on 24 May 2013
I was looking to replace my old iPhone 4 Tom Tom car kit. As Tom Tom do not have a iPhone 5 car kit I wanted a good holder for my car. After looking at loads of phone holders I found the Garmin designer holder. It is very good, it is well made and sticks to the windscreen well. It is very strong and does not move at all! I use it with the Tom Tom app and use the belkin lightning car charger to power the iPhone when on the go.
on 16 March 2013
I have tried a few brackets but this is by far the best, yes it's expensive but if you have the Tom Tom program plus this bracket you have the perfect Sat Nav / phone combination. I would indeed recommend this to any one.
on 10 December 2013
I too was looking for a suitable replacement for my much loved TomTom Iphone 4 cradle - which was pefect, although only ever used it for charging and the GPS boost.

After many evenings searching, I decided on the this cradle and the Garmin lightning cable (you get a lighter sockect USB charger with the cradle)

As per other comments, this thing is solid - no vibrations what so ever, although it has highlighted a tiny rattle on the iPhone power button.

It's not too bulky with nice looks and good quality overall, not sure how long the retaining clip will last, we shall see.

The only bad point is that the cradle has been made with no tollerance allowance, which means the fit is perfect - too perfect if you use screen protectors. There's no room for the thinkness of the protector and the result is the bottom 2 corners are fouled creating small bubbles on my new protector which took me an hour to fit...

Anyway, I have solved this problem by filing the back edge of the bottom retainers taking a good millimetre off with no detrimental effect to the cradle.
on 2 November 2014
Fine for a while then it fell off the windscreen and now won't adhere at all .. I've been on the Garmin web site trying to find an email address with no luck at all - just when you think you're going to get to an email address, you get a 'page not found,' or similar. I just want an email address so I can contact the vendor - apparently that's too much to ask ...
on 5 November 2013
I agree with reviews I read prior to buying this product, excellent quality / design, you can't leave the cover on your phone but this means less bulk in your line of vision. Spend a bit extra you won't regret it. NB...it comes with a double port USB lighter socket adaptor for charging your phone (no cable).
on 28 July 2013
So used a few phone kits in the past but no where near as good as this one. Very sturdy, fixes to windscreen very well no chance of falling off and iPhone fits perfect. Is a bit expensive but worth it I also use the belkin charger 2.1a which is also great works every time and charges fast. Both recommended to all.
on 11 July 2013
Unlike other holder I've seen I trust this one to hold my phone. The reason for 4 stars and not 5 is that the mounting of the cradle to the main mount is not the easiest to get right. You have to make sure it clicks twice otherwise it will fall off!! It leaves no marks on the windscreen unlike other holders and is very secure (if it clicked twice).
on 24 February 2014
This has a great design, shape and feel to it. I always think the cheap in car docks look like space ships with so much unnecessary plastic. You can tell a lot of thought and effort has gone into this to minimise the ugly looks most of the other docks look like. If you're gonna drive a nice car that's kitted out with all the mod-cons, the last thing you want is some space ship dock clogging up your dash.

With this though you get a really strong suction cup that gets even stronger when wet/damp. It holds the phone really securely in place. The only thing you will need to do is manipulate the ball joint on the dock to give it some movement before you dock the phone or the force of moving the phone in its dock will just pull the whole thing off the windscreen. Once you've got it pliable and to a point where you can change the angle easily it's just brilliant. Everything is designed in mind to be minimalistic and it's great. It also leaves room for all your connectors etc too :)
on 11 November 2013
This phone stand really is excellent, it is nice and compact, best of all though and why it gets 5 stars it has no shudder, when you are driving along it remains perfectly still , unlike all other car phone holders I have had. I'm very happy.
on 6 April 2015
A very effective iPhone 5s holder. Not a lot more to say!
When it's attached, it's rock solid, but take care when attaching to a cold screen as it will fall off when the screen gets warm. Wait until the screen is warm (in winter), attach it and it will stay there forever (even after it cools overnight).