Customer reviews

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 April 2015
This is quite possibly the best cocoa butter I have come across, no doubt because it is cacao butter meaning it has been extracted at the purest state of the seed,
I am also pleased to see the company has utilised the cold pressing method meaning this butter is absolutely divine not only in its purity with the vitamins and beneficial compounds preserved at their best state, but it smells, feels and tastes gorgeous too.

The scent from this butter is beautiful and highly intense . The texture is very tight and shaves cleanly but yields to a soft oil on contact with the skin (or body temperature for those processing for food products)

I used this in skincare products and I found it far superior to cheaper cocoa butters tried in the past, it has a creaminess and unctiousness to it that added a wonderful 'slip' to the balm.

It is such a beautiful product I would definitely try this in edible products and would certainly repurchase, I'd rather use a little amount of this than a lot of a inferior but cheaper product.
on 26 February 2014
I have tasted other brands of raw cacao butter prior to buying this, and I must say it's certainly one of the best tasting I've had (it's almost like unsweetened white chocolate and doesn't taste as bitter as some of the other brands I tested). It melts easily and seems to be of really good quality.

To use it, put the tub in your fridge (it says on the package to put it in the freezer, but I have found it's not necessary and freezing may compromise the taste and nutritional value) so that the butter becomes solid, then just pop it out of the tub, take a sharp knife and cutting board and scrape the butter to make shavings (watch the fingers!). Melt them 'au bain marie' or just add them in your blender or processor, they will melt too.

I usually make shavings of the whole butter in one go as it can be a messy business, then keep them in a jar in the fridge, ready to use.
on 14 March 2017
Love the smell of this product but appears to loose some of the flavour once heated.
Maybe I should try using it in different ways to see which is best. Probably baking with it would be best suited.i however used it when warming nuts gently in a pan to use as decoration
Love the brand - they always deliver on packaging and care of all their products.
on 25 August 2014
Smells SOO good!! Like decadent chocolate, Bought it to make a cream for skincare, ended up using it for some home-made chocolate as well. Great product.
on 21 February 2017
I love this cacao butter. It smells gorgeous. It is my personal favourite. I make chocolate with it every day as well as my face and body cream which I melt and mix with a little of my other oils for a thick all round moisturiser. Brilliant.
on 22 September 2016
I bought this purely for making my own body products which has been great. The scent it leaves on your body will be a chocolate lovers dream as well as being nourishing. I haven't used it to cook with, just nibbled from the tub to try it!
It is rock hard in the tub, but easy enough to cut some out.
on 4 October 2015
This butter is light, melts to the touch, is very rich and reeks of chocolate in a divine way. Lovely consistency, I used mine by melting it in a bowl over a pot of hot water, adding castor and coconut oils to create a homemade hair melt. Do try it as the quality is amazing, I'm in love lol
on 11 September 2015
I was not expecting it to have such a strong smell of bitter dark chocolate, I have used it to make chocolate and also I blended it with coconut oil to make body moisturiser, it works a treat but the smell is over powering. Its OK though as the smell goes within a couple of hours and its a lovely moisturiser.
on 15 May 2017
Love this product. Just a little of it in smoothies made with raw cacao makes it taste lovely. Going to try making my own chocolate too.
on 14 December 2014
Excellent quality, smells divine in both my cooking and homemade body butter; although a little pricey for the amount you get, I would definitely recommend it.