on 3 September 2015
This puzzle is not for the faint-hearted, but is perfect if you like a jigsaw challenge! The sheer range of brands and colours make it fiendishly difficult, but totally addictive, and it makes a great picture when it is complete. Would highly recommend for real jigsaw fanatics!
on 3 January 2014
'Twas the night before New Year's Day
When all through the house.....
All were drinking and generally being merry!
And as The Bells rang out and the countdown began.......
Suddenly a shriek was heard.........

"Just one more piece.....before 2014"!
Yay - completed - my brand new jigsaw! (So where has the last year gone?)

Seriously, this is a good quality jigsaw and with all those packets, tins and bottles of various substances orderly lined up you would be mistaken in thinking that this was a dawdle!
It certainly had its moments but was a fantastic New Year's Eve talking point with everyone reminiscing of days gone by as Auld Lang Syne faded out and Duran Duran took over, in the background!

'Wizard Yoghurt Mousse', anybody?

ooOoo

'Memories of the 1980s' - '1980s SHOPPING BASKET' - GIBSONS - G7034
1000 high quality piece JIGSAW

The finished product measures roughly 68.5 cm x 49 cm, and fits comfortably on my PortaPuzzle.
The pieces come safely wrapped and in a high quality box measuring around 41.5 cm x 29.75 cm, the reverse of which has some snippets of what was going on at this time - history, I guess you could call it 'though, to me, it seems like yesterday in some respects.

There is also a note re 'The Robert Opie Series', which inspired this jigsaw.....and, oh my(!).....there are others to collect, namely:

1950s SHOPPING BASKET
1960s SHOPPING BASKET
1970s SHOPPING BASKET

Please don't tempt me - back to the reality on Monday!
on 16 June 2016
Really good quality Jigsaw.

Clear image, good box and a real challenge.

However, one gripe.

Our puppy (10 months) decided while I was called away to deal with something with the PC to chew beyond saving 3 or 4 pieces. I was about 25 pieces from completion.
on 12 June 2013
bought this for my daughter as a gift and she loved it, she really enjoyed looking at the changes of packaging over the years, she was happy so i am too, it was a great gift for her.

the jigsaw was very well made and the printed image was clear bright, the jigsaw was cut nice so peices fitted together very well.

i would recommend this it was fun to do the jigsaw as a family too
on 24 August 2015
Great jigsaw. Was like being in the kitchen cupboard back when I was a kid. The pieces them selves are well made too. No splitting. And there was no drama getting to the end and finding pieces missing.
on 28 May 2014
Great colourful nostalgic theme and purchased for the wife again for peace and quiet. She finished it in record time -a few days which showed it was good. Nice picture and quality from Gibson. Great value from Amazon and arrived in no time at all!
on 1 July 2014
I liked this puzzle very much. It's as expected from Gibsons, with thick pieces that are different enough between them that it doesn't cause you to place them mistakenly.

I have only one complaint: the box obscures the top left part of the picture, so it's a bit trickier to complete that part of the puzzle. For the most part, colours match the image, but not alway.

It's a bit harder to complete than others I've done in the past, but this was a welcome challenge.

All in all, I recommend this product, especially for those who remember 80's products.
on 14 October 2014
This is the puzzle i have always wanted to do as a child growing up in the 80s this will remind me of the things
we used to buy, my hobby is doing puzzles so i will really enjoy doing this one. The delivery was very good the product came well before it said the date to be dispatched.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 15 January 2013
This is the third of these retro puzzles that I have bought within the last month, following hot on the heels of 'Sweet Memories of the 70s' and its colleague from the 80s. I have to say, it was my least favourite of the three. It is a clever design and the jigsaw itself is well-made and of very high quality. From a 'retro' point of view however, it has one or two flaws.

First and foremost, as a teenager in the 80s, I have very little nostalgia for the various different washing powders and cleaning products that this puzzle seems so proud to be able to show me. When I was reluctantly dragged grocery shopping in the 80s my only priority was to negotiate my way into a Booty Bag or a half a dozen Wham! bars. The packaging of pantry items is nowhere near as evocative as the wrappers on the sweets from this time period, although the drink cans shown do their best to make up for this. Having said that though, I was able to motor through the puzzle without reference to the lid of the box, being able to identify the most obscure brands and products simply from a tiny fragment of writing or a logo. I can only assume that was all subliminally obtained while I was watching the commercials either side of 'Never The Twain'. No wonder advertising is such big business.

As a jigsaw puzzle, this is a lovely image to complete. Because of the design of it, there is not much room for confusion, as the pieces only fit where they are supposed to and it is fairly easy to identify the various products according to their colour, even if you can't immediately remember the item itself. It took an evening to complete and was enjoyable enough. But I found the nostalgia-value of the other two jigsaws made them a lot more enjoyable to complete. I suppose it all depends on how much you want to be reminded of the washing powders of the 80s...
on 14 December 2013
Pieces are very good quality, took me two days to complete the majority of it...still a few bits to do. Much more interesting than putting something with lots of sky, sea or greenery together.

See one answered question