Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 February 2013
Just received this great double cd.Played it immediately and love it.For anyone who remembers the music of the fities and early sixties this will not only be the soundtrack of the wonderful Call the Midwife but also the soundtrack of your youth.I love the way they included the 'incidental music' from the programme,here and there, which brings the mind straight back to the series.Well packaged and fast delivery.
on 1 March 2013
Well, what can I say? You have to be a "certain age" to appreciate this album. I was a child in the 50's and remember my mum and dad singing most of these songs, so brought back memories to me. I do have to point out however that not all the songs that have been in series 1 and 2 are on the cd. For example "When" by the Kalin Twins was played in the series but unfortunately was not on the cd, which is a shame as it were one of my favourites.

Never the less, a "good buy" from Amazon as always.
on 28 February 2013
Brilliant collection of tunes from the 50's and 60's brings back many memories of our youth and experiences when young.
on 8 March 2013
Just what the Doctor ordered ,you might say.This album takes you back to your armchair watching the tv series with the background music playing alstarting with ong.All the tracks come from the series,starting with the theme tune and other melodies along the way,If you enjoy Call the Midwife then you will enjoy this album.
on 5 March 2013
Just like the series, so good and really takes you back in time.
Perfect for putting on with your feet up, but be warned you will be up and dancing around the room.
A really feel good album and very good value for money :-)
on 12 March 2013
I was pleased to find out that a lot of the themes from Series 2 are on these CDs. I particularly like the 'Interludes' which will instantly transport you to some of the best scenes. Like the one with the Doctor and his son, driving through the mist, looking for Sister Bernadette. Classic. You might cry.
VINE VOICEon 28 February 2013
Bought the album the other day. So pleased i did as well! It offers value for money along with hits that i knew and could sing along too! Thanks Call The Midwife. You made my day.
on 10 March 2013
Considering the massive amount of tracks, we like most of them! We would recommend it to any off the fans and others
This is a fab album for all ages! puts you right back to the 50s and i'm only 16! love it that they have the original music written for the show on there to!
on 26 February 2014
This has brightened my day somewhat, and brings back some great memories.

I love the TV show, and therefore having some of the music on my Kindle from it makes me very happy.

Highly recommended.