on 1 September 2013
I used to travel on the tube daily to work, and always read the metro. However, this app is pretty poor! It is way behind any other media. Very difficult to navigate and very frustrating to try and read. If you like to pick an app up, open it and then read a page of news, turn to next story and then the next story in an easy flowing way.... then this is NOT the app for you!
on 21 January 2013
Happy to see metro now on kindle fire. Works well and gives me my metro fix for the day. Well done metro for remembering there aren't just Apple users out there
0Comment| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 January 2013
I really enjoy reading this newspaper and was delighted when this app became available. Once installed it automatically downloads the current days newspaper (25mb ish).

Having used this app for the past few days I have found it very good. The text is very clear and easy to read, but it is a little too large, and cannot be re-sized. The app displays the paper in portrait. This works fine, but it would be nice to have the choice of viewing landscape too.

In summary a great app and a great newspaper. The only slight disappointments are the lack of customisation. It would be nice to re-size the text and view the paper landscape. That aside I highly recommend this app.
on 4 July 2016
I used to really look forward to reading Metro on my commute to work, I even bought my kindle specifically for this app, because I was sick of inky hands. Now all I feel is frustration - content doesn't download, half the story is missing, only one letter on the talk page, endless videos which I don't want to watch. WHY Metro did you destroy a good thing?!
on 4 February 2013
Very ood free on line newspaper makes keeping up to date easy without manually having to go via the internet
on 24 January 2013
I have always enjoyed Metro, and to be able to have it on my Kindle to read at any time is a bonus. The news is up to date and very readable.
on 24 June 2016
Like the others who have commented, no use at all. I have tried deleting the app and restarting the Kindle, but still no go.
on 6 February 2013
Great content, quick download of content, just wish you had the option to read in landscape, as some text is small. Would be even better if you could get the kindle to use its audio reader so that I could listen to the news whilst I drive to work !
on 23 March 2014
My friends were somewhat astounded to discover that this Technophobe had, not only arrived in the C21st but also, managed to set the Kindle up on her own without help. It must be noted, however, that the majority of me is firmly anchored in the C19th and a hardcopy instruction booklet accompanying the Kindle would have been greatly appreciated - I dislike having to keep pressing 'buttons' at random in the hopes of finding out what I want to know. Overall I am well pleased with it and, as I'm running out of shelf space, I can add to my library without 'worry'!
on 10 May 2013
Decent newspaper but the font is so huge it would only be comfortable to read if my arms were twice their length. An average of about 6 words per line is just plain headache inducing. The help page says the Kindle edition can vary the text size but I'm blowed if I can find a setting. Until I do I'd rather read the printed version (sorry trees) or use the BBC News app which is a major improvement although it lacks reviews and puzzles.

I have eventually worked out how to delete a copy which is no longer required. Again the app help contains misinformation:

- Go to the page showing the issues.
- At the top-left there is a Metro logo with the word "Store" beside it. Tap "Store"
- This gives 2 choices, "Store" and "Library". Tap "Library".
- This will show the issues you have stored locally. Do a linger on the one you want to delete and you will be given the option to remove it.

EDIT...Just noticed the entry field for the caption competition doesn't work either, it doesn't pop up a keyboard and is therefore useless.