on 19 November 2012
Having been using this case for about a week now, I really am impressed with it! It's by far the best case I've found for any iPhone, not just the iPhone 5, and the price is spot-on.

It fits wonderfully snugly, there are no gaps and no room for movement of the phone at all once enclosed, a problem many cases, in my experience, suffer from. It also feels very secure; I have no worries that the phone is going to accidentally pop out in a bag or in my pocket.

Access to ports is very good. The speakers are unobstructed, the lightning connection has plenty of room, as does the headphone socket, which happily takes even quite large profile jack surrounds. Sleep/power button and volume controls are covered, as with many cases, but they fit perfectly. There is no difficulty pressing the buttons, none of the `getting it in just the right place' that I've found with other cases. Contrary to another review, I don't think they bulge out either, certainly no more than the buttons on the device do anyway. The profile of the case is also very slim, it barely adds any extra size, or for that matter weight, to the phone itself. It's still much lighter than my iPhone 4 was without its case. The fact that it's so slim also means it still fits comfortably in my windscreen mount.

Then there's the design itself - it looks really good. Perhaps I'm a bit of a poser, but I like that the back is transparent and you can see exactly how the phone looks underneath. One of the really nice things about iPhones is their look, so I like to see it, and with this case, I can. The plastic material on the back feels sturdy and not brittle, so I'm not worried about it cracking and there is also no indication that there may be issues with the more-rubbery sides separating from the transparent back: it all feels very well constructed and as though it will last a long time. These sides give it a nice, tactile grip too and it feels safe in my hands or on surfaces.

There are just two (very) minor downsides that I can see. First, as others have commented, the back does seem to mark and scratch quite easily. But I don't care, my phone is safe and mark-free, which was the whole point of buying a case. Yes, there are materials that won't scratch so easily, but for me it's barely even a consideration. Secondly, as another reviewer mentioned, the piece of rubber along the bottom edge of the phone (by the home button and lightning socket) does have a bit of play and movement as there are no joins on the bottom to the back side of the case from the end of one speaker to the other. Again, this hasn't caused me any concerns either.

I never bother with screen protectors as they never stick properly, end up with bubbles and they start peeling off after a few days, no matter how carefully I try to apply them, so I can't comment on that aspect of the product. Besides, after 2 years of having an iPhone in my pocket (sometimes alongside keys when I put them in the wrong pocket!) I haven't managed to scratch the glass yet, so I find the screen protectors somewhat unnecessary anyway.

In summary, to me this seems to be a near-enough perfect case. It is well-priced, of high quality, does exactly what it sets out to do and retains the good looks of the phone. I can't recommend this highly enough! I just wish they made one for the 4S so I could order my wife one...
on 22 January 2016
I bought this just to make my order up to £20 to qualify for free delivery, and I am so glad that I did.

I will start of by saying that I was not in the market for a phone case, as I was already using one that seemed perfectly functional. However, as I ordered this to make my order up to £20, I thought that I'd give it a go. I can truly say that it is really great, and if you are too lazy to read any further, you should go ahead and buy it if you want to have a case that isn't too bulky, and where you can still show off the great looks of your lovely aluminium iPhone.

It is a very nice case, which feels great on the phone. Compared to the many other phone cases that I have used for my iPhone 5s, it feels far smoother and more integrated. By integrated, I mean that the rounded edges that protrude slightly above the screen are soft and grippy, which means it feels very much like it is a part of the original phone.

Having worked in a phone shop and seen many cases for iPhones, and having bought about 8 from Amazon over the two and a half years I've had my phone, I can say that it is the best one that I have ever used or owned.

