Customer reviews

The Paradise [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 1 February 2014
This is worth getting in HD as the costumes and sets are fantastic.

I was a bit concerned when it arrived as the packaging is all in Spanish and when I played the disk, the menus and characters were also speaking Spanish. I pressed the menu button & selected the option on the right & Inglase & to my relief, they started speaking the original English soundtrack!

I was immediately captivated by the character Denise, who is an intelligent & ambitious country girl who moves to the city & gets a job in the "Paradise" department store. She is beautiful as well as clever, so you get the jealousy and friendship of the other women and the complicated romance as she and the owner Mr Moray fall in love & try to fight it, but he is already ensnared by an attractive but rather spoilt rich girl who is in love with Moray & used to getting her own way & her father, a banker, can make or brake Mr Moray & so he is torn between his own ambition, feelings of guilt about his late wife & his growing love for Denise.
on 23 May 2015
The only problem that it is NOT the COMPLETE series as labelled. It is only series one, with just 3 discs. This should have been made clear. I assumed it was the whole series, i.e. one and two, so then had to purchase series 2 separately, to complete the box set.
on 13 May 2017
Good product, sent as a gift highly appreciated and enjoyed.
on 3 January 2013
I came across this while browsing in Amazon and ordered it as something to watch over the Christmas break as I usually enjoy this genre. I was pleasantly surprised as I'd not heard of it but the overall review was positive and it sounded promising in its own regard. It turned out to be a well-constructed plot and the cast were excellent in their respective roles. The set was splendid in its colourfulness and attention to detail. Some of the costumes were a little ugly (mainly one of the female characters), but that did not disturb the story :). Kudos to the writers that kept you guessing until the final episode.
on 19 March 2017
Great film which I could watch over and over again
on 22 March 2017
Excellent series and well worth a watch.
on 20 July 2017
Great film
on 18 July 2017
Perfect condition!
on 1 May 2017
ok
on 3 March 2014
I have enjoyed this series. It's very similar to "Mr. Selfridge" but I like it. I will order the second series too. Hope it's as good.