TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 1 November 2015
I personally use the cable with my 13" Macbook pro and connect to a 21" monitor. After connecting the cable, I can choose to have a mirrored screen where everything on my Mac is displayed upon the monitor which is great for watching movies. What I use it mostly for is the split screen mode whilst doing university work. Having the essay I am typing up on one screen and E-books and resources displayed on the other has made doing my assignments so much easier.

There is no lag and the image is crystal clear, as can be expected from HDMI. The cable is made from a very sturdy material and feels bulit to last. One word of warning however, the plastic encasing the HDMI pin is quite large and may not fit in some TVs.
on 28 February 2016
Ok, so I fancied watching Daryl killing off some people with a bazooka on my TV. And I managed with this cable!

Delivery was fast and cable well packaged. I am not a pc/mac expert but I knew I had to watch Daryl with a bazooka on my TV. So as easy as this sounds, I just plugged this cable into the miniDisplay Port of my MAC and the other HDMI end to the TV. As soon as you go to the corresponding TV's source you'll have image input.

Note: if you also want Daryl's bazooka to go Kaboom! (that is, if you want to have sound out from the TV) you got to go to your Mac's config and set the audio to the connected source, the sound will not come from your Tv without you configuring it in the Audio menu.

Oh! I almost forgot, I also had Daryl's bazooka going Kaboom on my Pc monitor, so yeah it does work on both equipment.

I do recommend this product!
review image review image review image
on 30 November 2013
I bought this as increasingly I do presentations in venues which have a wide screen TV with HDMI input rather than a projector with VGA input.

I tested it on my TV at home and it worked immediately. In order to deliver the audio from the Macbook I did have to go into settings and set it to output to the TV, but the TV was listed and it was a simple job to click on it. I have since used in a number of venues and it has worked flawlessly.

So great product, great value for money.

(As with all these types of cable you do need to make sure that your are purchasing one which has a connector which fits the Macbook you are using. These have changed from time to time.)
on 28 November 2013
Ignore all low-rated-reviews, this is an amazing way for your film, music or just browsing. You put the cable from your MacBook Pro to your TV and away you go. If people are having trouble.

Apple Logo (Top-Left) > System Preferences > Sound > Output - Then choose your TV

Your display can also be changed or adjusted to make it better and to make it fit your screen to either 720p or 1080p/i

Anyway, this is totally worth the money and it works great.
on 15 April 2014
I originally rated this product with one star because after a few weeks, just stopped working. The item arrived very quickly and worked perfectly for the first two or three weeks but then simply just stopped working.

Around this time, the seller contacted me and asked me to rate the product at which point I told them that it had broken. Immediately, they got back to me an apologized and said they would send my a new one, free of charge. Just two days later, a new cord arrived and it works perfectly. As they said to me, their products may fail once in a while, but their customer service will not. I am very impressed with this seller and really appreciate that they took the time to get back to me, and to send me a new product free of charge and hassle.
on 16 October 2015
I have an Apple Macbook Pro and Lenovo T430, both machines have a mini display port. I've happily used the Mac and Lenovo to connect to my home TV which is a 46 inch flat panel. No problems with picture quality or sound.

Additionally, I recently visited a customer site to present a one day technical workshop and when I arrived I discovered they had a 60inch flat screen but no cabling, however this cable was in my travel pack, so I hooked the Lenovo to the flat screen and carried on. The image quality and sound against the customers flat panel was excellent and the audience were very impressed.
on 27 February 2015
I purchased a total of 3 of these, one for me and one each for my children. The cable is plenty long enough to use with the laptop close to a TV (For streaming video) and performed flawlessly on all of our MacBook Pro laptops. I had to go into the audio preferences on the MacBook to ensure that audio was sent to the TV through the cable but other than that it is totally plug and play. One thing to watch for, make sure your Mac product supports video AND audio through the cable as only products built after a certain date have that option included. A great product at an amazing price with next day delivery on Prime. Love it!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 July 2016
Amazon yet again have delivered, I received these on the same day as I ordered, delivery was by prime and as always very efficient.

To the product:-
Reason for purchase - Having bought a new monitor the only available output from the graphics card due to be having a 3 monitor setup is the display port.

The product comes in a retail box, I'd have no qualms giving this as a gift. It comes in a hassle free packaging so there's no need for scissors.

It contains:-
1 x 1.8m male HDMI to male mini Display Port cable

The product feels and looks great. The plugs and feel of the cable are high quality and feel great. The thickness of the cable is just about right, not too thin to lack rigidity, not too thick that you cant bend it.

Both plugs are gold plated which helps the conductivity reducing the 'noise' \ errors.

Once placed in the Graphics card or the monitor It holds securely the cable in place without any movement. Much easier than the two screws that are found on VGA or DVI cables.

As all cables now transmit data digitally to the monitors / TV's don't fall for the old HDMI trick of more expensive means better. The only area that the cables truly differ is the plug end quality and this cable has it all.

All in all a great product.

*If you have any questions then click my profile and drop me an Message and I will be happy to help you. If you found this review helpful in deciding whether to buy the product, it would really help me out if you clicked "Yes, I found this helpful" below.*
on 20 October 2014
No issues whatsoever. It worked perfectly with my Mac pro. Sound and picture quality are great. And the cable is nice and long for you to position the laptop where you want. Also it plays even when you shut the laptop.
on 22 January 2016
This works a treat and much cheaper than branded or fancy packed alternatives. I have a MacBook Pro (early 2011) and have no problems but to get the sound you have to go to settings select 'sound' and select your Tv in the drop down menu which will appear when you connect the Laptop to the Tv. If you don't do this the sound will not come through the Tv. When you disconnect remember to go back in and select internal speakers on your MacBook. Note this may only be the case with earlier MacBooks but thought I'd put the info out there.