on 12 January 2013
This case looks great and is well made to a high standard. It feels good quality and secures the ipod very well. BUT, I feel that there is a design fault with the case and not much thought has gone into the actual usability. I will try to explain... You would expect a flip case such as this would flip open outwards away from you, it doesn't however, it opens towards you. The problem with this, is that it is impeded by the fact that the headphone jack extends from the bottom of the ipod and as a result the case can't open fully. It would have worked much better had it opened outwards, I would have given it full stars in that case. As it happens, I don't use it and have bought a cheaper replacment that isn't nearly the same standard as this, but is less hassle to use.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 December 2012
I've bought a number of cases from Proporta over the years and I have to admit I have something of a soft spot for their wares. (Especially the aluminium lined cases) my last being a number of Proporta TurboCharger Pocket Power Emergency Portable Charger & External Battery to use as gifts. Anyway having recently purchased the latest I-Pod Nano, I found myself in the market for a case for it. However while cases abound for the nano, finding one which was say a little more discerning was just that little bit harder. So when I came across the Proporta offering I knew the quality and styling would be to my liking.

Well it arrived this morning and on opening the packaging I found an extremely well made and finished case. Ok the material used is a faux leather, but it looks good (Can't comment on how it will wear yet) Inside there is a wee plastic cradle into which you insert your Nano which contains a cut out for the volume buttons. There are two holes cut into the material. (One for your head phones and the other for the power lead) Inside they have lined the black material with a cream coloured one which really does look like leather. The stitching is flawless and like the cream coloured interior contrasts wonderfully the darkness of the outer covering. The whole cases is closed by a little magnetic flap

All in all most impressed, little miffed by the lack of an aluminium lining however on inspection there does seem to be some sort of lining (Plastic?) inside the topcover, but metal it ain't. However at the price I paid I cannot find fault with this case.

Have to admit I did like the nice touch of inserting a single Yorkshire tee bag packet inside the jiffy bag. As I a Yorkshire man (Born and bred) that really was the icing on the cake for me.

Update
Ok used the case for a while now and noticed one huge issue. The cutout in the case for the headphones isn't big enough for the plug and you really do have to push,squeeze and physically manhandle your earphone plug in which to get it inserted into your I-pod. In fact its much easier to simply just stick the plug into the I-pod with it fully open, which defeats the object of having a case. 1 star removed for that.
on 29 April 2013
Bought this for my teenage son, who has just bought an Ipod Nano.
At first I was impressed with the quality of the item, but my son soon found a couple of issues. Firstly, the case can only be opened fully without the headphones in place, making it difficult to operate the Nano. Second is the hole for the headphones which seems to have zero tolerance for anything over than Apple headphones. Other 'phones do fit, but it takes a bit of effort to get then into the hole properly.
Having taken the time to read some other reviews for this case, it seems the design has caused a few other people problems too.
Next time I'll read the reviews myself instead of taking a 13 year olds word for it.
on 11 June 2013
So you've spent about £100 on a 7th gen nano and you want to keep it looking as good as it is now. You could spend a couple of quid buying some cheap cover... thing. Or you could invest in a leather case. I am very pleased with mine. It looks smart, stylish, lovely stitching and easy to open. Now I dont have any problem with opning my case fully with the headphones plugged in, but I do have to say that the phones I use are JVC over ear clip on types. Much more comfortable. I give this case four stars because it could do with a belt clip and a slot in puch cover to keep the ipod face dust free. It just slots into two grooves either side of the case and until it snaps into place. This is a tight fit and does need to be forced into its holder with a bit of pressure (not much) but that is especially great as you know its not going to fall out at all. The catch that keeps the case closed is magnetic for those of you like me who hate velcro (as it loses it pazzaz with age). Its very slim and fits into my trouser pocket so its one of those that will fit nicely into a shirt pocket as well. Overall I am very pleased with this and if anything did go wrong with it, I would definatly get another one. Would I recomend this? Yes. As I said you spent all that money on your ipod.. so get a decent case to go with it.
on 29 February 2016
This really is a smart little case. It looks very neat and is easy to open when you want use the Ipod. Only one comment the Ipod does seem to "slip" down the case sometimes when you turn the Ipod on but this could be me pushing the "on" button too hard.
Ideal little case and great for the money, would recommend.
on 21 July 2015
Looks and feels good. Has the appearance of quality. Certainly protects my nano from knocks and scratches.

But.... when you flip the thing open the headphone jack or the lightning cable can become dislodged. This is because it hinges on the side that the earphones and the lightening jack go through. If, like me, you are someone who is often fiddling with your ipod to look at song titles and adjust song ratings, it also means that the holes that these connectors go through become rather worn.

Its not a bad product, but it could have been better designed.
on 2 July 2016
Well made and looks quality some comments have said the opening flap could perhaps have been positioned the opposite end to avoid obstructing the connection ports but this is only a small issue and doesn't deter me from buying again.
on 22 August 2014
This really is a very well constructed case for the iPod nano 7g. It's got a great feel to it, though it does add a bit of bulk to the device (nothing too drastic).

However, as other people have noted, the hinge being located at the bottom the iPod does lead to some problems. My headphone cable has a rather large connector, and it just didn't want to play with the case. But, there's a really simple way to fix it - just slide the iPod in the other way around and problem solved!

If you're looking for a well made, quality case, which isn't one of the cheap bits of tat that seems to be crowding the market, this I highly recommend this.
on 21 April 2015
Lovely soft, good quality case. There is one concern, however, I have with this case. The flip case opens from the top to bottom. The jack on my headphone is 'L-shape'. which means, when I open the case, to view my iPod, it forces the jack out of its connector thus disturbing my music enjoyment.
on 5 November 2014
I am not normally a fan of flip cases for phones, mp3 players etc - However, this is a lovely case and well worth the money.
The nano fits perfectly in this case and is not bulky. It certainly looks like a quality product and is just as good as leather.
It is also well packaged and would make a good gift as it looks good quality.
Highly recommended.