toys - which are ‘brought to life’ when placed on the Infinity Base. This starter pack for the Wii includes all you need to play, and comes with the game disc, the Infinity Base, and three figures (Mr. Incredible, Jack Sparrow, and Sulley). The game is exciting and colourful, with good graphics and music.

Using a ‘playset’, you access a fictional world with its own gameplay and story (based on a film or series). So a playset is like any other game – it has its own storyline, involving an adventure with a beginning and end. These playsets can only be used with specific characters. Then there’s the Toy Box mode – where you can create your own ongoing game in an open-world environment. All the characters can join-in any game created in Toy Box mode, and there’s lots of hours of play value to be had, customising the environment, creating challenges and exploring.

There are a number of playsets – such as: Pirates of the Caribbean, Monsters University, the Incredibles, Cars, the Lone Ranger, and Toy Story. Each has its own campaign, and is a lot of fun. There are numerous figures to collect and play with, and there are ‘power discs’ available (adding new elements to the game) … so lots of additional content.

This game is suitable for children age 5+. And, of course, it can be played by adults. It’s easy to set-up and install. The figures – which stand 3” to 4” in height – look fantastic, just like as seen in the films. They’re nice to collect (and make good gifts for children), but they do cost extra – so if you start building up a collection you’ll be spending quite a lot of money. And, of course, there are sequels: Infinity 2.0 and 3.0 … all costing extra (note - these sequels don't play on the Wii, but are available for the Wii U).

While I have enjoyed the various campaign storylines (of each playset), for me the best aspect of the game is Toy Box mode – where you can create your own virtual world. My two nephews (age 5 and 7) have spent hours playing in their self-made worlds.

Overall, a lot of fun – but buying the add-on content costs a lot.
on 28 August 2013
Bought this for my 7 yr old, he loves it. The toy box mode is fantastic and being able to interact with characters from different films etc is great, however as others have said, be aware that on the wii (only the wii) you can only be 1 player in play set mode (even if you have multiple characters from the same set). That will put me off buying many more characters.

Just adding to this, if anyone out there has a wii but also another console eg PS3, XBOX etc, I highly recommend paying a little more and buying it for the other console. I bought this for my son on wii and while it was good it was a real shame he couldnt play 2 player. Ended up buying it on PS3 as well and selling the wii version and not only is the 2 player option a lot better but in general the game is better. I know many people will only have a wii and I'd still recommend it if thats the case but we have a PS3 which is used for blurays and in this instance I wish I'd just bought it for the PS3 initially
0Comment| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 April 2014
This will not work on an older Wii console. Brought as an Easter present to discover it would not work. My daughter was very disappointed. There should be a warning placed with product as this is a well known problem.
on 21 May 2014
Great Game. My children have played the levels lots and enjoy using the characters for different levels of the game.
on 3 March 2014
I had heard mixed reviews but I've got to say I was really impressed with this purchase and my daughter loves it!!!!
on 26 August 2013
Bought this as a surprise gift for my two boys along with extra characters. They started playing immediately and loved it until they realised they couldn't play together in the playset mode. I contacted the infinity help desk and they confirmed that the wii edition is limited to two players playing together in the toy box mode only. Wish they had advertised this point at the outset. Have now wasted money on a game that my kids can't enjoy together.
11 Comment| 115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse