Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

on 29 June 2013
I bought this DVD player to replace a home cinema system which had awful speakers - I will be getting a sound bar later. Overall, this DVD player is really good, but there are a few issues.

Good:
- Small and light
- Upscaling to near full HD quality using a HDMI cable (not included). I can really tell the difference in the super quality image.
- Very easy to set up and use. No complex menus.
- Options when watching a DVD can be easily changed by pressing a button on remote control, such as Subtitles, or Audio.
- Good build quality.
- Quiet operation, no loud fans or rattling DVD disk trays.
- Night-time mode, to reduce the extreme ends of the audio.

Bad:
- Remote control is very small. Some people will have trouble seeing button text, and easy to press wrong button as buttons are so small.
- Display on front of unit is small. Difficult to see time elapsed unless I get up close.
- No optical port to connect to sound bar. I have yet to find any DVD player with an optical out port.
- If you stop a DVD halfway through, it does not remember the point you got to when you switch the unit off. When switched back on, it starts from the beginning again. I have to press the Next Chapter button until I reach the point I got to.

Overall, a really good DVD player, but with some annoying issues especially it not remembering the point where I stopped watching a DVD. In all defence, I have yet to find the perfect DVD player even amongst the really expensive models. I am still very happy with my purchase, as it is far better than the complicated Samsung home cinema system I had before with awful audio quality.
on 7 July 2013
first one lasted two weeks before the picture went grainy that one went back and received a replacement and that one has lasted me a month and has now stopped playing any thing just clicks and clicks and clicks should have known better as my father had a toshiba tv and that stopped working after a month STAY AWAY AND SAVE YOUR MONEY ITS JUST NOT WORTH IT
on 22 June 2013
Bought this based on previous 2012 reviews and at first all seemed ok save for the occasional freeze on some discs. However, despite having a compatible Toshiba TV and good quality discs,after just 3 months the player has become unusable, not fit for purpose.When a disc does begin to play it freezes or flickers and is unwatchable.A lot of discs I've tried do not now play but show "Bad Disc" which they are not. They play perfectly on my other devices. Not happy one bit. Waste of money
on 10 April 2013
For the money this DVD player is fine but as it is advertised by Amazon as an upscaling DVD and indeed the box describes it as an upscaling DVD player, it is disappointing because you cannot use the HDMI interface to upscale even though the interface appears to be there. As the instructions show you can only use a SCART connection or composite video jack so you cannot upscale. I had bought it purely because of its upscaling feature but at this price I can't be bothered with the hassle of returning it.
on 9 May 2013
Very annoying that it doesn't have any kind of memory, so if you stop watching a dvd partway through you have to go back to the beginning and try to fast forward to that point, even if the machine isn't switched off in the middle (unless you leave it on pause, which is not a great thing to do overnight), etc.
on 23 September 2014
This is the second Toshiba DVD player that I have bought, for use in our Caravan. It is excellent value for money and gives a superb upscaled picture. Yes, the remote control buttons are a bit small and fiddly, but this is a minor point. The unit is very compact, about the size of a box of chocolates. Also, it will play just about any format DVD.
on 20 May 2014
For a cheap and cheerful upscaling DVD player this is ideal, not always the quietest, but for the price what do you expect. Also it's very easy to find the region freeing codes for this on line, so why pay extra for a multi region version. It upscaled some older region 1 DVDs I have to my 42" HD tv and gave me coloursand detail I'd previously missed.
on 6 March 2014
I thought I had a modest goal to get a player with upscaling, a front panel display and a memory (for where you are on the disk). I failed. No memory on this player, but the front panel display is fine (if small) and the picture quality is fine. It also starts up a lot faster than my old player and seems nice and quiet. The draw action seems positive and the case is quite compact.
on 5 December 2013
It plays DVDS, it plays them easily and efficiently and it plays them clearly with good upscale HDMi. A small unit with a small remote (bit too small maybe) but for the money, a real bargain.
on 23 November 2013
I had big expectations of this improving my viewing pleasure but every time you press the hmdi button it just says not available I've bought a hdmi cable and linked it to my hd tv but even brand new films have no difference it's just a fancy name for a dvd player I've yet to see any difference between watching films on this or my old machine and it certainly cost more

What do customers buy after viewing this item?

Best Selling