Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

on 22 December 2013
Due it being an Amazon product expected it to be very good quality to use with my kindle. Yet was delivered in a larger box than needed and fell apart within hours. I guess should have realised by the price being very cheap that product would be too.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Decent stylus pen that works on my phone and does what it should. No better or worse than any other stylus I've used and I'd class it as average. My negative would be that it's priced quite highly for something advertised as 'a basic' and I'd question the 'executive' logo as it has no additional features. Does the job.
on 18 September 2014
Got this for my kindle. I like to have things all the same brand... I don't know why, it's a pricey problem sometimes. Anyway, this stylus does the job well. Yeh you could pick up a really cheap one for 99p but this basics stylus is well made, so it'll probably last a lot longer. I honestly didn't think I'd use it much but now it feels weird when I go back to using a finger. You'd be surprised how handy one of these becomes.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'd never used a stylus before, generally finding a finger would suffice to drive my iPad, iPod and smart phone. Given the chance to try one free of charge though, courtesy of Amazon Vine, I naturally jumped at the chance.

So, what do you get? Eagerly unwrapping the packaging revealed a very lightweight, matt black, plastic biro lookalike, with a subtle Amazon logo on the side and a bouncy rubber tip. On all my touch-screen devices, it did work, but required a little more pressure than I expected, as the touch doesn't seem to be registered until the tip has been compressed. As the tip is a dome shape of approximately 5mm diameter, its accuracy was significantly better than using a forefinger, but little different to using the tip of your little finger. When typing text on the iPad, there was a noticeable delay when using the stylus, so I have to say that fingers work better. On a much smaller device like a smart phone or iPod however, the accuracy of the stylus is very welcome. It also means your screen can be kept fingerprint free.

Worth getting if your're a bit ham-fisted and don't want fingerprints all over your touch screen.

**** UPDATE ****

Now, after 6 weeks' use, I've found that the tip and inner tube have become loose and drop out sometimes. It's not a screw fitting, but just seems to be pushed into place, so I'm not very impressed with the build quality. I've replaced this stylus with one from my local Pound Shop, which seems to be more solid and certainly works just as well. Rating reduced to 2 stars accordingly.
VINE VOICEon 7 March 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have tried other styli for my iPad and they have all been much of a muchness; this one from Amazon Basics is no worse nor any better.It's matt black and very plasticky - no weight at all. It works well enough on my iPad Retina, but to be honest no better or with any finer precision than my finger. I think it is just okay, nothing special. I can see myself easily losing it,too, as unlike some other styli there is no mechanism for attaching it to the iPad itself. Value for money scores a big minus - if this was sold at say "3 styli for a fiver" then that would be fair; a kind of disposable price that I could live with but at its current price you may as well use the digits God gave you :-)
on 13 March 2015
I love this little stylus. It is very light, it looks good quality and works wonderfully for such a bargain price.
Although I had seen cheaper, Amazon Basics really inspires confidence and at very reasonable prices so I thought I'd go for this one instead. It is great for reading on your kindle and highlighting documents which I do a lot right now as doing my dissertation.
on 16 January 2014
Bought due to the incredibly cheap price. Made of sturdy metal, and in my opinion, the right chunkiness for holding. However be careful not to use the non-stylus end as they can be hard to distinguish if picking up and using in a hurry. I used the non-stylus end on my tablet and as a result, ended up with a large scratch across my screen. Therefore i have since stopped using the item.
on 20 April 2013
After centuries of using clay tablets and a sharp pointy stick I finally upgraded to a fondleslab. Using my fingers the screen became smeared with greasy fingerprints that were difficult to wipe off without inadvertantly rearranging my desktop.
I tried using my old pointy stick but that scratched the screen.
Then one day I saw this implement. What an difference it makes! How can they produce a plastic stick with a soft squidgy end for just £6? More amazing Amazon value!
on 16 July 2013
I bought this stylus because Iliked the one on my wife's IPAD. The lack of a "wander lead" is a big disadvantage: the clip is poor and does not stay attached to the case reliably. If I did not have a case the stylus would be B..... All use. Never the less the stylus is better than nothing but not well thought through.
on 14 May 2014
Works great with all my touch screen devices. Feels well built and quite sturdy. Only detractor is that the pen shaft feels very faintly scratchy, as if it were very fine sand paper but at the same time isn't super grippy...

See one answered question