on 16 December 2013
Exactly as product described, easy to use and fantastic value! Brought this for my son as a christmas gift but so impressed I may buy one for myself!
on 2 October 2013
I bought this for my daughter - forget your ipads and expensive tablets - this tablet is more than enough for any young teen - the only negative points are the battery life (3 hours), and the not so perfect charging points, which mean you have to charge on a completely flat surface - but for under £40, and in a choice of colours this product has exceeded my expectations
on 8 August 2013
7" inch Touch Screen Allwinner A13 1.0GHz CPU Android 4.0 Tablet PC 4GB HDD 512MB WiFi (Red) - I bought this tablet mainly for my 3 kids (aged between 7 and 15) to use instead of going on my laptop which I am always wary about as it is used for my work. So as it was really going to be used by young children to watch Netflix, BBC iPlayer, YouTube, Citv and CBBC, browse internet and play games, I didn't want to spend a lot on it for me to be constantly watching over them in case they broke it...this is perfect for what I wanted it for!
I'm feeling pretty chuffed with myself and personally think anyone who splashes out for an expensive tablet are fools because there is nothing wrong with this tablets performance. Ok it's not as smooth and maybe not as fast as some of the more expensive ones out there, but it does work, it doesn't look or feel cheap. Extremely easy to set up and as it's an android tablet it is pretty much the same controls as any android phone (I personally have a Samsung Galaxy phone and it is basically the same). Instructions aren't up to much, but I could easily find solutions on YouTube or Google.
All kids are happy with it, even my 15 year old who is usually a tech snob is happily using it for watching programmes and films and to access Facebook and Twitter.
At less than £40 it is an absolutely brilliant buy and I get the use of my laptop all to myself now...happy days!
on 7 November 2013
The tablet arrived very quickly and was un damaged when it arrived. The quiltity of the tablet was also a lot better then expected.
on 25 September 2013
I bought this for my 12 yr old son, as he couldn't download a lot of apps on his tired smartphone, he was forever hogging the laptop for facebook and youtube, so thought this would be a good alternative.
I was initially quite dubious as some of the reviews weren't fantastic, but decided to take a chance and make my own mind up.
I have used an ipad before and I knew not to expect the same performance, however, as long as you're a little patient this little gadget is great fun. My son hasn't put it down since I gave him and although it wasn't expensive , he has been threatened with pain off certain death if he damages it. He can use for all his apps and browsing needs, not brill in the speed department, and he touch screen isn't as sensitive as I've experienced on my sgs2 but for 40 quid you can't really grumble. I would seriously consider getting one of these for myself, with a memory card can expand the memory for all my browsing needs and watching Downton!
As long as you don't have high expectations this tablet does the basics of what you'd expect for the price. If you want something better and faster, buy something better and faster. As a single mum on a budget this is well on its way to keeping up with the Jones'.
Delivery speedy, no problems, sceen protector and case on the way (additionally ordered), my son ando I are v happy.
BUY ONE!
22 comments| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 January 2014
Description was great, battery life of 3-4 hours which suits my young children.charger lead a bit short but otherwise, Very happy with value for money.
on 4 May 2013
Whilst the tablet turns on at least and has a micro SD slot that happily accepts a 32gb card that is where the good news stopped for me.

1. The charger pin that plugs into the tablet is very thin and sticks out quite a long way which meant it broke on the second day. It will doubtless happen again soon.
2. The WiFi is very slow (and is not my WiFi as all other kit is fast: Samsung tablets, my smart phone, my wife's I phone, my laptops)
3. The screen is unresponsive and freezes much more often than any of my other android v4 devices
4. The USB to pc cable failed on day 5 so I bought another one which was proper quality and the difference in the USB connectors was obvious just by looking at them side by side: the original one provided had the contacts obscured my the moulding that surrounded them.
5. I'm not sure why but some of the apps that run fine even on my mobile struggle to run on the tablet (jerky/freeze)
6. BBC I player /media app can't even make it to the end of In The Night Garden before giving up claiming there is a problem. As by now you have guessed: it works fine on the other tablets/phones
7. By far the worst problem is that the battery barely lasts an hour of use! I thought a small tablet like this would last longer so I had a good look and (this drives me crazy) lo & behold this WiFi only tablet is draining 85% of its power on CellStandby that only phones or GPRS tablets should use. The manufacturer had forgotten to disable the android phone apks and now the tablet is using loads off power teeing to find a cellular signal that it doesn't even have the hardware to support. The user can't disable these without "rooting" the phone which is beyond most users capabilities )in trying to buy the usual root methods don't seem to work)
8.the volume is poor and the Mic is poor
9.camera quality poor
10. Gangam style pre loaded as a sample video (is there no escape?)

If it weren't for points 5,6 & 7 I would say this is worth the money as its a cute size and even fits in my trouser pocket. It has all the makings of a useful bit of kit which is why I'm really disappointed with its fundamental failings which render this tablet virtually useless.

I'm leaving this review because as so often in life you get what you pay for however maybe the manufacturer will fix the critical issues so hopefully some future reviews will contradict this one meaning they have fixed them. Please leave comments if you have bought this device:-I'm especially interested in whether they all have cell standby draining the battery.
on 26 December 2013
I chose 4 stars because basically you get what you pay for. It is a handy little tablet that is good for the basics such as Facebook, you tube and to play games that are not too large memory because it goes very slow. It is a lot smaller than I expected and battery life dosent last very long.

The biggest downside to this is that you have to be patient with it, as I expected it to be quite fast, it isn't and can delay a few seconds when clicking things but other than that its quite good :)

I would recommend this to adults and to be used for basic things because the games are too slow for the children to play.
on 18 November 2013
My 85 year old Mum loves this and it has really given her something to pass her time. She loves Sudoku, Solitaire and Word search. Best thing we could have bought her.
on 2 June 2014
This is a good present for a 2year old who loves playing on a tablet like the older children. It's not a bad price if you need to replace it.