on 20 January 2013
This storage unit is just what we were after. We were worried that it would be too small but it is great for our son's toys. He still keeps his big toys in his toy box but this is perfect for all the things that have been burried at the bottom of the toy box for months! It's given him a new interest in his toys as they are easily accessable. It's like an invitation to play! We have a music box, 2 puzzles boxes, a box for building bricks etc.
The design is lovely and actually looks nice in our living room. The end you can't see in the picture hasthe snake and the mouse on it with a tree going right to the top of the panel.
Pretty easy to build too, didn't take long.
on 19 September 2013
I have to admit when I saw it disassembled it looked very small. However, once I had it in the toy area and I started filling the Gruffalo Boxes with my daughter's toys, I found that they all fit perfectly and there was actually space for more.
Please consider that my daughter is the only child in both my husband and my family so she has A LOT of toys.
So now this holds all the puzzles with their pieces and all the little things that children seem to enjoy collecting.
It is also really cute to look at, and it takes me 1 minute flat to throw all in the boxes when we are finished play.
Highly recommend it.
on 12 January 2015
The positive is that it does store more bits and pieces than I thought ; it is easy to access toys because he can use the individual boxes rather than a large toy box where all the toys have to get tipped out to find the desired item; the individual storage boxes are easy for a child to lift and transport as they are lightweight.

It loses a star for being so expensive for what it is, and the storage boxes are not that robust. My child empties his toys out of the boxes, then pulls the cardboard support out of the bottom of the box, so we have to keep reassembling it. Also the storage boxes wobble a bit on the horizontal bars.
on 28 November 2015
I have purchased two of these units for my three year old daughter, who has a typical amount of toys for a child of her age. Putting together was no problem and only required a Philips screwdriver, and was done in about twenty minutes (both units). Please be aware that the baskets can get quite heavy when filled, and my daughter is of a size that she struggled to remove the heavier ones without dropping the contents everywhere, which fortnight defeats the purpose of storage?! Essentially the trays sit on three bars at each of the three levels....you pull them and and off.
Very nicely decorated in Gruffalo motifs and looks great in any room.
on 17 March 2013
When I saw the dimensions of this storage unit I was a little worried that all my sons toys wouldn't fit, but it was Gruffalo which is my sons favourite character so I decided to go ahead and buy it. The pictures on the side panels are really lovely and the individual toy bins themselves are well made and hold more than you would expect. I'm very pleased with this product and would recommend it to anyone. It is also very easy to assemble.
on 27 December 2013
This came up on the Black Friday Deals, one of the things that you wouldn't normally look up on Amazon! Was easy to build, fits loads in and looks really nice and bright in my sons room, now i'm going to see if there are any more Gruffalo furniture items!! Well made and quite robust really.
on 3 April 2013
The design is very cute and the Gruffalo is obviously very popular with my children. However, the quality of the storage shelf is really quite poor. The boards are thin and the whole shelf is a bit shaky, even on a very even wood floor. I've already assembled it and the return shipping costs make this purchase not worth returning it, but I would certainly not purchase a second one. I think it would easily topple over if a baby tried to pull himself up on it. Luckily, I bought this as a lightning deal, so it wasn't very expensive but it is definitely not worth full price. You can get much better, more sturdy shelves for the same price. I will probably replace this one very soon.
on 18 August 2015
Beautiful piece of furniture son loves it, I would however say to check the dimensions as it is small but it does state the size so be aware that it ismy a large piece of furniture. It's so handy to keep all his little toys away, balls, puzzle pieces and shapes and all sorts of little bits that normally get lost are easily accessible and kept together easily.

The only thing I would improve is the poles and this is the reason for it being 4 star's as it makes it difficult to put together. The poles have a little plastic cap at the end for the screw to go into, however it's not actually secured to the pile so while you're assembling it the plastic just spins around in the pole while trying to get the screw in. To get around this I had to apply a lot of pressure so was using my face and legs to hold bits together while I screwed it in (not the best look). I would recommend getting some glue so you could pop the plastic piece out and glue it in and this should solve the problem
on 16 April 2013
We had a similar storage so we can compare. The non-branded one we had is a lot sturdier, has thicker panels and better sticks than this one. The thin panels are connected by some sticks and one of ours was already a bit cracked before assembling the item. I am very disappointed, considering the good reputation of the brand. The only nice thing about it are the pictures. As one reviewer pointed out, it is not safe with a crawling baby around, I'm sure it'd come down on his or her head if they tried to support themselves on this rack. When our second child starts crawling I'll have to put it out of his reach. Wouldn't recommend, there's far better and cheaper.
on 4 July 2014
Great piece of furniture! Was worried it would be too small but surprising how much it fits in. We got the toy box aswell for bulkier toys, they both look fab together, would definitely recommend. My little boy is 18months and loves the gruffalo!