Price:£54.99 - £69.99+ Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 23 October 2013
I have tried more goals in the garden than I care to mention. My friend's son had used the 6 x 4 version of this goal and said how good it was and how easy it was to pack up and put away, and put back up again.

I got 2 8 x 5 ft goals for each end of the garden as I didn't want to push our lovely neighbours' goodwill any further.

These goals are fabulous. Aswell as the ease of putting up and putting away (not one 'bad' word was uttered from my hubby's mouth) the nets are really strong and withstand the pummelling they get from my boy's very strong left foot.

The metal hoops provided to keep the goals on the ground are really long and haven't come out once and the goals have not budged since we put them in.

Although a little bit pricier than some goals, I wish I had bought these straight away and not wasted other £20/£30 on each of the other goals that haven't lasted 10 minutes.

Can't recommend them highly enough and they were received within 2 days of the order.
on 16 April 2011
My Son wanted a Football goal! My wife wanted my son (Jakes 10) out of the garden (A GOAL IS NOT A GOOD GARDEN ORNAMENT APPARENTLY!) and anyway she wants him down the park with his mates. Personally I wanted to have a kick about with my son when I wanted but wanted him to be able to put it up (AND PUT IT AWAY!!!!)himself so he could feel a little more independent. I'm not there all the time and anyway sometimes I can't be bothered. Tried other football goals for Jake (who is MAD on footie) but they just sat in the garden ALL THE TIME. In the past I have bought a PVC goal (which is still in the Garage as tooooo difficult to put up and it's too bulky anyway). I then tried a metal one (which bent and rusted in one winter so I binned it as Jake didn't want to use it anymore). I came across the Kickster Pro 2000 Ultra Portable Football Goal - 2m at my sons football practice and eventually bought one a couple of years ago (and what a buy it was!), it's been everywhere with us. I leave it in the car just in case he wants a kick about when we go out for a walk or when we go to The Beach or the Caravan. It's surprising how simple The Kickster idea is and how light and easy it is to put up and put away (sorry but its a family joke that even my wife can put it up in 2 minutes and she hates football!). Jake uses it far more than if it was sat in one place. I'd say it's been used at least once every week during the winter but it's used all the time when the weathers right. Anyway I have bought the new and improved version of the Kickster Pro 2000 Ultra Portable Football Goal - 2m. The Kickster Academy 6 Ultra Portable Football Goal, Yellow - 6 x 4 ft so Jake and his Mates can have a PITCH (I know its crazy. When I was younger me and my mates looked for trees for goal posts, or, we took our jumpers off?? I would have loved one of these and I think that's why I am writing this review because it gets the Kids running around, getting them fit and enjoying themselves away from the computer screen. I know I want that for mine so it ticks all the boxes as far as I'm concerned). I am suprised how good the Kickster Academy 6 Ultra Portable Football Goal, Yellow - 6 x 4 ft is (if you dont believe me how good the Kicksters are have a look at the reviews of the kickster 2000's) It's as easy to put up as the original but Jake thinks its even better in the new cool Yellow and the new bag makes it that little bit easier to put away. Anyway I'd say its the perfect buy for Summer! Thinking of buying a Kickster Academy 8x5 for my side of the pitch? I'm a lot bigger than him I can kick the ball harder as well but that's not a problem for them either!!
Size: 6 x 4|Colour: Yellow|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
What can I say about this product that has not already been said by other reviewers? Not a lot. This is a solid product that if looked after will last a great deal of time. It is easy to assemble and easy to take down. It fits into a supplied bag and is small enough to go in the boot or on the back seat of the car. I cannot recommend this item enough. Simple to assemble and well made.

Highly recommended.
on 30 March 2012
I'm truly amazed !!! My little Lad has had many Football Goals in our garden which have quickly disintegrated as he plays football with his pals. 2 sets bought at Christmas died by the end of January and I got a full refund from Argos in March. I decided to buy these little beauties in the hope they would not explode when hit with a ball like all our other football goals have. Really easy to erect, really sturdy, truly portable (took them to the park) and loved by my Son. In summary, don't buy any other football goals as these are definitely the best !!! Many many Thanks.
on 10 December 2012
This goal is great if they assemble and are reasonably straight first time, I have had 5 sets.

Be very careful in assembling the goal as the tubes are a tight fit and the paint will chip off. Under no circumstances try to straighten any bent tubes in particular the bottom bar. I tried to and the tubes fractured and I had to return for replacement which was handled very quickly.

Allow at least 7 minutes for assembly and 5 mins to get back in the bag.

Once up they are great goals and will withstand powerful shots but assembling and dismantling on a regular basis wil take its toll on the thin walled tubes.

I would not leave outdoors for a sustained period as the slide in joints will not be protected and will rust.

My tip: build it and store it somewhere dry then its top drawer.
on 29 July 2013
This is the 2nd goal we have bought, the first time we got the smaller version. Sometimes the goal got used on concrete which eventually led to the plastic supports wearing out which ultimatley caused the goal to break and made it unusable. I was though, very impressed with the concept and got the next size up as a replacement, this time I used some duck tape to add an extra few layers to the plastic supports which seems to have done the trick. Our goal is up all the time so I have also left the plastic wrapping on over the joins on the back to stop it from rusting so it is easier to take down should we need.

Overall I would recommend the goal, much better than the plastic or metal alternatives which seem to break very easily. Very light and easy to move around, my son and his friends oftern just pick it up and walk it down to the local park for a kick about.
on 8 March 2016
A decent sized goal for a 9yr old. I purchased this as a replacement for a steel framed goal we had been using in our garden for years. I was dubious about whether this would be a good replacement.
The item arrived with a very fast delivery and comes with a nice carry bag making it easy to transport. The bag has never been used as this goal has remained up since it was erected.
The instructions were very easy to follow and my son was using the goal within about 10-15 minutes of unpacking. It has been out in all weathers, through the summer, the winter, rain and snow and still looks good. It stays in position by using a number of supplied U shaped pegs and stands up well to heavy footballs hammering the back of the net when my teenage sons play with it with their friends.
It is definitely easier to erect and disassemble than a steel framed variant and much more portable. For older children if space allows I would go for a larger size, but this has been perfect for my 9yr old son and my teenagers do not complain.
on 29 July 2013
Had purchased a few goals in the pass and all fell apart after a few months however, this one seems to stand up to the goal shooting kids in my clan. Very easy to assemble/disassemble, took no more than 5 minutes, comes with a case so you can transport from the garden to the park if needed. Well worth the money and would recommend to anyone to buy for the little ones up to about 10 year olds.
on 1 June 2012
Having read the reviews previously posted and watched the video clip I decided to purchase this for my son aged 11. His previous goal the click together tube type which he had had in the garden for a couple of years before it finally gave up the ghost. The goal arrived very quickly well in time for his birthday. It took several minutes to put up the first time but now does only take the 2 minutes advertised. My son loves the goal especially as he can take put it up in the garden, take it away on holiday or down the park due to its compact packaging. It seems pretty sturdy having tried it out in the garden. The only downside hence 4 stars is that the velcro straps that hold the net tight to the frame sometimes come undone allowing the ball to pass under the net. Apart from that its a great goal for the size of our garden at a great price.
on 20 August 2016
Have been using this for some time now with my little boy. He absolutely loves it and has footballing friends and they use it all the time. A bit tricky to set up at first, but after a does get the hang of it. Fairly stable and sturdy and the boys don't hold back when it comes to shooting! Happy with the product.

PS...I've seen the bigger version used for football training with some football coaches. Cannot comment on quality etc., but if they use it, it can't be bad.