on 16 December 2014
I like this monitor so much I thought I'd write my first review about it. Firstly, the picture quality is excellent. There are a few reviews that mention duff pixels but there are none on my monitor. The image is really sharp and, to my eyes at least, the colours are bright and natural with no adjustments to the out-of-the-box settings.

Secondly, and also worthy of mention is that, in addition to european and UK mains leads, are included a VGA cable and an HDMI to DVI cable.

Don't be put off by warnings of a bright blue screen with no input as this soon goes off and the monitor goes into standby within a few seconds as you would expect.

It's no surprise that the sound quality is not up to that of separate speakers but it's good enough for the occasional iPlayer visit and keeps the desk clutter free.
on 2 December 2014
I bought this monitor as part of my son's new gaming set up. After reading reviews I decided this would be a good buy. My son loves it and the 1 ms response rate is great when he's playing his first person shooting games. The base feels slightly flimsy when the monitor is installed on it but once it's sat on your desk it's perfectly fine and stable. The display is nice and sharp. And the colours are crisp.
on 18 April 2016
Using 3 of these For my setup they look amazing the super thin bezels make the surround feel great. Screen coloring is lovely very Bright Sharp images way better than my Old BenQ monitors! Only complaint is the Backlight Bleed when the screens go black you can see the Backlight Slightly showing through the screen.

I recommend this monitor for Dual / Triple monitor setups If you wish to purchase a single monitor spend about £250 and you can get a lot better otherwise i love these monitors
on 1 May 2017
I love this monitor. For the price the picture quality is excellent. Mostly used for using MS office with work, but also play games on it too, i highly recommend it for both uses!!
on 6 March 2017
A very good monitor with great picture. The buttons to turn it on are a little small but that's the only negative from my perspective. Would recommend.
on 17 June 2017
Great monitor! Using for gaming connecting my PS4 and also connecting my laptop to game, geraral work and surfing the internet. Shame it's (old) now and can't get another.
on 16 February 2016
Love this monitor. Put it on Theater mode and watch it shine.
Gaming is awesome on it as well because of the low latency.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 30 October 2014
Sent back a monitor due to stuck pixels and light leakage, got a replacement very fast but I got the exact same problem again
on 2 May 2013
I've had this monitor for around 2 months now. My previous Samsung SM226BW 22" monitor died on me after 5 years, so I forceably in the market for something new. After looking around a few options and checking out some reviews, I plumped for the Asus model. So my impressions so far

1. Packaging/construction - Excellent. Very well packaged (as you'd maybe expect for a monitor!). The two piece construction is so simple that even my mum could do it. No screwdrivers or anything needed. This is definitely one for the casual PC user. My only small complaint is that the stand part is a little unstable. It's not possible for it to fall over or anything like that. But if you have a desk that gets bumped (kids!) or is a little wobbly - then this monitor will sway a little. Maybe I was just spoiled with my previous monitor with a huge base and almost infinite stability! Still, it's a very very minor complaint.

2. Setup - the full 1920x1080 HD settings took me a little playing around and a little googling in order to get setup. Happy to put this down to my own graphics card (radeon 5770) rather than the monitor. Did get it setup correctly in the end.

3. Pixel issue - I went over my monitor very thoroughly and I don't see any dead pixels at all, so no issues there. I feel it's useful to state, as it's common to see more reviews of a product when people get an issue - and this seems to be a commonly reported one. It's not one that I've encountered.

4. Quality - After the little setup, I'm incredibly impressed with this monitor. Coming from a 1680x1050 monitor, the extra space onscreen is superb. The display quality is fabulous. I've no reason to doubt the reported 1ms response time. While I haven't done anything like full performance testing, I do play FPS games like Battlefiend 3. I've found my response times to be absolutely fine.

5. Price - I think the price of this monitor is great. I bought it at £175 (looks to be cheaper now) which was a great price compared to it's peers.

Note - doesn't take normal DVI input, it has 2xHD input. You are provided with a DVI-HD cable. I think this is great as it offers the option to plug true HD players into the monitor. This isn't something i've tested, but it's definitely a plus worth noting.

Overall, I don't think I've ever been as happy with a monitor as I am with this one. I think the combination of quality with price is just unmatched at the current moment. If I could get a PC desk with a little more room - I'd definitely be getting a 2nd one of these (subject to girlfriend approval....)
44 Comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 February 2016
Absoloutly amazing monitors. Worth every penny. Only downside is that there is a small black border across each side of the screen but it's barely noticeable. However, when you know it's there it is slightly distracting. I've attached some photos.
review image review image