on 19 January 2014
I absolutely love this show and after waiting to see season 3 for a couple of years, and then finding out it wouldn't be airing in the UK, I was SO happy to finally find this region 2 boxset. Season 3 is fantastic.... full of twists and jaw dropping moments - it will keep you on the edge of your seat. This is a must buy for any Pretty Little Liars fan - I can't wait for season 4!! After reading reviews, I was a bit confused abut what languauge this DVD is, but I can confirm that it is definitely english (with french audio as an option). Buy it, you won't be disappointed!!
on 11 July 2013
Season 3 is a must have for all PLL fans!! So many twists and answered, and also unanswered questions! new characters that will confuse you like mad and you will be as hooked as ever! If you're not a fan yet, go buy the first two seasons. You will NOT regret it!!
on 12 June 2014
I bought this DVD through amazon from 'express dvds'. I love you express dvds! Not only did you deliver my DVD when you said you would but also in perfect condition, a region 2 dvd and very reasonably priced too, new for under£10, bargain! Most of the time when I've looked on Amazon the dvds of this series to purchase they have been US imports and wickedly expensive too! I watched the 1st & 2nd PLL series on Warner channel on Virgin Media and absolutely loved it! I was hooked from the very 1st episode. However I was sadly disappointed when the next year Virgin got rid of Warner channel and did not show series 3. Shame on you Vigin Media! OMG, I was left hanging! It was literally the best series I've seen in yrs. I'm so happy that I was able to purchase through amazon. Yay for amazon! Trying to watch the series on a laptop is no fun either. I will be buying series 4 when it's out in Sept too. Whatever age you are, give this series a chance. At first you may think it's just aimed at teenagers but once you get into the storyline you realise it's so very cleverly written and acted with loads of shocks, twists and turns and quiet dark in places but completely addictive to watch. I told my 45yr old sister and 64yr old aunt and they love it too! As the series go on they get better and better. Each time you think you may understand who' A' is, who's helping 'A' new revelations come to light and your guessing again! I just absolutely love this series it blows other series outta the water. It's so cool, buy it, watch it, give it a proper go and see for yourself what I mean. I recommend it whole-heartedly.
on 30 October 2014
I don't know how the people involved in making this wonderful series manage to keep everything both the same and yet different from year to year. All the things good about Seasons 1 and 2 are still there in Season 3, yet it is still new, interesting and sometimes moving. The few reviewers who disagree possibly watched this Season too soon after the end of Season 2; you must take a break or it becomes too much.

As ever, enigmas are solved only to reveal more mysteries behind them; a mid-season revelation of who else is working for "A" is quite a shock. The 'extras' include alternative versions of that scene in each of which a different character is revealed as `A's agent; I do not know if these were filmed because the writers had not yet decided who it would be or (more likely) to keep people guessing if contradictory rumours escaped from the production prior to broadcast.

As this series has now been approved in the States for an eventual total of 7 Seasons to be made, I hope they can continue to keep up the same high standard of characters, acting, ingenuity of plot and even the girls' fashions and backing music. (I especially like the extended excerpt from Lana Del Rey's `Ride' in Spencer's love scene in the last episode, but I can't tell you who Spencer has the love scene with, following Toby's disappearance, without giving away too much of the plot!)

I also hope the mystery makes sense when the last parts of it are presumably revealed in the final season!

Great credit to I. Marlene King, of whose career I know nothing except that she devised and runs this television show. I assume credit also due to Sarah Shepherd for writing the books on which it is based, although I confess I have not read them yet.

As ever, the regular cast are both good and reassuringly stable; most of the same actors and characters from the first season are still there, including the four girls of course. I have always liked especially Lucy Hale as Aria Montgomery and Troian Ambrosiano as Spencer Hastings, but this season increasingly like Ashley Benson as Hanna Marin as well. I really hope Pretty Little Liars hangs on to the same talented cast in future Seasons, and hope we shall see more of the cast members in other good programmes and films in future.

Of their parents, the mothers make more impression than the fathers. I especially like Laura Leighton as Mrs Marin (Hannah's mother) and Holly Marie Coombs as Mrs Montgomery (Aria's mother). Keagan Allen as Toby continues to be good among the boys.

If you want to be pedantic I am sure you could sit down and list quite a few things about the plot that considered objectively are improbable, including, as often in American television, a cast of supposed high school students played by actors and actresses mostly in their mid or late twenties. However, to be pedantic about realism in a work of fiction is to `let daylight in upon magic'; so don't, just enjoy this programme.
on 1 March 2014
Pretty Little Liars is absolutely amazing, especially season 3 with twists and jaw dropping moments in every episode!! I am still confused though is this region two??
on 28 February 2014
I love this show so much!!. I was so happy seeing that season 3 was out and so I grabbed at the chance to get it and I am so glad I did.
this season has much more drama and you finally get to see a glimse of who is helping A and It's the last person you think would being helping A.
You also get to see a glimse of the girl in the red coat and Spencer ends up at Radley sanitorium and finds hidden things that Mona has left behind as a previous patient.
this review sucks I know but I don't want to give all the good bits a way for those who haven't seen the show.

This Dvd says it is from Sweden and yes it is but it plays in english and on english Dvd players for those who aren't sure. if you are from the UK and aren't very sure how things like this work well any dvd with region 2 will play anywhere in Europe like the Uk and they all play in English and they have subtitles in other languages for those who's english isn't their mother tongue. I hope that helps even if it's just one person it helps that's good :-).
on 2 August 2015
I was drawn into this by chance when a housemate recorded the first season from sky as a laugh. So many plot twists it becomes impossible to know who to trust and for every question answered it creates 2 or 3 new ones. I always find myself switching on to " just one more episode" with each session unable to leave it alone
on 2 December 2013
Is this box set in English or not??? It says English AND French which I don't understand and when viewed on my phone it says it's in Swedish. There's another version of the season 3 region 2 that isn't available yet so I'm wondering is that the one I should wait for, is that the English version?
on 19 April 2014
As I am in my late twenties I am probably about ten years older than the intended audience for pll. HOWEVER...I CAN NOT GET ENOUGH OF THIS SHOW!! Another great season. Can't wait until September for the UK release of season 4!!
on 13 March 2014
this is one of my favourite shows could of been a lower price but it was worth every penny but the only problem I received it with a dent in the front cover and a hole over all it was in good quality