on 21 February 2017
Oh My!! I don't normally like wine, but I LOVE chocolate. So I thought I'd give this a go, because being an adult, I *need* to start liking wine in order to feel more sophisticated and adulty... This so called 'wine' (as in, the thought of combining wine with chocolate is mind blowing) is an absolute dream! From the moment you open the bottle, you get a glorious whiff of chocolate, then when you take that first sip it's just a rich, velvety, not too sweet (almost like a borderline Black Forest Gateaux) flavour which then goes on to warm your throat and gives you an inside out cuddle. Bought 2, drank 2, gonna now buy more! :)
on 9 May 2017
If you're reading this thinking that chocolate and wine definelty don't sound like a good combination, then you had the same thought process that I did. I can safely say I was very wrong!
This has a delicate taste, not too sweet yet it hits you with a face-full of chocolaty goodness!
VINE VOICEon 15 December 2016
Black forest gateau in liquid form basically. Really nice, but don't plan on drinking the whole bottle in one sitting :-)
on 8 April 2017
yes it is very nice
on 4 September 2014
Amazing drink. One of my favourites. Would highly recommend.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 December 2016
This is really lovely stuff - I'd tried other chocolate flavoured wines in the past and found them to be quite unpleasant,either sickly or overpowering. When I saw Rubis was a lightning deal and read the excellent reviews I thouth I'd give it a try and am so glad I did! Rubus is sweet and rich without being too much - the aroma alone is almost worth the price! It's a perfect tipple to end a meal with or just to enjoy on a cosy night at home.
on 30 June 2016
arrived quickly, and well packaged, but the stuff doesn't taste like chocolate at all, it was awful and took me hours to get taste out of my mouth.
on 28 December 2012
Took a bottle each to mine and the inlaws family Christmas and it was loved by all. Smooth and fruity. Best description is that it tastes like black forest gateau. Lovely. I will be getting more.
22 Comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 November 2016
Went to Cardiff shopping centre a few weeks ago, the usual stall giving away free tasters of this wine. My first thought was to drink as many freebies as possible and be on my way. However this drink was great, I could go as far as saying amazing, smooth chocolate taste and was not over powering, ideal as I am hosting Christmas this year and thought would be a great after dinner drink. Yes I had four freebies, however ended up purchasing two bottles for £30 - I think, but at the time thought this was a bargain. Asked if I wanted more, where would I purchase, yep you right, Amazon, great to see that I can purchase two bottles for £20, however I still have to pay an extra £5 for postage and packaging, an overall saving of £5. Not bad, if you like good wine, this defiantly for you. You wont be disappointed.
on 13 June 2016
Firstly I'd like to congratulate Rubis/Amazon on their amazing packaging. These bottles arrived in perfect condition, without a dent on their box.

The wine itself is pretty rich but not overpowering, it is not super sweet and does not have the thick texture of other chocolate wines. It reminds my partner and I of black forest gateau.

I bought this product as a Christmas presents for a friend and they love it. I feel it is best drank as a flavourful shot rather than a full glass of wine due to its richness (as others have mentioned it is more like port than a wine) but also tastes great poured over vanilla ice cream as a boozy dessert.

This double pack is the best priced that I have seen and very much recommend it as a gift or for your own personal consumption.