on 7 July 2013
I purchased this printer primarily for use with my tablet & smartphone (both Android) as a general purpose everyday printer. It is very neat & compact & was very easy to set up straight out of the box - the activation of the printer on HP eprint Center & Google Cloud Print was straightforward (both apps are free on Play Store), as was connecting to my secured wifi router. Printing to HP eprint email is simple; so too is printing a file on the tablet. You can select single or duplex printing, one page, multiple pages or all pages. I have also installed the printer on my laptop (software downloadable from HP eprint Center) & printed from the laptop in an adjacent room to the printer. Printing is fast & good quality. I have not yet tested the scan & copy functions, but part of the set up process does include a test scan & this was fine.
I shall still use my A3 printer for my Photoshop & photographic printing, but it is a bit of a beast & has a pretty massive footprint compared to the 5520; so if space is at a premium then the 5520 is a good choice. Overall a very versatile, good quality product (I have always purchased HP printers) & for the price you can't go wrong.
Update 10/7 - it's worth mentioning that it is not possible to set up this printer to default to duplex printing from Android (only possible to do this in Windows on a PC), & this has been confirmed by HP Support. It will print duplex from Android, but you need to manually change the setting each time, which is not the ideal situation.
on 25 November 2013
So when I reviewed this printer back in 2013, I had concerns over how long it would live (see below where I have the original review). However, it's been over three years now and the printer is still going strong and working just as well as it did on day one. The grinding noises have stopped and I can't really complain. It all works and for a cheap printer I bought and only really needed to last one year I'd say it's done a great job.

Offers high quality printing, e-print features, scanning, fax (I think, who uses fax these days anyway?) and wireless printing at a cheap price. Never (or rarely) have any issues with it (provided you use Windows. Mac doesn't always play nice)

Original review:
The quality of hardware is not. Severe grinding noises from the gears and no way to fix it (that I know off) Possibly meaning it's on borrowed time, and it's only 1 month old. Just feel like I've wasted money
on 18 May 2014
Arrived on time, in perfect condition and sensibly wrapped. Easy to install, it does it all itself. I am not tecnnically minded and did not want an all singing all dancing printer, as long as it does what it is supposed to I am happy, it does so I'm happy with it. Only disappointment is that it makes a series of noises when asked to print or scan rather like it's saying "I was asleep then why have you woken me up? I'm not happy about this".
on 22 March 2014
This newer photosmart has a far more robust feed/ deliver tray. The older model had a paper tray which was always vulnerable if anyone, or dog, walked past. On the 5520 the shelf is used in its compact mode... a real design improvement.

This is the first wireless printer that I have set up to print from other sources I haven't had much need of this facility but it is a good idea.
on 17 April 2017
Works fine but is horrifically loud, you can hear it downstairs in the living room whilst watching TV.
on 22 March 2017
ok
on 20 May 2017
I hate this printer, constantly jamming and I can't afford to replace it
on 11 October 2014
Great printer, good value for money, scanner is decent and print quality is exceptional.
on 6 June 2017
Not bad
on 2 February 2015
Excellent Printer would recommended to any one