on 1 April 2013
The first one arrived faulty and it doesn't come with an instruction manual. Looked it up on Nikon site online and didn't give any explanation for the fault, red exclamation mark and message memory card will not format. Well as the card is an integral part of the camera I couldn't fixit. I rang Nikon and they advised me to return it to amazon. The second camera arrived very quickly and worked ok but now after 20 days the same fault has occurred on this camera so I am going to return it and not risk another one. It's a beautiful little camera and takes great pics but I will wait until the problems are ironed out before I risk another one. I have loads of photos on the camera which I am going to lose!
on 9 April 2013
i was looking for a camera that was not to
big and you did not have to keep changing
the batteries this does all off those,at the
moment can,t find any faults.
VINE VOICEon 14 November 2012
Colour Name: White|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Wow... this camera is TINY! I have a Canon IXUS, known for being small, and this Nikon camera is a new kind of small. I have quite big hands, but I still found the camera easy to handle. You have power, shoot and review buttons on top, everything else is done via. the touch screen, which is more or less the whole back of the camera. The photo quality is all you would expect from a big name like Nikon, that's to say it's very good.

It's 10Mp, which is plenty. Built in storage allows 3100 photo's at max resolution, again, more than enough for most people, even on a long holiday. The battery life seems very good also, I can't quantify it in hours, but I've used it for long periods with no problems. Battery is built in, which is a down side, but understandable at this size.

The bad points...
* The optical zoom is only 3x, not great, but to be expected in such a small camera I guess.
* I did find the touch screen quite difficult to use and at times very unresponsive, maybe this is due to my big fingers, but I found it annoying at times.
* My personal preference is to take photos without flash, and it annoyed me that I couldn't permanently disable the flash, I had to jump in and do it each time I turned the camera on. Not the end of the world, but annoying all the same.

It comes with a charger, USB cable and wrist strap, but no case.

All in all, a great LITTLE camera.
on 1 February 2013
First of all you need to keep things in perspective --this is a tiny pocketable digital camera that can go anyhwere with you -and after all that's the point of photography with a compact camera isn't it? Something to carry with you wherever you go ? This is that camera -its tiny. Sure it won't take as good pictures as your large bulky expensive DSLR but its not trying to compete with that -its just a very small beautifully made compact camera that slips easily into your pocket, shirt sleeve or handbag. So don't expect it to take the same quality as your DSLR. That said -in fair to good light the pictures are great -low light -a little grainy. Very easy to use -turn on, take picture -job done. I've had many different cameras over the years including Leica, Olympus, Canon, Nikon digital and evern older medium format stuff like Bronica and Mamiya and the Blad -this will not take that kind of quality photo -BUT it will be instantly available and ready for that snap shot wherever you go -and to me thats worth the purchase price of this little Nikon. No SD card to worry about, No Battery to concern yourself with ( its in- built and not user replaceable -much like your iphone battery thats sealed in ) -Take picture plug in USB Lead to computer and it downloads instantly -simple.
I'm fussy about my photography and it grieves me that some Photographers whinge about the quaility of this little Nikon when they compare it to a normal size digital compact or full size DSLR. Its not the same and you cannot compare it. To me -it takes great photos -photos that you would probably have missed because you have left your camera at home -and yes its much better than a phone camera. For its size and price ( and Amazon is by far the cheapest at the time of writing this ) its super. Great photos, fast responsive controls, well made and simple and simply tiny. Fantastic -mine is white which looks cool. Don't blow up your photos too big and you will be delighted -be reasonable with your expectations and don't compare it to a DSLR and you will be happy. Its a great carry around anywhere tiny quality made camera.
review image review image
Colour Name: White|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Wow, I abosolutely love the Nikon 'Coolpix S01', not only does it look good but it is a dream to use also.

The camera comes boxed and includes a strap, ac adapter, usb cable, manual and warrenty.

So what's so amazing about the Coolpix S01?

Well, it's small, just 1.7 cm x 7.7 cm x 5.1 cm and weighs 95 g. Small enough to fit comfortably into the palm of your hand. The one I have received is a stunning sleek high gloss black design.

Being small you might think it lacks some of the features a larger camera might have, not so, features include 10.1 megapixels, a wide optical 3X Nikkor zoom, it is touch screen, it has an almost full size LCD screen of 6.2 cm and also the ability to record HD 720p movies.

How does it perform?

The touch screen has an aniti reflective coating which ensures perfect playback every time.

Navigagtion is a breeze with the onscreen customisable menus.

The camera has a very quick start up time and every function works within moments including a super fast auto focus which allows you to capture memories the minute they happen.

The 10 mp CCD image sensor and NIKKOR 3x optical zoom lens produces high quality images and movies everytime for printing out or displaying on screen (either camera or larger screens).

I am absolutely thrilled with the Coolpx S01, since owning the camera I have managed to photograph a birthday celebration with ease, fantastic outside shots and movies of our Jack Russell playing tag with the children including a fantastic shot of her falling into our fish pond whilst chasing a leaf.

This camera is easy to carry around with you and so quick to use, that it is perfect the those once in a lifetime shots that you just may miss otherwise.

10/10 score from me!
on 8 July 2013
Brilliant camera. Does everything you would want. Took it to America and took wonderful photos and videos of Yellowstone Monument Valley and Grand Canyon. So small but really big on use. Very good value.
on 15 March 2014
This is the ideal camera for a pocket or handbag, but
the picture is snapshot quality. I suspect the lens is not
up to the usual Nikon standard. Nevertheless it is good
value for money and meets my requirements.
VINE VOICEon 14 November 2012
Colour Name: White|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The first thing I noticed about this camera is how small it is - it's absolutely tiny. For such a small camera, the photos it takes are generally pretty good quality, so if for some reason you need a particularly small camera then this will do the job. The only problem is that when most people have a smartphone, you're not really saving space by taking this with you as well. If you want really high quality photos, then use a good SLR camera. If you just want holiday snaps, use your phone. There is a market for this camera somewhere in between those extremes, but many people will probably find they don't use this camera very often.
The camera itself is quite simple to use, so if you're not into techie stuff it should still be quite easy to use. However, the options are rather limited, and the touchscreen itself is quite clunky, especially compared to many smartphones.
There is also no way of expanding the memory size, and you have to plug the camera into a computer to download images - there's no memory card to take out and plug into a cardreader for example.
The screen on the back is a good size compared to the size of the unit itself, and this does make previewing the photos easy.
It's not a bad camera, but it's just hard to see how it would be useful to most people.
on 1 May 2014
Would I have paid full RRP for this? No way. That said, awesome little piece of Nikon kit. Smaller than a credit card and good picture quality. The most compact camera I've seen in a long time. It does have limitations, but that's hardly surprising seeing as it's so small, just make sure you hold it rock steady. It's ideally suited to taking pictures outdoors in bright light, as the flash (hardly surprising) isn't so powerful. The video capability however is stunning, I was really surprised at the quality. Anyone who I showed this to, immediately wanted one. I could have re-sold it over and over.
on 3 July 2014
Bought this after the price had dropped - a work colleague had bought one when they first came out and were three times the price. A great little camera which is tiny - fits very easily into a pocket and really is the size of a credit card (albeit a fat card).
There is no screw hole to attach a tripod which is rubbish if you want to do timer selfies but I have a spring loaded gripper holder which I got for my iphone which fits this too, so have overcome this issue (Joby GripTight GorillaPod Stand for Smartphones).
A bit of a faff to get to the various settings and change things (such as the focus length and timer delay) and it doesn't come with a user manual - you have to go online to get some instructions. Reasonably intuitive to use it though and ideal as an everyday point and shoot camera and as a huge internal memory for storage - there is no removable storage so you have to upload via a cable directly into the computer. This is not necessarily a problem unless you have taken loads of photos and are not able to access a computer whilst on holiday or whatever.
Photo quality is good but if you have a decent phone camera which you are probably carrying around with you anyway it might not be worth it.