on 31 March 2013
As a computer technician and troubleshooter I have plenty of experience in fixing faulty printers (read replace!) and came a cropper myself when after 5 years use my Canon MP620 decided to give the dreaded 6210 error which meant powering it down before every print job with the resulting loss of ink as it re-initialised and cleaned every time! Well, that's out on the street waiting for someone to rescue it or the garbage man to take. Half and hour into installing my replacement HP 6520, I have printed superb photo's from computer (wirelessly) from iPhone (airprint). Scanned and copied to email and pdf. Utilised the printing to hpeprint.com that allows printing from any device anywhere directly to my printer via a dedicated email address. Tested and smiled inanely as the paper was sucked back in when printing duplex sheets (two sided). Great access to all settings via touch-screen the size of my iPhone, quick start-up and print which was a real bugbear with the Canon. The only thing it doesn't do is print directly to printable CD/DVD's. Well pleased, checked that inks from HP are pretty expensive, but compatibles are out there with good reviews. I'll place further comments if anything changes.l
88 Comments| 174 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 24 November 2014
Excellent all round printer. It's really easy to set up, and works via wifi with my PC, laptops, iPads and androids. Everything is really intuitive, with a nice touch screen display walking you through each process. It's relatively quick, a little noisier than my previous Canon all in one printer, and good print quality. I also like the ability to be able to send emails of documents to the printer which it will automatically print. Cartridges are not too badly priced either. A good all round printer, it's good enough as a scanner, copier and photo printer for most homes
on 9 February 2014
I ordered this printer to replace an earlier HP Photosmart and can say it is a definite improvement particularly in dealing with multi-page printouts of e-books etc. It has several more facilities than the earlier modelwhich can best been learned about elsewhere but its Wi Fi ability is one of the more useful.The four individual colour cartridges are also a positive attribute as they offer the possibility of changing cartridges individually should you print in some colours more than in others. In this respect the availability of XL versions of the cartridges is a worthwhile advantage
Photo printing at "enthusiastic amateur" level, working through Adobe Photoshop Elements is excellent although I should leave it to a professional to provide a more scientific evaluation.
on 27 October 2013
I bought this to replace a Photosmart 5280 which displayed message saying "Door open" after about 4 year's use.

The 6520 installed easily (unlike the 5280 which required lots of help from HP) and so far has proved to be much faster and quieter than the old printer and a good colour reproduction, although I haven't used it much for photo printing yet. If photo printing is better than the 5280 and the cartridges last at least as long then I'd give this 5 stars.

Oh, and the double sided copying is handy too.
on 8 May 2013
Very competent wireless printer, found network straight away, prints off laptop,IPad, and I phone so everything I need to have easy to set up and quality very good.
on 8 July 2015
I am delighted with this printer especially for the price. I had the 3520 model which broke after 2 years, so I upgraded to this 6520. The casing is much better quality and the touch screen is an added bonus. I ordered and received this within 2 days
on 24 November 2013
A very good value printer with separate coloured ink reservoirs so the refills should be cheaper, works well, very pleased
on 22 February 2013
Really pleased with the printer - picture quality is superb and the wireless capability allows us to print from whichever room in the house we're in.
on 17 March 2013
Have had HP printers for a while now and the last two have been all-in-ones. When my last one finally gave up the ghost I thought it may be worth looking at other vendors to see what else was out there. After much musing and researching I found myself back at HP and the 6520 e-All-in-one. My main requirement this time round was the auto duplex feature and printing from my iPad/iPhone/other smartphones - all of which work a treat.

Very easy and quick to set up. Had it connected to my wireless network and printing within about 10 mins of removing all of the packing. The printer also has the Internet printing feature which is a nice to have but not essential.

Print quality is what I have come to expect from HP for both photos and office type documents. The scanner/copier function is also solid and about what you should expect for the price. There is a nice web utility for managing the printer which tells you how your ink is doing and control scanning.

For those with kids there are also a lot of free worksheets, puzzles and colouring sheets from various Disney and other providers to keep them entertained.
11 Comment| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 January 2013
I purchased this printer about 4 months ago to replace a rather tired (and increasing unreliable) Epson. So far my experience has been on the whole positive. The printer is seemingly economical in its use of ink, especially in comparison to previous printers I've had. Often it can seem that they waste ridiculous amounts of ink on processes such as cleaning the heads, but this cannot be said for this printer. The common availability of relatively inexpensive third party produced (i.e. not official HP) cartridges has also meant that replacing the cartridges in this printer has proven cheaper than my old Epson, and in the time I've had the printer I've probably saved about half the total cost of the printer on ink alone. Print speed is superb for both ordinary printing and photographs, and in terms of quality I have never had any cause for complaint at all. So all in all I have been extremely impressed with this printer.

However I have encountered one problem. This is the ease with which this printer suffers from paper jams. I've never really had this issue with other printers before, and I've found it extremely time consuming (and annoying!) to deal with repeated jams. To give a rough indication of how frequent they are I would say it has happened to me about 6 or 7 times since I got the printer. Orginally I thought it may be down to the paper I was using (which was admittedly the cheapest junk I could find) but since using proper/good quality paper I have not really noticed any improvement in this problem at all. It may well be that I simply have a dodgy printer or that I'm doing something wrong, but given how difficult it can be to get the printer to allow you to continue printing after a jam this may not be the ideal choice for those looking for the simplest to use printer.

That said, the various qualities of this printer do for me outweigh the annoyance that the jamming issue causes and is certainly a good choice for those looking to upgrade.
22 Comments| 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse