on 28 December 2012
Took a bottle each to mine and the inlaws family Christmas and it was loved by all. Smooth and fruity. Best description is that it tastes like black forest gateau. Lovely. I will be getting more.
22 Comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 February 2013
I do not drink but when I saw this no offer I thought I would take a punt. This is very nice for my taste buds and the chocolate taste you get at he end of it and the lovely warming feeling running down you. Gave some to some colleagues at work and most really liked it. Not like a Baileys or Kahlua more of a Liquer.
on 18 December 2012
I came across this chocolate wine in the good food show last year. After trying many other brands, I wholeheartedly recommend Rubis.

Velvety smooth and not too sweet that it's sickly. Chocolate taste comes through without being overpowering. Perfect drink for the festive season and any other time for that matter.

Cheers!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 8 December 2015
I went out to dinner with a friend recently and we were served this at the end of the meal. Oh my Lord, a fusion of chocolate and wine - it definitely doesn't get much better. I don't normally go for sweet wines; I find them way too sickly. This is different. From the first the aroma hits you, and what an aroma, a deep rich chocolate with the underlying spiciness of a good wine. It's a fortified wine, though, more like a port or sherry, with a distinctly pleasant kick to it. A steely shouldered little number. I fell in love that night with the Rubis, not with the friend who is now history. Now, I am planning to spread the love and treat my friends and family (only those who have given me presents) to a snifter or two at Christmas (assuming I don't neck it all before then - it has been known). Cheers. Slainte. Salud. Bottoms up! However you say it, enjoy! PS: This twin pack seems to be the best value out there, but I think it's a limited offer, so get you some now (but leave the bulk for me! Yes, yes, I'm a pig. It's been said before.)
on 21 April 2013
Being quite a fan of both chocolate and red wine, I thought I'd give this a go after seeing just how many 5* reviews it had. How glad I am!!

I took a bottle with me for an after-dinner drink with the family after a sunday roast. It went down an absolute treat. The closest thing I can compare it to is Baileys, but I personally prefer it to Baileys. It is a really deep chocolate flavour, not too sweet, and is perfect at room temperature. It says it can be tried with a glass and ice but it was gone before we could experiment. We had it in double shot glasses and I'd say that is the perfect amount. You don't drink the same amount you would red wine as it would get sickly.

Also at only just over £10 it makes a perfect present for just about anyone. Given a couple as gifts and the praise back is always overwhelming with them buying some more themselves.

Overall, I strongly recommend it!!
on 24 December 2016
We have tried other chocolate wines but none come close to the flavour of Rubis. It used to be available locally but the supplier sold off stocks cheaply at £3 a bottle! After we finished that we are having to pay the going price which although expensive makes it a real treat.
on 14 December 2014
Words can barely describe just how fantastic this stuff is, and in my 30 years on the planet never have I put something quite so delicious in my face. Move over mulled wine and eggnog, this stuff is pure Christmas in a glass.

If you like wine or chocolate, both or neither, it doesn't matter. There is simply no way any sane human can not enjoy this.

The only down side is that it's quite rich, and gets a bit sickly by the end of your second pint. I guess one more down side is that drinking by said pint prompts judgement from friends and family.
on 16 November 2016
Went to Cardiff shopping centre a few weeks ago, the usual stall giving away free tasters of this wine. My first thought was to drink as many freebies as possible and be on my way. However this drink was great, I could go as far as saying amazing, smooth chocolate taste and was not over powering, ideal as I am hosting Christmas this year and thought would be a great after dinner drink. Yes I had four freebies, however ended up purchasing two bottles for £30 - I think, but at the time thought this was a bargain. Asked if I wanted more, where would I purchase, yep you right, Amazon, great to see that I can purchase two bottles for £20, however I still have to pay an extra £5 for postage and packaging, an overall saving of £5. Not bad, if you like good wine, this defiantly for you. You wont be disappointed.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 December 2016
This is really lovely stuff - I'd tried other chocolate flavoured wines in the past and found them to be quite unpleasant,either sickly or overpowering. When I saw Rubis was a lightning deal and read the excellent reviews I thouth I'd give it a try and am so glad I did! Rubus is sweet and rich without being too much - the aroma alone is almost worth the price! It's a perfect tipple to end a meal with or just to enjoy on a cosy night at home.
on 13 June 2016
Firstly I'd like to congratulate Rubis/Amazon on their amazing packaging. These bottles arrived in perfect condition, without a dent on their box.

The wine itself is pretty rich but not overpowering, it is not super sweet and does not have the thick texture of other chocolate wines. It reminds my partner and I of black forest gateau.

I bought this product as a Christmas presents for a friend and they love it. I feel it is best drank as a flavourful shot rather than a full glass of wine due to its richness (as others have mentioned it is more like port than a wine) but also tastes great poured over vanilla ice cream as a boozy dessert.

This double pack is the best priced that I have seen and very much recommend it as a gift or for your own personal consumption.

What do customers buy after viewing this item?

Best Selling