on 6 July 2015
Really good mouse. I was on an optical before this and the difference is amazing! It's really responsive and the weights supplied with it meant I could add enough weight for it to feel comfortable. The customization through the anker program - the one you download from their website - is so useful. Having the ability to change the sensitivity saved me! Not being used to a lazer mouse I had to turn it down a notch. Now it works just fine.
The only cons are the buttons on the side next to the thumb rest - I had to turn off because I was clicking them all the time, they're in, for me, a bad position. The other button that's in a really annoying position is the one that ramps up the sensitivity. It's in the middle just behind the mouse wheel.
I'm always accidentally hitting it forcing the sensitivity sky high, sure clicking it a few times puts it back, but it would be nice to not have to do it every 10 minutes.
on 2 December 2014
I originally bought this for my son who loves it. He says its very responsive and loves the weights included to personalise it. He took it with him to uni so I've now bought another one for him to use when he's home. A great gaming mouse that I would recommend from a great make.
on 26 August 2015
A very good mouse for the price. Just as good as my old Logitech G5, yet a much cheaper purchase. It has more programmable buttons than the G5, a greater dpi, a good weight to it and feels nice in your hand. Very impressed!
on 1 November 2013
Using the Anker gaming mouse has been a great experience so far. The high precision is exactly what I was looking for. The shape of the mouse looks a bit unwieldy in the pictures, but when it's in front of you the mouse is a comfortable hold. My friend, when using my mouse, said that it was too big to handle properly, so if you're used to smaller mice, it might take a while to get used to.

Overall, a great purchase.
i have been using this mouse for well over 2 years now, easily the best mouse i have ever used, 5 stars!
on 9 December 2013
i am very happy with this item, easy to use and set up, just runs freely through my hand, good item
on 24 April 2017
whyy you no make any more :'( mine got broke
A little introduction about me and my previous mouse:
I have owned and still own the Logitech MX revolution, which in my eyes is the best multimedia mouse out there in the market. For the last 2 years I've tried telling myself there could be another mouse out there - each time I've gone into a store and tried another mouse, my first reaction was "meh, nothing special" or "that razer mouse is way too expensive for what it offers".

The Anker mouse - Design:
The form factor is something I absolutely love. Very comfortable, and with the weights that you can adjust it can be customised to your liking.

Customisation:
This mouse can be customised, with up to 9 different keys - making it incredibly useful for any type of game. It also has a MACRO functionality that allows it to register your clicks and movements.
One of the main features of this mouse, and the eye candy behind it is the light colour on the anker logo - this can be changed to any colour of your preference, via the software provided.
The profile switching is also very useful with a button located at the bottom of the mouse, allowing you to switch between your two mouse profiles, very efficiently.

Accuracy and speed:
With an incredible 8000 DPI and 1000HZ polling rate, this mouse is one of the top dogs for precision. Although realistically I can't see anyone using it at 8000 DPI, and more like me at 2000 DPI, however the accuracy and response time of this mouse is outstanding. No lag, no input lag, no flaws, no jittery motion - in other words, it excels in doing what it is supposed to do.

Software:
The software is very good, and has no glitches. When you purchase the mouse it doesn't come with a CD, however it is downloadable online. Personally I prefer that as the latest drivers and softwares can always be found up-to-date online.

Now going into pros and cons:
It is very hard to find any problems with this mouse, as it is brilliant but if I have to be extremely picky, I can name a few.

Pros:
-Price
-Weight customisable
-Light customisable
-9 Buttons to customise
-Sensitivity
-Precision
-Form factor and design
-Grip on the left side by the thumb
-Excellent software
-Macro capabilities
-Great customer service by Anker & LaptopMate

Cons:
-Anker logo colour switch is hidden when in you, as you hand covers it - thus it would have been nice to be able to customise either/or the DPI switch and scroll wheel colours too.
-Profile switch is located at the bottom - realistically I much prefer this, however I know some might prefer it to be more accessible at the top of the mouse
-When saving and applying changes on the software, it magically changes the DPI level on profile 1, but not profile 2
-When saving and applying changes on the software, it magically changes the scrolling lines within Windows to level 8
-Overall cable length (could be an extra 0.5m longer)

Overall:
This mouse is outstanding, not only for the value of £25-30 (as I would gladly pay £50 for this mouse), but also for its functionalities and other capabilities.
It has now replaced my MX revolution as my main mouse. I absolutely love it, and NEVER would have thought a mouse could have swayed me off my beautiful MX, but this Anker did just that. Top marks to Anker 10/10, I would happily recommend this to anyone looking for a mouse, not only gamers but multimedia users like myself that occasionally game.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
1111 Comments| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 September 2014
I've had this mouse for a little over a year now, and it still works pretty well. It's comfortable to use and works well even without a driver, as the profiles and settings are stored on the device itself, and not within software; this pleases me greatly as I use Linux most of the time. The only irritation is that the mouse requires windows software to configure, but that's a necessary evil that I'm happy to put up with.

