on 24 January 2014
My 15" MacBook Pro keeps slipping off the stand very slowly, but continuously. It already fell on the floor once because of that. Luckilly it had a soft landing, and so nothing happened.

On the box it claims to be suitable for all MacBooks up to the 15" one. Thats definitely not true.

So nice it looks, I cannot recommend it to anyone using a 15" MB Pro.

For a 13" it is perfect though, thus the two stars.
on 26 January 2016
Really smart product which compliments the style of the Macbook. I purchased this because a colleagues mac was overheating due to having two monitors plugged into it all day long when he was in the office. The stand has a heatsink style material on top of it to draw heat away from the mac in a very strategic position. Also, because there is limited contact around the base of the mac it allows air to circulate nicely around the base of the machine which also helps with cooling. This was definitely a good investment; a smart and well made product.
on 24 July 2014
Looks good, but too wobbly, no matter how I adjusted the tension. Don't use it all. Ended up buying another one from Amazon (Rain Design mStand 360 Notebook Stand with Swivel for 13 inch MacBook and 15-17 inch MacBook Pro).
on 27 May 2014
This is a neat and functional Macbook stand. It looks great on my desk and helps bring it up to height next to an external monitor. I've put mine at max-height and haven't adjusted it since but the initial adjustment was easy. I have had no issues with the laptop sliding off (Retina Macbook 13"). I am using a bluetooth Apple keyboard & mouse. Would recommend to others.
on 3 October 2015
This was at the start a great idea, I'm now 4 months in and it's the most irritating stand I've encountered. If you get any and I mean any dust near the rubber top it's useless. Why? Well you place your MacBook on top of it and over an hour it's slides down on its own momentum, your sitting there thinking" is my eyesight going funny" nope it's the stand. Attempted cleaning and it's not worth the hassle.
Finally the crude Spring has had it too, holding for about 90 minutes before starting to give way and your laptops on its way back up.
on 30 January 2015
After a few months my macbook pro constantly slips off the stand. Return date has now expired. Very disappointed.
on 16 January 2014
Saves me hunching over my desk. You will need to use a separate keyboard and mouse as it's not quite stable enough to use for typing. Would recommend getting Bluetooth to save having wires hanging out of the beautiful MacBook.
It can be used for other laptops as well.
The laptop sits on it without sliding and looks great.
The reason it did not hit the full five stars is that the one I received has a slight lisp to one side when fully extended, maybe a revised model could have a slightly extended travel so that the correct height could be achieved without reaching the top of the travel.
on 18 June 2016
Poor quality.

I received my stand with scratches although the box and package were not damaged. The stand wasn't even straight, leaning on its left side by a couple of degrees (seems small but you definitely see it). Oh and yes you can adjust the height, and maybe it's not made to change often but I wouldn't any way because of the sound and the quality feel. I wouldn't want to risk breaking it.

I sent it back and I'm going for another one. Poor experience. Only the box was nice...
on 1 April 2015
5-star worthy, held back by an expensive price tag.

I bought this after shortlisting it with the Rain Design mStand. Since I bought the HiRise, I've since started using the mStand at work, and to be honest I don't think I'd be able to choose between the two, it would be simply down to preference.

I've not had any issues with my laptop slipping off, but every time I do put my machine back on the stand I do have to spend a second or two lining it up. I have to do the same with the mStand though, as I can never put the laptop back in the exact same place. Similarly, I've found no need to change the height of the HiRise after initially setting it. The height adjustment is a little bit moot assuming the mStand is at the right height; if not then the HiRise might be more useful.

The HiRise looks the part, but the price is my main complaint. I am sure it could be priced a more affordable amount, but as with most things associated with Apple it seems a little inflated.
on 14 August 2013
The Hi rise stand is very nice looking and suits the appearance of apple products. Out of other macbook stands I have seen this definitely looks the best. It is a strong support and grips the macbook, allowing no sliding whatsoever. It is easily adjusted, bringing my macbook to the same height as my external monitor. I have to say I wouldn't pay £59.99 for it I think that is overpriced. I was lucky enough to get it for half that price brand new which is about what it should be. But if you want a stunning stand because you have an external monitor and your willing to pay whatever price you can get it for then this is a must have!