Top positive review
4 people found this helpful
Great DVD player, but not perfect
on 29 June 2013
I bought this DVD player to replace a home cinema system which had awful speakers - I will be getting a sound bar later. Overall, this DVD player is really good, but there are a few issues.
- Small and light
- Upscaling to near full HD quality using a HDMI cable (not included). I can really tell the difference in the super quality image.
- Very easy to set up and use. No complex menus.
- Options when watching a DVD can be easily changed by pressing a button on remote control, such as Subtitles, or Audio.
- Good build quality.
- Quiet operation, no loud fans or rattling DVD disk trays.
- Night-time mode, to reduce the extreme ends of the audio.
- Remote control is very small. Some people will have trouble seeing button text, and easy to press wrong button as buttons are so small.
- Display on front of unit is small. Difficult to see time elapsed unless I get up close.
- No optical port to connect to sound bar. I have yet to find any DVD player with an optical out port.
- If you stop a DVD halfway through, it does not remember the point you got to when you switch the unit off. When switched back on, it starts from the beginning again. I have to press the Next Chapter button until I reach the point I got to.
Overall, a really good DVD player, but with some annoying issues especially it not remembering the point where I stopped watching a DVD. In all defence, I have yet to find the perfect DVD player even amongst the really expensive models. I am still very happy with my purchase, as it is far better than the complicated Samsung home cinema system I had before with awful audio quality.