on 2 April 2012
What can I say? I got this while it was free, but having read it would happily have paid full price and more for it.

This story of a little girl called Emma, and her mothers determination not to give up till she finds her was beautiful. I read it in one day as I couldn't put it down and couldn't wait to find out what happened.
The characters are loveable, and Emma is adorable.

A beautiful, heart-wrenching story.
on 8 January 2013
This book held me entranced the whole way through! I started it at 4pm and didn't put it down until I finished it the same night!! Definitely recommend!!!
44 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 April 2012
I Purchased the book as freebie , it held me spell bound I highly recommend it and was sorry when the story ended
on 11 April 2012
Like all the other reviewers I could not put the book down and thought maybe this was written with maybe a hint of truth here and there as though the author had experience of the subject.The writing was so good you could feel yourself being an onlooker to the events as they unfolded through out the story.I look forward to reading the sequel
on 2 April 2013
This story was breathe taking...I have never cried so hard so I did with book...this book was a page turner from start to finish...the ending was great...what that family went through was a heartbreak...It showed how a family can cope, hope and get through the tragedy that they endured...The best I have read I a long time...:)
on 10 June 2013
I really, really wanted to like this book. The concept is brilliant and, in the right hands, could have been an amazing novel. Sadly, these are far from the right hands.

The characters are two dimensional with the emotional depth of a puddle, the men being marginally better than the women. There is no suspense and the writing is clunky. What a shame that a great idea has been executed so badly.
on 14 June 2014
Although it's undoubtedly a pretty gripping idea, this book was really poorly written. I knew what was coming at every turn, there was no satisfaction in finishing it. And despite it being a very simple plot (which in itself isn't necessarily a bad thing- though sadly in this case it made it tedious, boring, predictable) it was actually quite confusingly written.
on 10 April 2012
I bought this on impulse and I'm so glad I did. I would defy anyone to read it without a lump in their throat. Emma's story is told from two points of view - the family who lost her and the family who took her. It is impossible not to feel compassion for both. I look forward to the sequel.
on 30 December 2012
Read this book in two days! If you have kids this will pull at your heart strings!! Easy reading, very cute!
on 8 April 2012
this book is beautifully written and will have you glued to the story from the start,if only all our missing children's stories were the same,very thought provoking,a moving story.