on 30 July 2013
Only been out with it a few times but helping my game already.
Particularly useful when playing new courses.
Battery life fine, big enough screen for me to see and I would normally need my glasses on.
Overall, very impressed. Going to try "measure shot" and odometer features next time out as haven't got round to them yet.
Pleased with my purchase
on 12 August 2013
Pleasing colours make this watch seem less cumbersome than the black version. I have used it many times, at my own course as well as at others and it has operated accurately. If you are determined to reduce your scores, you must treat yourself to this item. You can measure the distance of your shots on your practice facility and take that knowledge out onto the course, ready for your shots into the green. This has shaved shots off my game, without a doubt. I have (at last!) been accused of being a 'bandit!' Excellent item, I recommend the seller, fastest despatch ever.
on 26 April 2014
For many years I would hit a ball with little or no confidence as to how far I could actually hit it. This I have to say is great as it certainly gives you more confidence as to club selection, but it also brings to my awareness of how I continually under-club. This is an issue with amateur golfers which I hope to address. It has also made me look at club selection in a completely different way. Only time will tell. I will review the watch later on in the year when I have used it more extensively. I can't wait to tell the wife I'm playing 4 times a week now in the interest of science.
on 23 October 2013
At present only used on one course. Apart from taking longer than 60 seconds to pick up satelittes, once locked on gives me far more confidence in club selection, which has improved my game. A very useful addition to golf equipment.
on 14 January 2013
Does exactly what it is supposed to do, finds the course fairly quickly even in the snow and is pretty accurate great xmas present
on 3 June 2013
My husband loves this watch it improved his game by 5 shots. Only negative is even though you have charged it you need to charge again because it doesn't last more than 6 holes.Not sure if anyone else has found this problem
on 3 July 2013
I bought this for my husbands birthday and he loves it! Very easy to set up, looks good and does a brilliant job. Excellent price with superb service and delivery.
on 23 June 2014
my new garmin approach watch has brought new fun and thought to my golf game, having played golf for many years in many countries , i had never considered trying anything different to the traditional clubs and ball equipment. Now at 77 years of age , i am getting pleasure from being more accurate ,by selecting the correct club when i now know the exact distance to the flag, from any part of any course. Using the correct club for me now means striking the ball correctly, and getting real satisfaction when the shot works perfectly.
on 2 October 2013
Excellent design and the wife was very happy with both the colouring and the performance.

Useful for the Golfer who needs less specific details of the Course and it works well over here in belgium.
on 13 June 2014
The product was efficiently delivered on the agreed date and time, and the Garmin Approach S1 golf watch does everything it says it has made my golfing decisions a lot easier. I would not play a round of golf without it now.