2,249

on 5 October 2013
This app used to have a great range of channels. It was excellent. The recent removal of +1channels, E4, more4 etc has made it a limited product. If you like shopping or news, then you might get something from this. If it's entertainment, don't bother. Before the recent changes this was a 5 star product (even with the odd glitch and the ads). Now it is not worth the effort.
11 comment| 175 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 October 2013
Don't bother downloading. Yesterday I would have given 5 stars, today 1 star as I can't submit review without any stars. All the decent freeview channels have been replaced with qvc and more home shopping channels than you could shake a stick at..... along with some channels that are unheard of. Have completely removed from my kindle hd. This is one upgrade that has ruined a great app. Shame on you.
11 comment| 105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 October 2013
I seriously loved TV CATCHUP 'cos it was a 'lifesaver', so often, if I missed a fave programme. I recommended it to a great many people, so I was totally shocked to find all the great Freeview channels gone.

So, if you can't catch up anymore, the title of the app is inappropriate and deceiving, as is the picture above, which clearly shows itv2 as being included, when it's been removed. This was my most used channel when I needed it.

I would be more than happy to pay for this app if all the missing channels (and more maybe), were returned. It is the only app I know of that has had such a high number of reviewers. Most raved about it...it had mainly 5 star reviews, everyone was happy with it it seemed, but now people are leaving it, or deleting it in droves. I can't understand why such a brilliant app has been deliberately ruined? What is the reason?

PLEASE, PLEASE BRING BACK THE FULL VERSION OF TV CATCHUP! I WILL PAY TO HAVE IT BACK AS IT WAS!! ( I WILL NEVER WATCH THE CATTLE FODDER PROGS THAT YOU HAVE ON NOW AS A RUBBISH ALTERNATIVE).

MAID MARION, RAINHILL, MERSEYSIDE.
11 comment| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 October 2013
This was the best app I had downloaded. HOWEVER, the upgrade has deleted most of the channels I want to watch - in particular Itv 3 and itv 3+1. Really very disappointed, I don't know why the creators thought that was a good direction to go in.
22 comments| 128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 October 2013
This used to be our most used app that we would have recommended to anyone. Gone from 5 stars to 1 overnight.

All the decent channels we use the app for such as E4 and film 4 have now been replaced by absolute rubbish. Don't download this app now, search for an alternative.
0Comment| 153 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 October 2013
Since the upgrade all the channels I liked have gone and been replaced with channels I've never heard of! I've deleted this app from my Kindle Fire - just not worth wasting the memory space!
0Comment| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 October 2013
When I originally uploaded this app it was fantastic, every channel I wanted. Since the update its awful. I am a busy mum with 3 children and used this app to snatch my Tv time. You have taken all the plus 1 channels off so I now miss a lot of my Programmes as well as the channels I used to love. Please fix this ASAP!!!!!
0Comment| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 January 2013
This brilliant gem of an app enables me to watch TV on my kindle fire tablet.

The channels available are approximately those available on Freeview. They include the BBC, ITV, CH4 and CH5 channels plus loads more.

The customer interface is minimal but effective. The channel list is displayed on the left hand side, with the picture on the right. The channel list is vertically scrollable and the picture can be viewed full screen. That's about it, but that is all you need.

In summary an absolutely brilliant app. I would certainly be willing to pay for this app, and perhaps a little extra for the ability to pause and record. Perhaps add the radio stations that are available on Freeview too.

I cannot rate this app highly enough.
11 comment| 950 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 October 2013
Was a great app and a genuine alternative to tv especially when I was working away from home. Now ALL the good channels have gone and its awful! What a way to COMPLETELY RUIN SOMETHING!!!! Will be deleting it immediately
on 29 December 2012
This App is great in my opinion it works better on my Kindle Fire than it does on my iPhone. It`s free and allows you to watch the majority of terrestrial channels. Also it hasn't flashed up any annoying pop ups so far. Probably needs a good WiFi connection I haven`t tried outside the house yet or on mifi yet.
0Comment| 745 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse