Customer reviews

Downton Abbey - Series 1-4 [DVD] [2013]
Format: DVD|Change

on 2 April 2017
I don't need to write a review about Downton Abbey. I am like the rest of the world who just loved sitting down watching the plot unfold for the characters. So Downton Abbey for me gets ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.

My biggest issue with this product is the DVD box. It's one of the most confusing and complicated items I have ever seen. Why they couldn't provide separate boxes for each series of the show, I will never know. This box is designed to scratch the DVD's as all the Downton Abbey seasons are put on top of each other in 1 DVD box. I am sorry but this box lets the product down.

I hope that whoever makes this DVD box realises their mistake and comes up with a better solution in the future.

The DVD's are not numbered clearly, so it is not clear which disc comes next. I had to use IMDB to work out which disc I needed. The Special's were the major problem and one of the discs did not have a number and I had to guess by elimination.

So all in all, I loved the series but hated the box and the way the discs had been numbered.
on 22 October 2017
We are absolutely hooked on Downton Abbey. I was a little apprehensive when I read some of the reviews regarding muddled discs but so far this box set has been fantastic value. The blu ray discs have played beautifully without any hiccups.

I agree the packaging is a little basic but so far the quality of the discs have not been effected.
on 18 October 2017
After going to Highclare My daughter suggested I watch Downton Abbey. It is great and has me hooked on it I try to watch when I have some free time.
on 11 June 2017
As expected. A+
Would have awarded a fifth star if there were any subtitle choices.
Loved the extra bonus material though.
on 24 August 2017
Love it, love it, love it!
on 21 March 2017
Bought as a present
on 27 August 2017
Brilliant complete box set,many many hours of entertainment. No regrets.
on 19 August 2017
bought as a present for parents they find this box set is excellent.
on 27 September 2017
Excellent Value for top quality DVDs. Love all the bonus DVDs . Very good quality HD. Great buy.
on 16 August 2017
Truly an epic. It richly deserved its BAFTA award. I am glad I watched all of it, and in order. The bonus material was also very good.