on 29 March 2013
I needed a copier that did both sides and this fits the bill perfectly the only thing that lets it down is being a bit slower then most models but that's no probablem to me.
I would recomend theis Item and seller to any one thats why I gave 5 stars say's it all.
on 15 April 2014
I bought this mainly for the ADF scanner as I need it for work but it rarely works for a variety of reasons:
The ADF does not detect the paper.
Dialogue box pops up saying my PC cannot detect the scanner.
When it actually does work it only scans a couple of pages then a dialogue box says there was an "error" and it has lost connection.
"Cannot retrieve image from scanner". Then I lose my whole scan file.
The paper gets jammed.
Dialogue box says there is a jam in the ADF when there is not.
It scans when there is no paper there so I get a scan of blank.
When I hit cancel it gets stuck on cancelling & I can't do anything with it so have to switch it off & start all over again.
I could go on but I need to sleep, been up all night with this useless machine and will have to submit my work report.
The printer has been gapping from the beginning and progressively getting worse then finally the black stopped printing altogether.
They sent me a replacement, I would have preferred a refund. So I finally get around to using the replacement, which I am now dreading to use due to all the previous problems and guess what? The replacement is just the same, gaps in the black print. I've shaken cartridges, realigned/cleaned heads & nozzles but the print is still sketchy. The ink cartridges are difficult to use, you must use expensive Epson ones only & you have to use all coloured cartridges even if you only need black, else it won't work at all. The scanner is not working at all, starts scanning then stops & keeps saying there is a communication error. First and last time I ever buy an Epson printer. Print is dying anyway.
on 5 August 2013
Quick delivery, easy to install, even the fax worked perfectly so was able to communicate with my Mum who is deaf, print quality was really good too
on 19 February 2013
When I bought this product I wanted a wire free model. All the literature I read confirmed that it was wire free. It turned out that after contacting Epson on several occasions that model is only available wire free in the US. Took four days of downloading different files to try to get it to work as the Epson representatives I was in contact with also believed it was wire free. Eventually I spoke to the final rep for Epson who went through every detail of the machine and it was he that told me it wasn't available as wire free in the UK but only in the States. He advised me that the machine had to be connected with an Ethernet cable.

To enable the machine to work you must install the inks first before starting the installation. If this was not the case I would have returned this model for one that did have wire free availability.

Very disappointed with this product and reluctant to use it.
55 comments| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 September 2013
My old printer would no longer print correctly, chose this printer as the price was very reasonable and it incorporated scanner and photocopier which I required. The only drawback was I thought it was wireless as it stated WF and I could then print off my IPad wording was a bit unclear ,other than this very pleased with product .
on 16 October 2013
I bought this model as I had had several previous Epson printers and wanted a wireles one that multiple users could use without constantly having to plug and unplug cables. Ideal I thought so bought it and it was delivered on time. but arrived without a VAT receipt so if buying for your business please take note.

The product looked good and I installed the swon my laptop and proceeded to set it up - all seemed to work well - printing and copying even Fax fairly straight forward but the scanner well it still isn't working.

If you look on some of the forums its seems i am not the only one with this problem.

When you try to scan from the printer its asks which PC but then doesn't find it despite it connecting as a printer the scanner can't see the PC. If you do it the other way around you get this common error message "Epson Scan has stopped working. Windows ischecking for a solution" This then changes to "A problem caused the program to stop working Windows will close the program and noftiy you if a solution is available"

I tried the basics such as uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers - Then i tried it on another machine this time connecting via a USB cable rather than wifi but same probelm.

So I went to Epson support site and had a web chat session where i was given a link to the knowledge base - it lists the problem but just tells you to uninstall and reinstall the sw. I have done this several times now and as before everything except thescanner works. Very dissapointing not only that it didn't work on set up but that the support site was less than supportive.

Still not working after several hours trouble shooting - will have to pay to call the support line now and if that doesn't work I am afraid its back in the box and back to Amazon.
on 12 January 2014
So far am pleased with this printer as it is fast and produces a good document. It seems well made and sturdy, none of the bits appear flimsy. However.... setting it up and getting it working was a nightmare. The first problem arose when there wasn't a driver on the installation CD for Windows 8; a huge annoyance because I'd bought this model instead of the wireless one I really wanted because the technical details listed it as suitable for Win 8 whereas the wireless model didn't. Up came a notification that driver could be downloaded but nowhere was there the link to actually get it. Eventually, more by luck than judgement, I spotted a pop-up window hidden behind other screens that did the job. I'm now left wondering if the same thing would have been possible for the wireless model. All appeared to go well after that and I printed off a document as a test, perfectly. Then I decided to do a second test print-off and it was at this point that more troubles began. For no apparent reason the printer changed its status to WF-2520NF (fax), as default printer, and as such wouldn't print anything just wanted to know details of who I was faxing - which I wasn't and the printer isn't even connected to a telephone line! I feel my problems were complicated further than they might have been because I'm using Win 8, an operating system that is new to me and one I detest but I just could not find the printer listed as just the printer in order to set this as default. In the end - in desperation and because this always seems to solve problems! - I restarted the computer. Low and behold in the printer folder I now had the option of printer only to set as default. So I'd advise anyone having a similar problem to try restarting; a common instruction when loading new software but not mentioned in this installation. One criticism I have is the obligatory fax function. I don't want it, does anybody these days?, as I have no use for it and it would be nice to have a choice of the same printer without fax, and probably save money too. Overall I give this printer a good rating and my past experience of Epson printers leads me to think I'll be happy with this one for a good long while.
on 18 June 2013
Had it a few months and it stopped printing black unless it was on 'best' setting which used a lot of ink. Used loads of ink cleaning the nozzles and printing test pages! I actually threw away a new set of ink cartridges as I thought they were faulty! Thankfully Amazon replaced it and I hope this one works better. Cannot fault Amazon customer service, I emailed about the problem and got a reply within 5 minutes saying a new one was on it's way for next day delivery! Return was easy as the store at the bottom of my road takes them! Great service from Amazon poor product from Epson!
on 16 June 2014
We have had an Epson and a Canon Photo Printer before and neither worked as expected over time. We purchased this one as a utility printer and intended to get a specialist photo printer. Although not a photo printer, it actually does a reasonable job at printing color prints. Highly recommend this as a core family printer. Setup under Windows 7 was a breeze.
VINE VOICEon 3 December 2013
This work horse of a printer is doing well after several months of deploying it in our office. We have not used the fax so far, the scanner, the photocopier and the printer parts are working well. The print quality is good but the inks are a bit costly.

The size is good as it's not so bulky so it does not demand a lot of space on the table.