Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 28 April 2016
The reason why I chose this over others, apart from the great price, was that it comes in black, white and red. I know that these are the first colours that babies can see so thought it would be a bit more beneficial for Erin at this stage. This particular activity spiral is suitable from birth so it's a great starter for any baby really because at least they'll be able to see the colours early on, compared with a brighter spiral.

The main part of the spiral is 32cm long when pulled out. The actual spiral has two different designs on the material; one side is black and white striped while the other has a red background with white spots. The spiral has two puffed out ends, one of which has spots and the other one has stripes the match the other patterns on the toy. The spiral is designed to be used on pushchairs, car seats and prams but unfortunately, it comes delivered quite tight and I am yet to get it stretched out. This doesn't matter too much at the minute but when Erin plays with it more, it will get quite annoying as the toys end up being bunched together instead of being spread out.

The toys are really cute and match the rest of the spiral. Each toy hangs down from the main spiral by some ribbon. The ribbon isn't very long at all though and it doesn't stretch, meaning a child has to be quite close to it to be able to play with it. For young babies like Erin, they need things they can pull towards them and this isn't ideal for that. Erin has to be sat right down in her pram at the moment to even be able to reach spiral which is not ideal at all.

Although not easy to reach when in her pram, Erin does enjoy the toys when she can play with them. The red and black flower has a see through plastic middle which has smaller pieces inside, making it into a rattle. The ladybird is covered in soft material but has a hard bell inside and Erin loves shaking this one about and making a racket. Although the bell is really hard and would probably hurt if the child accidentally hit themselves with it, it makes the toy easier to grab hold of. The third toy is a baby safe mirror which has little ribbon taggies coming off the bottom. Erin isn't really a fan of mirrors yet and tends to ignore this toy, I think because it doesn't make any noise.

As nice as this product looks, it isn't as good as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, Erin likes it when she can play with it but it's not that easy for her yet. Considering this is suitable from birth, I think the toys should be easier to reach. I can't give this more than 3 stars because the design is just a bit silly for the age of child it's aimed at.
review image review image
on 5 February 2014
My baby was mesmerised by this toy age 4-5 weeks. Sits on handle of maxi cosi toy & doesn't drag on floor of shops when handle back like some other dangly toys. Does slip off to the side of handle but I think all toys of this style. Can be held in place if you put up the black wind shield that's built into car seat.

3 stars rather than 5 because I think it's quite expensive & already at 9 weeks he seems to be enjoying a bigger selection of bright primary colours, not sure how much longer this will be suitable.
on 25 January 2015
Lovely and very handy. Baby likes the attachments. I can't seem to stretch out the loops very far at all though! I've seen others that are stretched so perhaps it's a question of him playing with them more.. certainly decorative for a plain or dark buggy/car seat etc.
on 10 January 2015
This was not as it appeared in images on here or on the mamas and papas site. It came bunched together and despite many attempts will not stretch out further than approximately 15cm. Two of the attachments are also attached to one spiral so hang on top of one another. Some stuffing is also coming out which brings me to question the authenticity of the product.
on 25 December 2014
I bought this back in April for my baby who was born in June. I was never particularly impressed by the quality of the toy, but on a recent trip to a Mamas and Papas store I saw their version of the toy and it is really lovely - much better quality and far superior. I wish I'd bought directly from Mamas and Papas and would urge anyone else to do this. This toy is very expensive for what looks like a cheap knock off.
on 28 June 2014
My son has loved this since birth, the black and white patterns are perfect for his development. He's just started to hit the toys (the ladybug has a bell and the flower rattles) and he studies the mirror intently! Very happy with it.
on 13 January 2015
Fantastic, black and white are the first "colours" a baby notices, and I gave this to my 4 week old niece and she was besotted with it. Haven't seen anything else like this on the market.
on 31 March 2015
Not used did not fit babies car seat, the toys attached to ribbons too long so hit baby in the face. Expensive item not fit for purpose, disappointed.
on 31 December 2013
Wow Another great bright mamas and papas item ... Love it , nice and moderne looking for my pram too
on 6 September 2014
Great quality and keeps my daughter entertained for a while. Looks modern too.