Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 18 October 2013
The plates and spoons seemed Ok, I didn't tryed it because I wanted to try the food processor first. I returned the set because the processor was to difficult to clean(almost impossible) and you could only put very small amounths of food at a time to process. Very unpratical when you have little time.
on 29 June 2015
I was really pleased with this product when I first bought it 3 months ago.
Now for some reason it has just stopped working, have checked the fuse, and plugged it into a different socket, but its still not working.
It didn't blow up, make a noise or anything to show it had broken.
Not impressed that the unit has failed after only three months, and it wasn't used every day to begin with.
Saying that, the Avent sterilizer I also bought failed after only one week.
Phillips need to make some improvements to their products.
The bowls and spoons are great, they are still in one piece!
on 10 December 2013
I had been using this blender for about 3 months once a day to mash fruits for the baby (not food).I was pleased with the resaults until last week when one day without any warning it would not start working.No sound,no spinning... Nothing at all.I have tried many times since then to use it even empty but with the same resaults:it does nothing.It does not work.
I wonder if there is warranty for this item as I did not find anything except from instructions in the box.
No heavy use for so little time and I am now looking for another blender. DISSAPOINTED! I would not buy the same product again & I do not recommend it.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
In the box you get a 600ml blender, storage cup, 2 dishes and 2 spoons.

The dishes are uni-sex, attractive, hard wearing and dishwasher proof (not microwave proof). The dishes have non-slip bases which is great to prevent them sliding along the high-chair tray and the spoons are a nice width for easy gripping.

The blender is easy enough to assemble and operate. It comes apart just as easily and can be washed in the dishwasher. It blends food efffortlessly and the noise level isn't deafening.

In all it is a great set and ideal for those early weaning days. My only negative point on this set is the current price of 53GBP.
This set is the SCF860/00 which comes with 2 dishes and 2 spoons for 53GBP, but:
You could buy the SCF716/00 feeding set (http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003MAJ5NS) for 13GBP which comes with the same bowls as this set, an additional plate, fork and spoon.
Then you could buy either:
The set SCF860/21 with the same blender, 6 cups/lids and 2 spoons for 39GBP (http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004G8QH18)
or
The set SCF860/24 comes with the same blender and 6 cups/lids for 34GBP (http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006GAXVDQ)

Prices on Amazon are quite fluid, so this may not always be the best option, before you take the plunge it may pay to search amazon for the blender code SCF860 and see if you can get a better deal.
on 10 October 2013
This product is an awful design. I discovered food stuck underneath the blade despite washing immediately after using with hot water and detergent. Soaking does nothing to dislodge the stuck food, and I can't get any kind of cleaning brush that would reach under the blades. I think this is a waste of money, going to have to throw it!
on 30 April 2016
This is a brilliant blender, with the pulse button you can puree or crush food to desired consistency. I bought this for my now 4 year old in Jan 2013, I still have it and use it for blending spices/ soups, it's perfect for that too. I'm now purchasing another one for my 5 month old son to start weaning soon, can't wait!
on 1 March 2014
I bought this set during a flash sale after Christmas for £17 so for that price, it was a steal. I was however prepared to pay £30 for the set.

The product description is inaccurate so to clarify you get the following:
- 1 mini blender with separate smaller mini mill
- 6 food storage pots (240ml)
- 2 spoons
- 2 bowls

I have used the blender for foods including carrots, potatoes, chicken, apples, vegetables in cheese sauces. In each case, I was immediately and have not had a problem with staining or stuck food under the blades. Yes you can't blend a large quantity in one go but I'd rather not do so anyway so this isn't a problem for me. The bowl has stained slightly with use but this hasn't been a deal breaker.

Would definitely recommend this set together with the Philips Avent food storage pots set of 20pcs for parents who want to make their babies' food.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 4 December 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
When this arrived I was delighted. I opened the box and removed the 2 spoons, the 2 dishes and then lifted out the blender, and I looked at the set with a smile on my face.

The dishes have a lovely cartoon scene in the centre with a bunny rabbit as the main character; along with a decorative edging. They are of a pvc type construction so there is no need to worry about chips or breakages should you bang or drop them.

The spoons match the dish with the little bunny on the base of the handle, they are also pvc and the cup end is small and rounded so no need to worry about metal or sharp edges hurting the little one's mouth.

The blender is a 600 ml size jug, and it is big enough to wiz up some fresh fruit or veggies for your hungry bundle of joy. It makes lovely smooth liquidized vegetables, even the steamed carrots come out without lumps.

There is an instruction booklet and a handful of suggested recipes, however, should you find that you want to try something different there are suggestions for websites which may give you ideas for a "tasty" treat for changing things up. As a rule of thumb I always say if I can't stomach it why should a child have to.

Please remember to be careful with the amount of salt that you use (if you use any) as it can cause a baby/toddler a lot of problems if there is too much, and too much is the amount that an adult eats. Should you have any doubts it is better to leave it out than harm your child.

As with most things when dealing with hot food, such as steamed vegetables, remember to be careful taking the lid off the blender as there will have been a build-up of steam inside the jug, and you could be scalded, I would recommend always using a cloth to open the blender lid.

This is not one of those baby items which is going to end up in the back of the cupboard when the child is older and on solid food. It is a very good item for making such as smoothies, especially when you only want a single glass.

This is well worth considering if you are looking to make your own baby food and want something which will be useful in years to come rather than taking up valuable cupboard/counter space.
VINE VOICEon 28 March 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I got this set for my granddaughter but did not realise that she was a little too old for it. It is very much an introduction to weaning and not advanced enough for toddlers who are well into solid food. It is a beautiful set nevertheless and would be a nice gift for a baby on the verge of taking solids. Very decorative and easy to clean, it is great for the cost.
on 9 January 2014
I ordered this and Firstly i was surprised to find only the blender without the dish set in the box. Having sent an email to Amazon asking for the missing parts and the answer was sorry and will refund me 5% of the price as they didnt have any more item in stock while i still saw this set available online. I actually wanted the weaning set as well not the lil bit of money back. Very disappointed.

The blender itself is fine but you cannot blend meat as it should. Moreover, you can make only 1 portion of baby food at a time. So i have to blend twice to make 2 days stock.