I would highly recommend the phone case, but I cannot comment on the screen protector. I use Minotaur Apple iPhone 5/5S/5C Screen Protector Pack: Matte Anti Glare (6 Screen Protectors), and can confidently say that they are by far the best on the market.
on 25 June 2014
I've had mine for a year and it's saved my phone time and time again. This was the 5th case I tried and although the cheapes has proved the best.
* Protects the phone well - soft black surround not brittle plastic so doesn't break, chip or mark when dropped.
* It's low profile so not a chunky addition that makes it a pain to get in/out of pockets
* It looks good on the phone and the black shows no signs of wear even after abuse
* Screen protector is difficult to get on without bubbling or lifting the corners when getting the case on. I gave up trying and threw the screen protector away but the case itself is slightly raised at the front and has certainly given mine enough protection from frequent tumbles.
* the back clear plastic is the only thing that shows the wear. Mine looks scratched up and tatty but that's after a year of hard use £2.99 to replace is a no brainer though.
on 16 February 2013
Very cheap and nice seal around the phone. However, it would be fine if you then stored it in a bag and protected the bumper from all the elements. The problem seems to the be the coating seems to absorb all dirty elements that it comes into contact with and became a horrendous shabby colour within a few weeks. Ended up replacing it with an alternative.
on 12 June 2013
Having owned this case for 9 months now I have to say I'm not that pleased with it. Fine it protects the phone from bumps and scratches (on the phone body) but visually it seems to have yellowed and it's a dirt trap, which because it's clear makes the phone look dirty.

If you're thinking about buying this case then I would recommend not going for a clear case. For protecting the phone it's fine but aesthetically it leaves much to be desired after a few months.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 February 2015
This case doesn't seem all that protective but it seems to stop scratches that you get on a daily basis. It would probably withstand a few drops but I haven't dropped my phone with this on yet, so I can't say for definite. After quite a bit of age over several months it still looks good, with some scratches showing, but from a distance they aren't very noticeable. Compared to something similar like the Spigen Ultra Hybrid, this seems less protective but largely similar at a fraction of the price.

I recommend this case if you don't want to spend much on a case. It looks excellent and shows off the design of your iPhone whilst adding a bit of basic protection from scratches and minor bumps.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 February 2015
This case is very similar to other clear cases in the sense that your phone starts to look very dirty after not too long. The case tends to go a yellow colour inside after not too long and it looks rather unsightly. The concept of a clear case is good, but it usually ends out looking very dirty. I would recommend going for a similar case with black or another colour on the sides, which AmazonBasics make. I still give this case three stars because it does the same thing as cases which are £10-£15 at a fraction of the cost, so overall it's okay. If you are willing to clean your phone case regularly then it is probably fine, but otherwise this will start to look very mucky after just a few weeks of usage.
on 20 October 2012
Bought this case for my white iphone 5 to replace a griffin reveal. This case is very good quality for the price, and looks good on the white phone. Keeps the thinness of the phone and offers excellent protection. The only 2 "issues" I have with it are:

- The case isn't moulded around the volume buttons, so the buttons seem to press the case outwards around this area
- The area underneath the home button, around the front of the speakers and dock connector is a bit flimsy and moves easily. Some other cases have some material that connects the front to the back, running between the speakers and the dock to keep this more rigid.

Apart from those small niggles, it's superb, and for the price it certainly warrants 5 stars!
on 7 March 2013
This case disappointed me massively!

When I received my iPhone, I decided I wanted a simple white rimmed case to match it and after trawling many internet sites this seemed to be the best one (and at nearly £10 I assumed I'd be paying for the quality!) However just half a day after using it the case already started discolouring and due to the rubber material it is impossible to get clean once dirty. The clear back plastic of the case also scratches extremely easily, which became both uneven and ugly. Also, the rim of the case that covers the bottom of the iPhone has now stretched and become flimsy and the rim in general has lost its original shape.

Overall, a very bad quality item and a waste of money.
on 18 October 2012
Smart, slim and a great price.

If like me you want to protect your precious new phone without ruining the aesthetic, this is ideal.
Especially on the black version which is like a scratch magnet! This protects the back. I may be tempted to go for the black back as the clear gets dust and crumbs in after time.

At this price, a no brainer