This mouse loses a star, because the build quality isn't as good as I'd like. After a few months of gaming use, my middle mouse button no longer works upon being depressed. That is to say, it works for scrolling just fine, but it no longer acts as a middleclick. This is less of a problem for this mouse however, as there's a button right next to the middle mouse button, that I was able to set to act as a new middle mouse button.

Another instance of the build quality not living up to my expectations, is the middle button the /side/ of the mouse. This button has seen heavy daily use, as I use it as a push-to-talk key for a voice communication program. It still works well enough, but the button no longer makes a proper tactile 'click' when pressed, and requires much less force to press than it used to (it's been worn in, basically.)

Another issue, that doesn't affect me so much but may be a deciding factor for others, is that the software used to configure it doesn't work with macros properly. It may have been updated and fixed since I tried it some months ago, but the macros can't be manually defined; you have to record them by pressing buttons on the mouse, and you can't adjust the delay between actions either, despite the software showing you what the delay is.

Aside from these relatively minor issues it's a great mouse and as such it receives a solid 4 stars from me.

Additional information:
The lights can't be disabled, and the one behind the Anker logo can only be dimmed/colour changed, not turned off. Furthermore, the other lights can't change colour.

There's a button on the bottom of the mouse (non-programmable) that switches between the two profiles that the mouse can store on its hardware, if you'd rather not use one of the programmable buttons for that.
on 17 January 2013
The review from TotallydubbedHD really covers all of the points and I would suggest anyone read this. I just wanted to add my own personal review of this product as I am very impressed after using it for a few days now.

First off, I'm not a gamer. However I have Anker products and this is a brand I trust, so getting this mouse as a replacement to my 'dumb' mouse was really an easy decision and I would recommend this to anyone.

While slightly larger than my old mouse it fits perfectly into the palm of my hand. The grip point by the thumb is a nice addition to ensure your thumb sits nicely in the right spot with the customisable buttons neatly resting above (the middle button above the thumb also has some ridges to help easily identify which button is which without looking). The mouse glides well over any surface and doesn't seem to collect grime on the pads as easily as my old mouse. As mentioned in TdHD's review the Anker logo light is completely customisable to be off or have different breathing speeds and colours. The other lights can only change colour (scroll wheel & DPI lights). While the mouse to me was a little light, the addition of a few supplied weights helped tailor this mouse to be just right for me which is a welcome option. Overall a well built, well designed quality mouse which has already raised a few glances and comments in my office.

As mentioned, I am not a PC gamer... But, I do use a PC a lot for Spreadsheets, VBA, all sorts of other stuff. Sometimes I demonstrate what I am doing and it's not easy to have the keyboard at hand. By changing the defaults of some of the button clicks I now have direct access to all of my needed tasks directly by my hand, i.e. highlight the text, click a button on the mouse - text is copied. Click a cell somewhere else, click another button - pasted. Fantastic! While I have no real use for the macro record button (hence why I changed the behaviour) I can see that this would be an excellent option for gamers to easily record a melee attack or any other multi-key stroke behaviour which could give an upper-hand in a game.

Installation was a simple plug and play, then off to the ianker website to download the latest drivers in order to customise the mouse. Once installed it's very intuitive to navigate and select what you want to change.

Ideal users - Obviously gamers. But I will add that anyone who uses keyboard shortcuts, precision software (i.e. photoshop for fine editing thanks to the higher DPI) or just anyone who wants to stand out a little more with a funky mouse sat on their desk will benefit from the features on offer with this mouse. Also of note is that you can have 2 different profiles, so whilst it's not a quick fix to change the weight of the mouse it's simple to setup a profile for 2 people who use a computer and each have your own personal settings configured. Another option would be to say have one profile setup for Windows general (copy, paste, windows button etc.) and another profile for Photoshop with buttons set for shortcuts to certain tasks (or for gamers, a Windows profile, and a WoW etc. profile).

Overall for the price this is on offer for I really don't think you could get much better... Even if you don't need the higher DPI rate (which other mice in this class are much more expensive), it's a useful ability to have. Especially with the toggle button to quickly go between 4 customisable made variables. I've used the word customisable a lot in this review, and this mouse is exactly that. With the ability to change the weight, lighting, button press functions, DPI, scroll speed/acceleration it really means you can do what you want,when you want. Kudos to Anker for the quality of the product in a price range that needs no second-thought on purchasing. Seriously, if you are reading this then you must be interested in the product (or looking for a mouse of sorts). You won't find anything better in it's class and I would suggest the 'Buy now' or 'Add to basket' button should be the next one you click.

Nearly forgot to mention, excellent service from LaptopMate! Product was well packaged and delivery was fast from the date of order.

At a request here are the options available to change the mouse buttons to act as:
Click
Right Click
Middle Button
Forward
Backward
Single Key (Select the keyboard key which should be triggered, eg the Windows button)
Combo Key (select a keyboard Combo to run, e.g. Ctrl B for bold)
Basic Options - Cut
- Volume Down
- Mute
- Mute Microphone
Macro - Macro Manager
- Macro # (you can select which pre-recorded macro should be performed)
DPI Switch
Macro Play
Macro Record
DPI +
DPI -
Profile Switch
Disable
77 Comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse