on 16 February 2015
This case is very similar to other clear cases in the sense that your phone starts to look very dirty after not too long. The case tends to go a yellow colour inside after not too long and it looks rather unsightly. The concept of a clear case is good, but it usually ends out looking very dirty. I would recommend going for a similar case with black or another colour on the sides, which AmazonBasics make. I still give this case three stars because it does the same thing as cases which are £10-£15 at a fraction of the cost, so overall it's okay. If you are willing to clean your phone case regularly then it is probably fine, but otherwise this will start to look very mucky after just a few weeks of usage.
on 19 February 2015
This case doesn't seem all that protective but it seems to stop scratches that you get on a daily basis. It would probably withstand a few drops but I haven't dropped my phone with this on yet, so I can't say for definite. After quite a bit of age over several months it still looks good, with some scratches showing, but from a distance they aren't very noticeable. Compared to something similar like the Spigen Ultra Hybrid, this seems less protective but largely similar at a fraction of the price.

I recommend this case if you don't want to spend much on a case. It looks excellent and shows off the design of your iPhone whilst adding a bit of basic protection from scratches and minor bumps.
on 25 June 2014
I've had mine for a year and it's saved my phone time and time again. This was the 5th case I tried and although the cheapes has proved the best.
Pros:
* Protects the phone well - soft black surround not brittle plastic so doesn't break, chip or mark when dropped.
* It's low profile so not a chunky addition that makes it a pain to get in/out of pockets
* It looks good on the phone and the black shows no signs of wear even after abuse
Cons:
* Screen protector is difficult to get on without bubbling or lifting the corners when getting the case on. I gave up trying and threw the screen protector away but the case itself is slightly raised at the front and has certainly given mine enough protection from frequent tumbles.
* the back clear plastic is the only thing that shows the wear. Mine looks scratched up and tatty but that's after a year of hard use £2.99 to replace is a no brainer though.
on 1 October 2017
The best!
on 6 October 2017
Really poor fit. So tight that it broke my glass screen protector. Also too tight for the included screen protector to the point where it forces it up from the screen. Would not recommend.
on 29 March 2013
I have been using for last 3 months.
I'm very happy with this cover. Look and feel is very good.
Case is not soft or flexible.
on 19 November 2012
Having been using this case for about a week now, I really am impressed with it! It's by far the best case I've found for any iPhone, not just the iPhone 5, and the price is spot-on.

It fits wonderfully snugly, there are no gaps and no room for movement of the phone at all once enclosed, a problem many cases, in my experience, suffer from. It also feels very secure; I have no worries that the phone is going to accidentally pop out in a bag or in my pocket.

Access to ports is very good. The speakers are unobstructed, the lightning connection has plenty of room, as does the headphone socket, which happily takes even quite large profile jack surrounds. Sleep/power button and volume controls are covered, as with many cases, but they fit perfectly. There is no difficulty pressing the buttons, none of the `getting it in just the right place' that I've found with other cases. Contrary to another review, I don't think they bulge out either, certainly no more than the buttons on the device do anyway. The profile of the case is also very slim, it barely adds any extra size, or for that matter weight, to the phone itself. It's still much lighter than my iPhone 4 was without its case. The fact that it's so slim also means it still fits comfortably in my windscreen mount.

Then there's the design itself - it looks really good. Perhaps I'm a bit of a poser, but I like that the back is transparent and you can see exactly how the phone looks underneath. One of the really nice things about iPhones is their look, so I like to see it, and with this case, I can. The plastic material on the back feels sturdy and not brittle, so I'm not worried about it cracking and there is also no indication that there may be issues with the more-rubbery sides separating from the transparent back: it all feels very well constructed and as though it will last a long time. These sides give it a nice, tactile grip too and it feels safe in my hands or on surfaces.

There are just two (very) minor downsides that I can see. First, as others have commented, the back does seem to mark and scratch quite easily. But I don't care, my phone is safe and mark-free, which was the whole point of buying a case. Yes, there are materials that won't scratch so easily, but for me it's barely even a consideration. Secondly, as another reviewer mentioned, the piece of rubber along the bottom edge of the phone (by the home button and lightning socket) does have a bit of play and movement as there are no joins on the bottom to the back side of the case from the end of one speaker to the other. Again, this hasn't caused me any concerns either.

I never bother with screen protectors as they never stick properly, end up with bubbles and they start peeling off after a few days, no matter how carefully I try to apply them, so I can't comment on that aspect of the product. Besides, after 2 years of having an iPhone in my pocket (sometimes alongside keys when I put them in the wrong pocket!) I haven't managed to scratch the glass yet, so I find the screen protectors somewhat unnecessary anyway.

In summary, to me this seems to be a near-enough perfect case. It is well-priced, of high quality, does exactly what it sets out to do and retains the good looks of the phone. I can't recommend this highly enough! I just wish they made one for the 4S so I could order my wife one...
on 6 March 2017
Did not fit phone, I tried to put it on and it just took off my glass screen protector. Was also a cloudy colour which I did not realise when i bought it. Awful
on 16 February 2013
Very cheap and nice seal around the phone. However, it would be fine if you then stored it in a bag and protected the bumper from all the elements. The problem seems to the be the coating seems to absorb all dirty elements that it comes into contact with and became a horrendous shabby colour within a few weeks. Ended up replacing it with an alternative.
on 22 January 2016
I bought this just to make my order up to £20 to qualify for free delivery, and I am so glad that I did.

I will start of by saying that I was not in the market for a phone case, as I was already using one that seemed perfectly functional. However, as I ordered this to make my order up to £20, I thought that I'd give it a go. I can truly say that it is really great, and if you are too lazy to read any further, you should go ahead and buy it if you want to have a case that isn't too bulky, and where you can still show off the great looks of your lovely aluminium iPhone.

It is a very nice case, which feels great on the phone. Compared to the many other phone cases that I have used for my iPhone 5s, it feels far smoother and more integrated. By integrated, I mean that the rounded edges that protrude slightly above the screen are soft and grippy, which means it feels very much like it is a part of the original phone.

Having worked in a phone shop and seen many cases for iPhones, and having bought about 8 from Amazon over the two and a half years I've had my phone, I can say that it is the best one that I have ever used or owned.

I would highly recommend the phone case, but I cannot comment on the screen protector. I use Minotaur Apple iPhone 5/5S/5C Screen Protector Pack: Matte Anti Glare (6 Screen Protectors), and can confidently say that they are by far the best on the market.