Format: DVD|Change

on 1 February 2014
This is worth getting in HD as the costumes and sets are fantastic.

I was a bit concerned when it arrived as the packaging is all in Spanish and when I played the disk, the menus and characters were also speaking Spanish. I pressed the menu button & selected the option on the right & Inglase & to my relief, they started speaking the original English soundtrack!

I was immediately captivated by the character Denise, who is an intelligent & ambitious country girl who moves to the city & gets a job in the "Paradise" department store. She is beautiful as well as clever, so you get the jealousy and friendship of the other women and the complicated romance as she and the owner Mr Moray fall in love & try to fight it, but he is already ensnared by an attractive but rather spoilt rich girl who is in love with Moray & used to getting her own way & her father, a banker, can make or brake Mr Moray & so he is torn between his own ambition, feelings of guilt about his late wife & his growing love for Denise.
on 23 May 2015
The only problem that it is NOT the COMPLETE series as labelled. It is only series one, with just 3 discs. This should have been made clear. I assumed it was the whole series, i.e. one and two, so then had to purchase series 2 separately, to complete the box set.
on 13 May 2017
Good product, sent as a gift highly appreciated and enjoyed.
on 19 March 2017
Great film which I could watch over and over again
on 22 March 2017
Excellent series and well worth a watch.
on 1 May 2017
ok
on 3 March 2014
I have enjoyed this series. It's very similar to "Mr. Selfridge" but I like it. I will order the second series too. Hope it's as good.
on 4 February 2013
The Paradise [DVD]
Joanna Vanderham
Watched on tv first so had to buy the dvd as I enjoyed it so much :-)
on 30 January 2013
I really enjoyed it when I watched it on tv. I was really glad when I saw that it was on dvd and can watch it at my leisure.
on 2 February 2015