Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now

Customer reviews

Style: Caddy|Change

on 1 July 2013
I've used a box like this for several years. The first few were bought from Sainsbury's but for some reason they no longer sell them. An internet search brought several possibilities, usually made of pottery. Prettier but not so practical when the box has to be carried down the garden and emptied into a composter. This modestly priced, plastic box is small enough to fit on a work surface, under kitchen cupboards. The lid is a good tight fit but can be opened with one hand. There is a carry handle. Good design and does the job really well.
on 5 July 2017
I bought this very attractive looking little caddy to store my clothes pegs in. It is very well made with a close fitting lid which is locked when the handle is in the vertical position and in the forward position. The lid also has a nice strong looking hinge on it. Unfortunately, the caddy I received has a wonky handle which is twisted by at least 15 degrees away from being straight. I spent quite a long time trying to twist it in the opposite direction, applying a considerable amount of force and can certainly confirm that the handle is very strong. However, it is still a bit wonky, probably because it is made of thermosetting plastic so any deformity is permanent. I am still hopeful though that I will be able to straighten it. If the handle had been ok, I would have had no hesitation in giving this lovely little container five stars. It comfortably holds 100 Hills soft grip pegs and 40 Pincinox stainless steel pegs and I'm sure it would also be great for its intended purpose as a kitchen compost caddy. The lid has a nice little recess at the front so you can easily flip it open to put waste food in the biodegradable bag lining the interior. I think this container, though, potentially has a multiplicity of uses. If it wasn't for the wonky handle, I would consider ordering more of them. Incidentally, they are manufactured in the uk by a company called Straight who I think also make wheelie bins, but a slightly ironic twist given the wonky handle.
on 10 October 2015
Smaller than anticipated - but 5 litres. The lid does have an issue as it doesn't actually snap shut but it does close, I don't think it is meant to actually snap shut as the intention is for easy opening. Anyway, it fits nicely by my draining board for scraping off the leftover food and does its intended job. The bags I got with this bin (which state they are 6 litres) are actually a bit too small if the bin is quite full. Basically, you need to empty the bin when it is half full approx 3 litres - which in my household is virtually every day. I like it - better than putting the waste food in the bin.
on 15 August 2016
Really good basic compost bin. There are settings to ensure the lid can lock and the bins recommended for this item fit well. It is really easy to clean out and I'd recommend changing the bags twice a week, washing it up with a washing up liquid-coated sponge before drying and putting in the new bag. If you're thinking about making the move to a kitchen caddy, I recommend this one to start. As a house of two, very fond of veg and tea, we are changing the compost twice a week at max currently and it has helped so much to stop our household bin from smelling of food. Great for those with a compost scheme in the area or with their own compost bin.
on 20 August 2016
Good, well made and servicable product.
The lock down lid (leave the handle forward) effectivly stumps even the Mr Mistoffelees students of the feline world. Robust construction and a well fitting lid finish this caddy very nicely.
Good value for money and recommended as either a replacement for a worn and broken council supplied item or as a second caddy for use in a preperation area.
on 18 January 2017
It's a handy 5L plastic compost container for your kitchen.

The lock mechanism on the handle prevents smells from escaping and it comes with one complimentary 5L compostable liner.

I (single person) only have to empty this container once or twice a week and use "All-Green 6 Litre Biobag Compostable Kitchen liners" (bought separately).
on 10 May 2017
I have mine just outside the back door and am using it without liners; it is easy enough to wash it out. It isn't that robust, but for this price it works for me. I empty it once or twice a week (my compost heap is at the bottom of the garden), rinse it out and put it back by the back door ready for the next helping of peelings.
on 8 April 2017
Bought this to replace a broken Kent county council supplied kitchen caddy and it's exactly the same which is ideal. Came quickly... Not sure what else to say... All good
on 27 April 2017
It looked good on arrival and it is good. Nice size and closes nicely to prevent odours escaping. The liners fit in snuggly and makes it very easy to use and to dispose.
on 27 August 2017
Nothing fancy, just a simple replacement for the little compost caddy the council gave us years ago to go with the green composting bin. No problems, no quibbles, nice simple design at the right price. Thank you All-Green, all good! :)