on 18 June 2017
This is a wonderful after dinner desert wine. The combination of red wine and chocolate pairs very well with deserts based around chocolate i.e. pears in chocolate sponge etc. It's an unusual combination which works very well. One friend however found they had a very bad headache the following morning even though they had only a small glass. This happened a second time - perhaps they have a problem with the combination of wine mixed with chocolate. The still thought it was delicious!
on 13 June 2016
Firstly I'd like to congratulate Rubis/Amazon on their amazing packaging. These bottles arrived in perfect condition, without a dent on their box.

The wine itself is pretty rich but not overpowering, it is not super sweet and does not have the thick texture of other chocolate wines. It reminds my partner and I of black forest gateau.

I bought this product as a Christmas presents for a friend and they love it. I feel it is best drank as a flavourful shot rather than a full glass of wine due to its richness (as others have mentioned it is more like port than a wine) but also tastes great poured over vanilla ice cream as a boozy dessert.

This double pack is the best priced that I have seen and very much recommend it as a gift or for your own personal consumption.
on 12 July 2017
OK so I wasn't sure if this would taste like heaven or like drinking liquid poo BUT I am most impressed. The bottles are gorgeous, it was a rubber Cork so I don't mangle my fingers with a Cork screw whilst shouting to the gods and singing the song of my people...
It smells fantastic, tangy with undertones of sweet chocolate heaven. (almost made me dribble) it tastes sweet but not too much, there's the typical red wine twang with smooth tastes of chocolate that leaves a pleasant after taste. The only bad side is how much of this product I will now be purchasing. Perfect as a gift or for just drinking at home after a crappy day at work. Highly recommended. Buy more than one bottle... You won't want to share.
review image
on 9 May 2017
If you're reading this thinking that chocolate and wine definelty don't sound like a good combination, then you had the same thought process that I did. I can safely say I was very wrong!
This has a delicate taste, not too sweet yet it hits you with a face-full of chocolaty goodness!
on 21 February 2017
Oh My!! I don't normally like wine, but I LOVE chocolate. So I thought I'd give this a go, because being an adult, I *need* to start liking wine in order to feel more sophisticated and adulty... This so called 'wine' (as in, the thought of combining wine with chocolate is mind blowing) is an absolute dream! From the moment you open the bottle, you get a glorious whiff of chocolate, then when you take that first sip it's just a rich, velvety, not too sweet (almost like a borderline Black Forest Gateaux) flavour which then goes on to warm your throat and gives you an inside out cuddle. Bought 2, drank 2, gonna now buy more! :)
on 29 April 2016
I absolutely love this chocolate wine, it is the best one out there. None of the other chocolate wines can even come close to this one (and I've tried quite a few now!). It may seem a little expensive (I save it for special occasions) but it is well worth the money
on 7 December 2015
Having been introduced to this wine in a restaurant, I have bought these two as a gift. It's such an unusual taste, red wine with a hint of chocolate, and a really delectable change for a dessert wine. I don't normally like red wine, but I don't know how you could fail with this
on 10 June 2017
This is a delicious dessert wine that I had a glass of in a restaurant and just had to buy some. Goes great with desserts that have a obviously a chocolate or say creamy structure.....as opposed to say a citrus base that are more suited to say a Muscat type grape.
on 31 March 2016
WIFE loves this wine if she!s a good girl might buy her more for xmas
VINE VOICEon 15 December 2016
Black forest gateau in liquid form basically. Really nice, but don't plan on drinking the whole bottle in one sitting :-)