TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 8 December 2015
I went out to dinner with a friend recently and we were served this at the end of the meal. Oh my Lord, a fusion of chocolate and wine - it definitely doesn't get much better. I don't normally go for sweet wines; I find them way too sickly. This is different. From the first the aroma hits you, and what an aroma, a deep rich chocolate with the underlying spiciness of a good wine. It's a fortified wine, though, more like a port or sherry, with a distinctly pleasant kick to it. A steely shouldered little number. I fell in love that night with the Rubis, not with the friend who is now history. Now, I am planning to spread the love and treat my friends and family (only those who have given me presents) to a snifter or two at Christmas (assuming I don't neck it all before then - it has been known). Cheers. Slainte. Salud. Bottoms up! However you say it, enjoy! PS: This twin pack seems to be the best value out there, but I think it's a limited offer, so get you some now (but leave the bulk for me! Yes, yes, I'm a pig. It's been said before.)
on 28 December 2012
Took a bottle each to mine and the inlaws family Christmas and it was loved by all. Smooth and fruity. Best description is that it tastes like black forest gateau. Lovely. I will be getting more.
on 12 February 2013
I do not drink but when I saw this no offer I thought I would take a punt. This is very nice for my taste buds and the chocolate taste you get at he end of it and the lovely warming feeling running down you. Gave some to some colleagues at work and most really liked it. Not like a Baileys or Kahlua more of a Liquer.
on 18 December 2012
I came across this chocolate wine in the good food show last year. After trying many other brands, I wholeheartedly recommend Rubis.

Velvety smooth and not too sweet that it's sickly. Chocolate taste comes through without being overpowering. Perfect drink for the festive season and any other time for that matter.

Cheers!
on 28 November 2015
This wine is yummy and tastes like the chocolate liqueur selection box but in a bottle. Harder to find than the standard stuff the supermarkets sell but so much nicer and comes in a nice quality box ready to gift wrap. Quickly delivered.
on 15 December 2015
Lovely tasting chocolate wine, seems a weird combination but it works. We were given a taster by friends and loved it.
Recommended to other friends who also bought it. Hope that supplies can keep up!
on 29 April 2016
I absolutely love this chocolate wine, it is the best one out there. None of the other chocolate wines can even come close to this one (and I've tried quite a few now!). It may seem a little expensive (I save it for special occasions) but it is well worth the money
on 21 April 2013
Being quite a fan of both chocolate and red wine, I thought I'd give this a go after seeing just how many 5* reviews it had. How glad I am!!

I took a bottle with me for an after-dinner drink with the family after a sunday roast. It went down an absolute treat. The closest thing I can compare it to is Baileys, but I personally prefer it to Baileys. It is a really deep chocolate flavour, not too sweet, and is perfect at room temperature. It says it can be tried with a glass and ice but it was gone before we could experiment. We had it in double shot glasses and I'd say that is the perfect amount. You don't drink the same amount you would red wine as it would get sickly.

Also at only just over £10 it makes a perfect present for just about anyone. Given a couple as gifts and the praise back is always overwhelming with them buying some more themselves.

Overall, I strongly recommend it!!
on 22 January 2016
I am not really a wine drinker, and I always struggle to understand why the bottle will say something like "it has a hint of raspberry with a tone of melon..." All I could taste was just a glass of wine!

But this actually taste like chocolate, an adult version of alcoholic chocolate drink. This went down well after a Christmas meal and I don't like Christmas pudding.
on 7 December 2015
Having been introduced to this wine in a restaurant, I have bought these two as a gift. It's such an unusual taste, red wine with a hint of chocolate, and a really delectable change for a dessert wine. I don't normally like red wine, but I don't know how you could fail with this

See one answered question